Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Most Personal Club in Your Bag

Most Personally Valued Club  

518 members have voted

1. 1. You have to hit a single shot. You don't know what it is: it could be a drive, an approach, a short game shot, a recovery shot, or a putt. Before I show you the shot, you get to choose one part of your bag that I cannot replace; everything else in your bag is replaced with generic, off-the-rack clubs. What are you picking?

• Driver
    • Fairway woods
    • Hybrids
    • Irons
    • Wedges
    • Putter

How are we defining "Generic, Off-the-rack clubs"? Is it what you would grab off the wall at a big box store from one of the major brands, or are we talking a box set?

Either way, my putter's the choice, I'm just wondering if I'd be getting a club upgrade for the rest of my bag out of the deal.

3W: Top Flite
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Rossie
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

The rest of the bag is an old Acuity box set. It all goes around on a BagBoy Nitron push cart.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything in my bag, including the bag, is off the rack, and I mean off the budget bin rack!  So I'd really be thrilled with any replacements.

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra RADSpeed XB 10.5° Motore X F3

Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra 15.5° 3/F Baffler Rail F

Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra RAD Speed 21° 4 Hybrid

Cobra RAD Speed 24° 5 Hybrid 

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra Aero Jet 5 - PW, GW

Wedges: :vokey-small: Spin Milled 56°, 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Stroke Lab OG #7

Bag: 1622150773421.jpg.867df9e5987ee9b79cc36f4c70090b01.jpg Big Max 14.0 Hybrid

Ball: :titleist-small: Titleist Velocity

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FJ Flex

This is close between my M6 driver and 58* Vokey with 4* of bounce. I'm so dialed in with my driver that giving me a club off the shelf would be a disaster off the tee. As for the 58*, I'm just money with it. I can hit any shot needed under 75 yards and really do well. I rarely blade it and it is my go to club unless I really need something esle (62* flop or 52* punch and run).

TaylorMade M6 10.5 (Sleeve @ 9.0) - PX HZRDUS Evenflow Black 75 (6.5) (Tipped 1in)

TaylorMade Stealth Plus Rescue 2-17 - PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX HY (6.5) (Tipped addl. .5in + .25in short)

TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue 4-22 (Sleeve @ 20.5) - PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX HY (6.5) (Tipped addl. .5in + .25in short)

2021 Callaway Apex Pro (4-PW) - DG X100

Sub70 286 Forged 50*-10 / 54*-12 (Black) - DG S400

Sub70 JB Forged 58*-06 (Black) - DG X100

Wilson Buckingham Infinite Putter - SuperStroke Traxion Claw (Cut to 33.5in)

Primary Ball: Rotation (Snell MTB-X, 2019 Left Dash, 2021 Pro-V1)

Wilson Staff Tour Bag

BagBoy Nitron Push Cart

Driver. No hesitation. For some reason, I am really sensitive to changes in the driver. When friends get new clubs, I have no problems hitting a few shots on the range and striping some iron shots. I routinely switch around putters for fun. I have a favorite but have no statistical data that says I putt any better with it. I've got 2 different 60 degree lob wedges I use. One is 6 bounce and the other is 12 and I'm not sure which one I like better. I've got 2 different gap wedges I'll switch out because I am not sure if I like the set wedge or not. And I have another wedge set where sometimes I play 56/60 and other times 54/58 just to test things out. I don't think it really matters.

But driver. Give me your new shiny club and I will top it, hit wild hooks, low cuts, high slice and pretty much hit every spot on the face except the middle. Give me a driver that I've never hit before on a tee box with pressure and I will consider just hitting the face and advancing the ball more than 150 yards an accomplishment. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

my old Odyssey Dual Force 992 putter. It was my first real putter purchase. Bought it new in like 95 or 96 and has been in and out of my bag ever since. 

Tour Edge Exotics Driver

Tour Edge Exotics Hybrids

Precept Tour Premium CB Irons 5-PW

Nickent Arc Wedges 50-54-58

Nickent Tour Prototype MP/03, Cleveland VP Milled #2, Cameron Select Newport 2.5, Cameron California Napa 

I was going to pick my "old trusty" 3w, just never leaves my bag - never been able to find something to kick it out. It defends itself with a tenacious passion so given that I'm going to say "Wedges" - my Glide 3.0 54* is just such a goto club. It gets me out of trouble and is great for attacking the green with a variety of shots; full, partial, low punch, flops and gives me all the confidence I need in the sand. In all honesty close call between the 54* and 58*.

I tried a few other brands when looking to replace my Vokeys and the Glide 3.0 just kicked ass over the RTX4 and the MD4; both great wedges to be true, but the Ping inspired confidence.

The Pings are going nowhere without a fight.

:tour-edge: C721 9.5 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX
:tour-edge: C721 15 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX
:tour-edge: C721 18 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX
:tour-edge:EXS220 22 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black
:tour-edge: EXS Pro Forged 5-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 58/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:mizuno-small: M-Craft VI with BGT Stability shaft and Super Stroke Zenergy XL Flatso 2.0 (25g CounterCore weight)
seed.png.34e6908c56b2f4a28f3511fa62a86f0d.png SD-01 ball 

MGS Galway Bay Rain Gear Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60769-galway-bay-rain-gear-2023-forum-review/

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

• 2 months later...

Wedges, specifically my 47° Cleveland. Inside 120, my confidence in hitting the green expands exponentially. Everything leading up to this is advancement of the ball towards the hole. Driver and woods aren't that vital to my game mentality. Would be hard to part with my Titleist C16 irons, but not my wedges 

@prilltx

Golf is challenging, R U doing the work...or hoping 4 different outcomes?

Titleist C16 irons

Vokey 55°, 60° wedges

Cleveland 50°, 46° wedges

Ping Sigma2 41 inch putter

Titleist D2 driver, 904 / 908 3 and 5 wood 

Definitely, l'd keep the mid/short irons; the others I can eliminate or work-arohnd

Driver:    :callaway-logo-1:  Big Bertha. 2023. A-Light. 12.0’

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1:  Big Bertha. 2023. A-Light. 16.0’

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1:  Big Bertha. 2023. A-Light. 21.0’ Heavenwood

Irons:      :callaway-logo-1:  Big Bertha. 2023. A-Light. 6-7-8-9-PW-AW.

Wedge:    :cleveland-small: CBX-Zipcore. Wedge. 50’

Wedge:     :cleveland-small: CBX-Zipcore. Wedge. 54’

Putter:        :taylormade-small:Spider. Tour III

On 5/19/2021 at 8:46 AM, jlukes said:

My 3 wood. My G410LST 3W has shown me why so many PGA Tour players rarely change their 3W. 

Once you find the one you can trust off the tee and the deck you should never let it go.  I have that in the G410LST. Confidence every time I look down at it 

The 3W is the club I’m most worried about going into CC5

I have to agree, my F9 with a Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue regular flex seems to be the perfect balance for me. Never was any good at hitting a 3 wood off the deck, until now.

Cobra F9 driver and 3 wood, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue regular flex 60 shafts in both. PXG 5 wood, Diamana S+ regular flex 60 shaft. Ben Hogan 4-PW irons, regular flex Recoil shafts, 70g. Ben Hogan Equalizer wedges, 48, 52, and 56 degrees, Recoil shafts. Scotty Cameron Futura 5S putter. Ping Pioneer bag. Garmin G80 range finder. Maxfli tour golf balls.