Got fitted at Club champion for a driver shaft.  Got the shaft today in the mail and they glued the adjustment settings! Granted its set in A1 (what I got fit for) but at the same time I might want to adjust that at some point.  Any reason to do that?  

If I took a torch to the adapter would it be pretty easy to dislodge that?  

thanks.  

4 minutes ago, metatron1212 said:

Got fitted at Club champion for a driver shaft.  Got the shaft today in the mail and they glued the adjustment settings! Granted its set in A1 (what I got fit for) but at the same time I might want to adjust that at some point.  Any reason to do that?  

If I took a torch to the adapter would it be pretty easy to dislodge that?  

thanks.  

If you take the head off you can’t change the settings?  If so I would return; there shouldn’t be any reason to do this.  

if you use heat or a torch you would potential damage the ferrule and it would be best to reflux the shaft.  You might be able to use something to remove the excess epoxy, but I wouldn’t on a new driver that you paid to have built correctly 

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Yeah it wouldn't adjust once it was off the club.  I just got it unstuck tho!!  I took it off to look at it again and that pressure must have loosened the epoxy that must have gotten into the groove.  PHEW!!!   Thanks!!

• Like 1

Yeah it's easy to get a bit of epoxy stuck in between the grooves of the COG.  I work with them all of the time but have never had them stick together.

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     TSi2 9* Project X HZRDUS RDX Smoke C3 setting

Fairways   HZRDUS Smoke 13.5* & 19* C3 setting

Driving Iron:   U500 17* Fujikura Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   T300 4 & 5 iron, T200 6 - W Project X 6.0 1* up

Wedges   SM7 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter    Newport 2

Ball   2020 ProV1

19 hours ago, cnosil said:

If you take the head off you can’t change the settings?  If so I would return; there shouldn’t be any reason to do this.  

if you use heat or a torch you would potential damage the ferrule and it would be best to reflux the shaft.  You might be able to use something to remove the excess epoxy, but I wouldn’t on a new driver that you paid to have built correctly 

Exactly !