TESTERS WANTED! ×

Dewiz…….Anybody used this?

http://www.dewizgolf.com/

Has anyone seen or used this device?

2CFA5A1E-12F7-4E3E-AC8F-C699856A86E7.jpeg

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Never heard of it...could be a good MGS test.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Website said it is endorsed by deschambeau....

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Seems interesting, but I also wonder how it could tell if your cupping or bowing your wrist, and that's just the first thing I thought of.  It seems to have a lot professional backing, but of course they probably paid them to say something nice.  I used one of those ZIP (ZEP...something like that) things in the past, that attaches to your glove and seems to have a similar interface to this product.  However, I never got fully invested in the ZIP...I think it's somewhere in my closet.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

I just saw Lydia Ko posting a out it today and was wondering the same thing.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Thanks for the heads-up. Interesting device. I have never used one, but from the videos I'm pretty sure I know what it is. I have been involved in the development of several training aids, so I think I know what's going on.

What it is: There is a 6DOF inertial sensor in the "watch" on your wrist, along with some sort of electrode or, more likely, vibrator (piezoelectric transducer would be my guess). There is a two-way wireless link (probably Bluetooth, but maybe WiFi or some other wireless technology) to an app in your smart phone. The app does the math of inertial navigation to tell where the device is -- both position and attitude -- throughout the swing. The app has a GUI to set up the mode and to report results. (Note: "attitude" is navigation-speak for "the direction where it is pointing".)

What it can do: Everything in the videos (swing plane, length of backswing, transition, tempo) all seem well within the reach of the technology. It is less ambitious than some other products (e.g.- SkyPro or SwingByte) in that regard. It can measure and report anything that depends on the position and attitude of the forearm just above the wrist joint. That includes pronation/supination, but not flexion/extension nor radial/ulnar deviation. That brings us to...

What it can't do: I just cited flexion/extension and radial/ulnar as things it can't do. That would take something like Hackmotion to tease out those wrist motions. It also doesn't know where the club itself is pointing. So it would not be able to diagnose casting, track lag or clubhead speed and direction, detect ungrip/regrip at the top, or anything else that the club does outboard of the forearm.

It would be nice if someone technical from DeWiz could tell us their story instead of my having to play Sherlock Holmes. But please, someone technical, prepared to talk technical! Not a glorified sales pitch, which is what the videos are.

• 4 months later...

I've just purchased it, have only used in once so far.

It only tracks hand plane and not club plane. 

Not too sure what to set all of the feed back limits to at the moment.

Would be good if there were examples of pro's swings or example swings to gauge what I should be trying to achive.

Will update once I've had a chance to use it a bit more.

Is it me or does Bryson endorse everything?

Driver: Cobra Aerojet 9* Ventus Red 5S shaft

3W: Cobra Aerojet Max 

Cobra LTDx 3H-5H

7-PW Callaway Rogue ST Max Elevate 85 steel shafts

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX zipcore steel 46*, 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Rossie

Ball:  Titleist ProV1 or AVX

I have written on this subject many times over the past. Our company attempted to develop a similar product a few years ago but due to lack of funding put our efforts on hold. It takes a lot of capital to get to the finish line and frankly as long inventions like deWiz fall short well sit back and wait for an angel. Most inventors look for the Holy Grail and key secret to helping golfers attain a correct golf swing. They look for an inexpensive solution first thinking cost is the barrier they fight. The real barrier however is getting a solution that actually works. Getting to the moon not only took innovation but required getting the astronauts back. Golf gizmos universally fail because they are too cheap not too expensive. Inventors figure their idea won’t succeed unless they can market them for some arbitrary low dollar cost. Some can perform X but can’t do Y. Some give you data but most golfers are left to transfigure that data into action. Our idea is very simple but requires complex computing. I’ll leave it at that. Inventions to this point just don’t satisfy the learner because they require too much effort and don’t give the true feedback the golfer needs. Until that’s answered golf will continue to be a complex learning process that either the “gifted” seize or the patient earn over time. And BTW devices requiring physical restraints are temporary fixes. True learning Kinesiologists expertly relate comes from training the brain not the physical pieces parts. 

It has a 30 day return policy, no questions asked. With this I’m hopeful that I won’t waste swings practicing the wrong thing, not that it will correct it but help me identify it. As it stands I have to go to video and I’m too lazy to do that after every shot, every 10 shots even. So what happens? I think I have it right and I’m not bumping into any training aids, falsely making me think I have it right, only to watch the video and see nope, don’t have it right. Just spent half hour practicing the wrong move, for the 100th time. I’ll try it for 30 days. If it doesn’t prove useful (make my practice more efficient) I’ll send it back. 

Shanks for short. Waggles for friends only. 

I purchased deWiz a few weeks ago and took a lesson while using it. My instructor hadn't heard of it prior to me ordering the deWiz. We both thought it would make for a good experiment, given the companies return policy. We found the tempo setting that is designed to keep you on plane helped me during our lesson. I have used it at the range about 3 other times and find it helps. I will probably keep it. 

Hope this helps

Mine came in today. I got to play around with it for a bit. First reaction: I’ll be keeping it. Already starting to get a better feel for what’s on plane. I’ll use it a lot over the next thirty days and report back. 

Seems it may be complex to set up?

Alerts are biomechanical?  Do they actually tell you that you are over or under plane?

Tempo - does it zap you when you are off tempo? Lol

App - does it produce maps of issues and suggest correction drills?

Having a hard time telling what it actually does!

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

Ping Putter w/ modified grip

image.png

Setup is pretty easy. They do a good job with onboarding emails ahead of device delivery. 

I’ve only tested it out for transition. Here’s what I can tell you:

The number tells you If you were above or below the point where you stopped your backswing when you start your downswing. 

You set a parameter. If you go outside that parameter, the buzz is instant. This is useful for me because it’s helping me associate the feel with the outcome. Without it, I know that I went over the top but I don’t know how I got there. With this, I’m told the exact moment I do that move. I’ve only been using it a few days but I’m finding it better feedback than anything else I have (alignment stick, launch monitor, etc). When I watch back my video of my swings, more of them are on or below plane now than which would suggest it’s helping me practice correctly  

That said, you can “game” it by taking an outside and up backswing to ensure that you’re below that plane on the downswing. So I’ve put a lot of effort into making sure my backswing is on plane because I don’t want to game it. I want to know that I’m not over the top. 

What others have said about club face etc are true. This won’t tell you if you made a good swing, it will tell you if you stayed within your parameters for the thing you are measuring. For me, that’s enough. I hope they continue to add features but I’m pretty happy with it as is. 

As far as the shocks go, there are 5 levels. I find level 3 is enough to alert me to the swing fault and motivating enough to tell my brain to try to avoid it by staying below. It doesn’t hurt it does give me a start though. 

That was a great summary!  Sounds like if you feel your broader swing is close to on plane and square but you need 'tuning' to optimize and shape this is a great choice.

I dont like the thought of getting zapped - perhaps that is my own confidence.  I do come out during transition at times and it is my number 1 distance robber!

Does it have a video app or are you using something in addition that you already had?

I may give this a try, price not great but it may be exactly what I need.

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

image.png

On 10/8/2021 at 12:01 PM, ONGIR said:

I purchased deWiz a few weeks ago and took a lesson while using it. My instructor hadn't heard of it prior to me ordering the deWiz. We both thought it would make for a good experiment, given the companies return policy. We found the tempo setting that is designed to keep you on plane helped me during our lesson. I have used it at the range about 3 other times and find it helps. I will probably keep it. 

Hope this helps

Please keep us informed of the app, the watch, your challenges and even coach thoughts on your progress.  Very helpful!

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

image.png

7 hours ago, billpierce said:

I did see it on Ebay, wonder if you made an offer if the price could be brought down!

I bought it on ebay for 629 versus 699 so slight discount but I had to make an offer of 415 british pounds not pay now button!

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

image.png

Dewiz did warn me about a counterfeit device that was sold outside of their process.  With that knowledge, I recommend people go straight to their website to purchase.  I told Dewiz to post on here as well. Just a warning to be careful!

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

image.png

So I’ve been using the device daily (I am able to practice in my backyard on top of trips to the range). Here’s what I can share with you after about 10 days of consistent use. My swing is changing, for the better. Most noticeably my tempo on the backswing has slowed down. This isn’t because I’m using the tempo training. I’m using the transition training to work on correcting my over the top. I’ve had to slow down to avoid the zap. When I started, my benchmark was a positive number (over the top). I’ve improved that so much that now I have the learning stimuli kick in when I’m -.01 so even when I’m corrected, I’m still not over the top. This has resulted in smaller misses. Judging from my scores and ball flights this weekend it has transferred to the course as well. 

Another way to look at it is the picture I put of my last session. I took 36 swings. 30 were on plane or under. Never before when I practiced would I get so many good swings. So, this is helping me practice correctly and that, I believe, is speeding up my progress.

Someone asked if it has a video app. No but it does announce the metric you’re working on. What I do is open the app and get training going then open my camera app. I record my swings normally and it still announces the metric and zaps if I missed. So no it doesn’t have a camera app but you can use your camera app and the DeWiz app at the same time. At least this works for me on iPhone. 

TL;DR my swing is improving. I’ll report back again in a few weeks. Sharing my numbers below  69B13EB2-4FB7-4AAB-9EFF-E64182D62089.png.d5d685fb3746c11bb96e136f39b24351.pngC8706C68-014F-43B8-98D7-23252EB994BD.png.ed05c680addd683ed2679448fb6dc0fd.png

4F4965CE-4775-4454-9987-0A515B2CC34A.png

Edited by ShankingtonWagglesworth

I received the watch today. Easy to set up and take some practice swings. I just followed the quickstart guidance.  I then went to specific practice to change my transition and after 3 bad swings, some adjustment and then 2 bad I hit 6 good swings in a row using the feedback.  I set the level to 1 and that all I need lol!  The talking feature is nice as well, as it informs you based upon the parameters set to practice. 

I still need to learn my numbers and tighten the parameters but day 1 practice session 1 a success...

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

image.png

On 10/22/2021 at 4:13 PM, billpierce said:

I received the watch today. Easy to set up and take some practice swings. I just followed the quickstart guidance.  I then went to specific practice to change my transition and after 3 bad swings, some adjustment and then 2 bad I hit 6 good swings in a row using the feedback.  I set the level to 1 and that all I need lol!  The talking feature is nice as well, as it informs you based upon the parameters set to practice. 

I still need to learn my numbers and tighten the parameters but day 1 practice session 1 a success...

Just heard about this device while listening to Mark Immelman’s podcast with one of the founders. There’s really not much information just yet but these comments you guys have posted here are quite informative. I’d like to know if anyone has more experience with the last part of Bill Pierce’s comment, specifically, with regard to setting and using the parameters.

I just ordered it today after hearing about it  on the "On the Mark" podcast. The founder was on there and gave a much better run down than I can summarize here. However the more notable things not yet mentioned which I found useful in my decision are:

• the app has a demo mode that will let you see exactly what it does
  • there is a distWedge feature that tells you your backswing length to help you dial in the feel of partial shots. I wish it did it in degrees or a clock like the Pelz system, but it does it in inches. 
  • the podcast has a pretty nice discount code

With the 30 day trial, I think it's worth a try to help me shallow out my swing. 

DeWiz is to send me guidance on the parameters and where/how to leverage them to the best outcome.  Some of it, you can take too far - for transition I was getting to -2 inches and above which when I asked was not recommended.  Here I was thinking the inside to out and potential lag that went with better slot drop would be progress but current guidance from them in more of a single plane or neutral transition measurement.

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

image.png

8 hours ago, John Bachman said:

I wouldn’t use one just because I can’t stand wearing any kind of wrist watch or device. 

I agree with you.

I'm not sure that you (or I) couldn't get more out of videoing your (or my) swing? 

I got a bag full of Cobras.... Well, not the putter... yet.