TESTERS WANTED! ×

Sergio back to TaylorMade

He’s signed on with TM again. Interesting to see a Scotty in the bag

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPAppvOJ2W9/?utm_medium=copy_link

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Callaway always seemed like a different fit for him. Not bad by any means, just different. I guess more because I got so use to seeing him in TM gear. Glad to see him back and hope there will be some success that follows. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Didn’t he have issues with the Chrome soft ball while on callaway? Figured he would be back on at some point just seems like a good fit for him

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

21 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Good for him.  I know he isn't a very popular player but I have always liked Sergio.

Same. 

14 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

Didn’t he have issues with the Chrome soft ball while on callaway? Figured he would be back on at some point just seems like a good fit for him

He didn’t like the ball offerings they had and he switched back to the TM ball he was playing. Callaway wanted him to play the new ball they had and he didn’t want to so they parted ways

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

1 hour ago, Apolloshowl said:

Callaway always seemed like a different fit for him. Not bad by any means, just different. I guess more because I got so use to seeing him in TM gear. Glad to see him back and hope there will be some success that follows. 

I just don't ever want to see a grown man in full out pee yellow from top to bottom...ever again. 2006 TM/Adidas apparel.

https://images.app.goo.gl/7zQNhz1Z4r7DWxUKA 

Edited by M. Parsons
  • In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Same. 

He didn’t like the ball offerings they had and he switched back to the TM ball he was playing. Callaway wanted him to play the new ball they had and he didn’t want to so they parted ways

Ahh I thought that was the problem .. thanks ..also super weird to part ways over a ball ? 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

2 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

Ahh I thought that was the problem .. thanks ..also super weird to part ways over a ball ? 

The ball is the one piece of equipment that pros have the hardest time going away from. Sergio talks about his in an interview with golf digest on his signing with TM again. Rory and others have struggled when making a ball switch. 

As for the spilt he was on contract to play a Callaway ball. He broke the contract by switching balls and didn’t want to go any of their offerings so he was technically in breach of contract. From Callaway perspective they are trying to gain market share and when one of their contracted staffers under contract for that product isn’t playing it that isn’t a good look. It’s also why when you see pros bags and they have a driver, wood or hybrid Thats from a competitor they still have the main sponsors head covers on them like KH Lee with epic headcovers on a titleist wood and hybrid. Marketing 

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The ball is the one piece of equipment that pros have the hardest time going away from. Sergio talks about his in an interview with golf digest on his signing with TM again. Rory and others have struggled when making a ball switch. 

As for the spilt he was on contract to play a Callaway ball. He broke the contract by switching balls and didn’t want to go any of their offerings so he was technically in breach of contract. From Callaway perspective they are trying to gain market share and when one of their contracted staffers under contract for that product isn’t playing it that isn’t a good look. It’s also why when you see pros bags and they have a driver, wood or hybrid Thats from a competitor they still have the main sponsors head covers on them like KH Lee with epic headcovers on a titleist wood and hybrid. Marketing 

yeah that makes sense 

Glad to see him back with TM golf.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

He just did not perform as well when he was with Callaway. I was wondering if he’d ever go back full TM! It would be pretty cool if he won this week just after signing with them again.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Don't know man... feels like taking back your ex... lol

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT