TESTERS WANTED! ×

Dewiz…….Anybody used this?

I am not a watch person and it is relatively comfortable and you only need to wear it for the session.  It is not a fully functioning watch 🙂

Regarding video - the feedback of the device is biometric/feedback on your wrist to help 'feel' to "real" where a video (having used golftec for years) would not accomplish.

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

Ping Putter w/ modified grip

image.png

Hi everyone!

Great discussions about our product, and we are here to help.

First some boring stuff. We would like to send a warning about ordering our product off any other site or outlet than our own official website. We do not have any resellers, but have had a couple devices stolen, and we see these appearing on eBay. These devices will not work, as we have remotely turned of the access to the software for these devices (for those few individuals that have been unlucky to make a purchase so far, we are in dialogue and will ensure they will not be without a functioning device).

By ordering from our website you will have the full manufacturers warranty, product support, customer service and all the goodies that come with being part of the deWiz community such as exclusive webinars and insights - which does not apply if purchasing from a non-authorized reseller.

Also, as a thanks for you guys being a true community of early adopters we would like to celebrate with offering a $100 discount. Please visit this link and the discount will automatically be added in the checkout when making a purchasehttps://dewizgolf.com/discount/MGS100

Now to the fun stuff

We believe there are a couple of things that is really revolutionary with our product. First of all the accurate and instant real-time data of your swing. This is important because of many things, one of the main being that it enables the Learning Stimuli(TM) to give instant feedback as the unwanted motoric movement is happening. This is based in neurophysiology and the science of modification of motor behavior (we have worked with leading neuroscientists on this) - by receiving the stimuli instantly as the unwanted motor behavior is happening you will teach your brain and muscles a lot faster. To see your faulty movement on video will not give the same effect as instantly getting feedback on your wrist when the movement is happening. 

(here is the onboarding video with Alex Bennett just giving a short intro to this. This is a genuine first impression of deWiz as Alex had not before tried the product or met with us. In this video he is using the learning stimuli to try to learn how to achieve a 39" backswing)

We always recommend that you take some time to really learn your numbers when starting. The data you find today is your tempo, start to impact and pause, transition, length of backswing, max hand speed, distance to impact, max backswing width and backswing plane. Start swinging and find out what your numbers are.

Once you know your numbers, you can start changing things. For me personally, my main issues has always been slicing and tempo. So I have been working a lot on transition and tempo with deWiz. It was obvious where my slice problem came from, my over-the-top swing. Seeing my actual numbers, setting the numbers I wanted to achieve and being able to get a slight buzz on my wrist every time if was in the unwanted zone really helped me correct that part of my swing. If I am not wearing the device I still get a pavlovian "ghost" buzz on my wrist when I come in over-the-top.

My tempo was 2:1 when first using deWiz, which probably explains why I could be all over the place with my shots at times. I am at a steady 2.4:1 now and my shots are a lot more consistent than before. I don't know if I will ever reach 3:1, and it doesn't matter as that might not even be my ideal tempo. I am starting to think 2.4:1 is my ideal tempo, and I feel a lot more confident now being able to experiment and see actual data. By the way, Annika has around a 2.5:1 tempo.

As the product is new, we launched it this summer, we are constantly working on improvement, new features and insights based on the data being collected. We have videos on our youtube channel explaining what the current features are and how you can improve your swing by knowing your numbers. We also recommend following our instagram or youtube channel as we are going to post more content and tutorials on how to get the most out of your deWiz and insights we find from all the millions of swings registered. 

There is no cookie cutter perfect swing. You have your swing and the elements of that swing you want to improve, that's why it's so important that you learn YOUR numbers.

With this short introduction we just wanted to say hi to everyone and let you know that we are here and happy to help if you have any questions. 

Edited by deWiz Golf

Improve your game FAST

This is great news for the MGS community!

I started at.2.2 to 2.4 tempo and now have hit as high as 2.8 in just a couple of weeks. The feedback really helps me as the 'feel' is always different than reality.

As one of the ordering people off Ebay, yes fair warning as my device did not function properly. I recommend to use the main DeWiz website.

As I lengthen my backswing trying for 48", I see my hand-speed drop, it will be fun to compare numbers with other MGS users. I also suggest Dewiz use MGS to trial the devices as you try to reach a large community. Perhaps talk to the MGS team on that!

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

image.png

Hi everyone,

We had a webinar this Saturday with our co-founder and CTO Markus Westerberg doing a short demo of the app and device, and then diving deeper into some of the numbers and functions surrounding the length of backswing feature and learn why Bryson hits longer than Markus, even though they have similar max hand speed.

Improve your game FAST

On 5/20/2021 at 3:24 PM, Dave Tutelman said:

Thanks for the heads-up. Interesting device. I have never used one, but from the videos I'm pretty sure I know what it is. I have been involved in the development of several training aids, so I think I know what's going on.

What it is: There is a 6DOF inertial sensor in the "watch" on your wrist, along with some sort of electrode or, more likely, vibrator (piezoelectric transducer would be my guess). There is a two-way wireless link (probably Bluetooth, but maybe WiFi or some other wireless technology) to an app in your smart phone. The app does the math of inertial navigation to tell where the device is -- both position and attitude -- throughout the swing. The app has a GUI to set up the mode and to report results. (Note: "attitude" is navigation-speak for "the direction where it is pointing".)

What it can do: Everything in the videos (swing plane, length of backswing, transition, tempo) all seem well within the reach of the technology. It is less ambitious than some other products (e.g.- SkyPro or SwingByte) in that regard. It can measure and report anything that depends on the position and attitude of the forearm just above the wrist joint. That includes pronation/supination, but not flexion/extension nor radial/ulnar deviation. That brings us to...

What it can't do: I just cited flexion/extension and radial/ulnar as things it can't do. That would take something like Hackmotion to tease out those wrist motions. It also doesn't know where the club itself is pointing. So it would not be able to diagnose casting, track lag or clubhead speed and direction, detect ungrip/regrip at the top, or anything else that the club does outboard of the forearm.

It would be nice if someone technical from DeWiz could tell us their story instead of my having to play Sherlock Holmes. But please, someone technical, prepared to talk technical! Not a glorified sales pitch, which is what the videos are.

There’s a really description and overview on Mark Immelman’s podcast “On the Mark.”  I too am interested in this kind of device. It seems like it’s biofeedback, training your body and brain (specifically your hands to go specific distances in space) through feedback (sound and vibration). I believe Mark has a really good discount code as well. But as I recall, the next podcast had a correction to the DeWiz code so don’t be discouraged if you have trouble with the code. I’m sure if email them they’ll straighten it out.

I have attended one of there events on Facebook and now see how the transition numbers and length of backswing and hand speed all work together. I have reduced my over the top to - 1 to 2 inch under plane and lengthened my backswing by four inches. This caused a gain of 17 yards on driver hit!

A5C05171-8EC9-45A0-AF52-9FB3442376FC.png

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

image.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I went ahead and purchased one of these. My first reaction was that this device is overpriced but maybe I'm wrong about that.

I've had a constant problem of having too long of a backswing. I've been looking for something to help with shortening it. I've tried a lot of practice techniques, worked on the issue with instructor/lessons, and tried various training aids. I've made more progress in shortening my backswing in 3 days with the Dewiz than I've made in the past 3 years with everything else. So far, the results are great.

The other thing it's helped me with is my swing plane and transition. I didn't expect it to be this helpful with swing plane. It gives you good feedback on how vertical/horizontal your swing plane is. 

I haven't found a way to incorporate the tempo options into what I'm doing but maybe I'll find a way to use those features.

I would say that if you're looking to get your backswing more uniform - and you can stomach the cost - this is an excellent device. 

Driver - Krank F11

Hybrids - Callaway Big Bertha 3 & 5

Irons - TaylorMade SIM2 5-PW

Wedges - SmithWorks Elite 48, 54, 60

Putter - Edel Golf 5.0

• 3 weeks later...

Being able to measure the length of backswing in actual length of swingpath enables you to get a more precise consistency in your short game. By controlling the length of your backswing you can dial in on your wedge distances as we can see a direct linearity between the LoB and the carry length.

Below is data from a former European Tour player, and while the output data has been accessible for a while, now you can also get the input data from your swing. 

image.png.0d5e2644ebcdde5acccd9576c566a9ef.png

Edited by deWiz Golf
Forgot to add media

Improve your game FAST

12 minutes ago, deWiz Golf said:

Being able to measure the length of backswing in actual length of swingpath enables you to get a more precise consistency in your short game. By controlling the length of your backswing you can dial in on your wedge distances as we can see a direct linearity between the LoB and the carry length.

Below is data from a former European Tour player, and while the output data has been accessible for a while, now you can also get the input data from your swing. 

image.png.0d5e2644ebcdde5acccd9576c566a9ef.png

since this popped up on my unread list I figured I would give the thread a read.  Nice to have the company represented, but many of the posts seem to be from posters that have only posted in this thread…seems a bit suspicious but ok.  

looked at you website and curious how an amateur can determine what numbers they should have.  How does it help with a bad swing mechanics vs bad tempo/swing length?  Why should I ask an amateur invest $700 into this product; do I need a coach to use it?  Looking at the site, I’d say this a device for coaches and/or pros.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

since this popped up on my unread list I figured I would give the thread a read.  Nice to have the company represented, but many of the posts seem to be from posters that have only posted in this thread…seems a bit suspicious but ok.  

looked at you website and curious how an amateur can determine what numbers they should have.  How does it help with a bad swing mechanics vs bad tempo/swing length?  Why should I ask an amateur invest $700 into this product; do I need a coach to use it?  Looking at the site, I’d say this a device for coaches and/or pros.   

Hi cnosil,

We only have one account here and this is the only account we are posting from.

Hopefully you'll receive responses from users who can tell their story on how they are using deWiz in their training. We see deWiz users finding value in connecting the deWiz numbers to how they swing when they hit it well, i.e., how long is the swing, what tempo is it and so on. By knowing your numbers you also have a tangible reference point. A great example is deWiz wedges as it puts a number to any wedge swing so you know how long your 9 o´clock is and you don't need guess any more.

Another feature with the product we see being appreciated is the portability and easy of use that allow users to compare numbers between practice and on course play and learn how their swings differ.

There is a lot of new features in development, and you can follow us on social media to get tutorials and insights on how to use deWiz.

As we still are quite new to the market, it takes a little time to generate enough users and reviews but they are starting to come. 
https://www.independentgolfreviews.com/dewiz-swing-modifier-training-aid-review/

image.png

Improve your game FAST

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2022 at 2:58 PM, deWiz Golf said:

Hi cnosil,

We only have one account here and this is the only account we are posting from.

Hopefully you'll receive responses from users who can tell their story on how they are using deWiz in their training. We see deWiz users finding value in connecting the deWiz numbers to how they swing when they hit it well, i.e., how long is the swing, what tempo is it and so on. By knowing your numbers you also have a tangible reference point. A great example is deWiz wedges as it puts a number to any wedge swing so you know how long your 9 o´clock is and you don't need guess any more.

Another feature with the product we see being appreciated is the portability and easy of use that allow users to compare numbers between practice and on course play and learn how their swings differ.

There is a lot of new features in development, and you can follow us on social media to get tutorials and insights on how to use deWiz.

As we still are quite new to the market, it takes a little time to generate enough users and reviews but they are starting to come. 
https://www.independentgolfreviews.com/dewiz-swing-modifier-training-aid-review/

image.png

Product sounds interesting and 15 years ago I had a Sunto watch for clocking club speed so things have progressed. Can a user establish swing "baselines" for the dewiz to metric against or is it merely capturing wrist location data from the current swing only? Will dewiz provide the angles of a swing plane backswing v through swing? Will dewiz provide data in a vertical plane such as at start of downswing as the hands should start down essentially vertically or through impact as the lead arm begins to elevate into the followthrough? Regarding hand speed, does dewiz have the capability to provide data for a specified location in the swing?  (i.e. Is it a user decision to view their hand speed 1/2 way down or 1/4 of the way down, etc? I may have missed this but will dewiz capture arm / forearm rotation? All the questions I have at the moment without actually seeing dewiz person but sounds like a useful tool. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2022 at 12:51 AM, RD McAvoy said:

Product sounds interesting and 15 years ago I had a Sunto watch for clocking club speed so things have progressed. Can a user establish swing "baselines" for the dewiz to metric against or is it merely capturing wrist location data from the current swing only? Will dewiz provide the angles of a swing plane backswing v through swing? Will dewiz provide data in a vertical plane such as at start of downswing as the hands should start down essentially vertically or through impact as the lead arm begins to elevate into the followthrough? Regarding hand speed, does dewiz have the capability to provide data for a specified location in the swing?  (i.e. Is it a user decision to view their hand speed 1/2 way down or 1/4 of the way down, etc? I may have missed this but will dewiz capture arm / forearm rotation? All the questions I have at the moment without actually seeing dewiz person but sounds like a useful tool. Thanks!

Hi RD McCoy, thank you for the questions and I’ll do my best to answer all of them for you! A user captures their “baselines” through Discovery mode which will simply give you your numbers and data without any of the Learning Stimuli feedback. You can star or “favorite” good swings to be go back and compare between good swings and bad swings to see where you need to improve. Once you get an understanding of your numbers, you can activate the Learning Stimuli within the various Practice Modes to reaffirm the swing changes you're looking to implement!

deWiz will give you the plane of your swing, and by looking at the avatar and the trace lines of the swing, you’ll be able to see where you are at every point of your swing.

Regarding hand speed, there is a hand speed curve below the avatar that you can scroll through and see your hand speed at every point in the swing. And in terms of the arm/forearm rotation, this is in the works and should be available for users in the near future.

Hope this helps!

Improve your game FAST

• 3 weeks later...

Definately not a 3 to 5 day delivery window.... took 1 week for the website currency issue to be fixed, placed an order and 14 days now and my package is stuck at fed ex for the past 3 days as dewiz has not payed the vat as advertised when purchasing.....  

On 4/6/2022 at 4:24 AM, Mrpowerssa said:

Definately not a 3 to 5 day delivery window.... took 1 week for the website currency issue to be fixed, placed an order and 14 days now and my package is stuck at fed ex for the past 3 days as dewiz has not payed the vat as advertised when purchasing.....  

To follow up on @Mrpowerssa note, the VAT is always paid by deWiz, and this issue was ultimately resolved. There was a misunderstanding with the courier as we continue to expand into new global markets. We deeply apologize for this inconvenience and as always, if you have any questions or issues, please reach out to support@dewizgolf.com.

Thanks everyone! 

Improve your game FAST

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I received my DeWiz the other day and just had an opportunity to try it out in my indoor range. It is fantastic. I was surprised to learn that my Tempo (w driver and 8I) was consistently 2.9:1 (+-.2). My transition is consistentently in the 3-4 range; which matches up with my fade off the Driver - will work on getting it in the 2-3 range. Transition with 8I is in the 2-3 range, with time hope to get it to 1-2. LOB w driver was 50-54 inches. At 76yo; not sure I can get that higher. I am ecstatic to have the DeWiz for practice in my indoor range. I will be able to re-inforce the good numbers while I try to improve in other areas. Tomorrow I will be taking it to the course with me; playing alone so I'll have it talking to me. The only concern I have is if it will time out between shots.

• 4 months later...
On 4/23/2022 at 5:28 PM, knnth.prnc said:

Ok I received my DeWiz the other day and just had an opportunity to try it out in my indoor range. It is fantastic. I was surprised to learn that my Tempo (w driver and 8I) was consistently 2.9:1 (+-.2). My transition is consistentently in the 3-4 range; which matches up with my fade off the Driver - will work on getting it in the 2-3 range. Transition with 8I is in the 2-3 range, with time hope to get it to 1-2. LOB w driver was 50-54 inches. At 76yo; not sure I can get that higher. I am ecstatic to have the DeWiz for practice in my indoor range. I will be able to re-inforce the good numbers while I try to improve in other areas. Tomorrow I will be taking it to the course with me; playing alone so I'll have it talking to me. The only concern I have is if it will time out between shots.

ive been doing looking into bying a tool to help me with my tempo. i struggle in the fairway and the rough with my irons and hybrids. ive seen a few different options out there but its hard for me to beleve they really work that well. 

have you been seeing improvments in your game?

• 4 weeks later...

I am seriously thinking about getting one of these but it really doesn't check an awful lot - just length of backswing, over/under transition which is useful, and tempo.  I have a Voice Caddie T9 watch that has an excellent Tempo tracking, on the course and on the range.

The DeWiz doesn't know if the club face is open or closed (I think) or if you are scooping.  It knows your plane angle but doesn't have the ability to shock you if you're not at the plane angle you want (I think).  I don't see a lot of value in the "dialing in your wedges" aspect, there's just so many other factors like wind, lie, slope.  I want a DeWiz but am having a hard time justifying it.  It might be able to teach me to hit fade, straight or draw at will and that would be neat.  I hit straight or draw or hook now, or push right when I forget to keep my wrist straight/flat.  But that hook or push is more of a wrist fault which DeWiz is not aware of (I think).

Please, someone give me a reason to buy! 😅

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2022 at 12:42 PM, OceanSands said:

I am seriously thinking about getting one of these but it really doesn't check an awful lot - just length of backswing, over/under transition which is useful, and tempo.  I have a Voice Caddie T9 watch that has an excellent Tempo tracking, on the course and on the range.

The DeWiz doesn't know if the club face is open or closed (I think) or if you are scooping.  It knows your plane angle but doesn't have the ability to shock you if you're not at the plane angle you want (I think).  I don't see a lot of value in the "dialing in your wedges" aspect, there's just so many other factors like wind, lie, slope.  I want a DeWiz but am having a hard time justifying it.  It might be able to teach me to hit fade, straight or draw at will and that would be neat.  I hit straight or draw or hook now, or push right when I forget to keep my wrist straight/flat.  But that hook or push is more of a wrist fault which DeWiz is not aware of (I think).

Please, someone give me a reason to buy! 😅

Hi @OceanSands, my name is Matt with deWiz Golf. Enjoying all of the discussion about our platform and wanted to chime in here with some answers to your questions as well as providing the group with some really interesting new updates on deWiz.

You are correct that deWiz will not highlight whether your club face is open or closed, however we do find a lot of correlation between our Transition measurement and club path. So you mentioned that you play a draw with an occasional tendency to hook the ball, we would look at your Transition measurement after 15-20 swings and see where the changes come when you hit a straight shot compared to that hook. In terms of the distance control with wedges, while yes you are correct that there are a lot of variables that come into play, we find that many of our users (especially higher level players that are able to pair deWiz with some sort of launch monitor) are able to find great value in mastering three different swing lengths and finding the stock yardages for each of those swing lengths with each of their wedges. And then when they are out on the course, they can make their adjustments from there based on slope, wind, hazards etc.

Speaking of "on-course", we're excited to announce that deWiz has been put in play the last two weeks for the first time in a men's PGA sanctioned event. Vijay Singh used a deWiz at the PGA Tour Champions Furyk and Friends tournament two weekend's ago in Jacksonville and this past weekend, Notah Begay sported one at the SAS Championship in Cary, N.C. I've linked an article below from with some of our data findings and more in-depth detail on why it's allowed to be used in tournament competition, but for an overview, we are currently in development of a "tournament mode" function within the deWiz platform where the device and app go into a form of "stealth mode". You receive no feedback and the data is not accessible until after the round (thus making it permissible by the Rules of Golf). This allows players to then go back and look at various swings they made throughout the round to see where things may have gone wrong, or how consistent they were in their wedge game, etc.

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2022/10/13/vijay-singh-dewiz-wearable-apps-pga-tour-champions/

I will note that this mode is still in development and there are things that still need to be tweaked before it's unveiled to the larger user base, but once released, it will just be a part of the already existing device and app at no additional costs to users.

I'm happy to answer any additional questions that this group may have about deWiz!

Thank you Matt for the response and info.  Good article in the link too.  I do know that my range swing and my course swing can be drastically different with the results obvious but the cause much less obvious.  So, the fact that deWiz is not obtrusive, not even noticeable really, could be a GPS watch, is a bonus that might help track down the differences.

I am going to get one, thank you for the 50% discount (just kidding 😁 ).  I'm not sure how easy it will be to track down a particular shot, after the game.  For instance, if I hit a stinker 3rd shot on the 10th hole, will I be able to find that exact swing after I am finished, with the current software?

Thanks again

18 hours ago, OceanSands said:

Thank you Matt for the response and info.  Good article in the link too.  I do know that my range swing and my course swing can be drastically different with the results obvious but the cause much less obvious.  So, the fact that deWiz is not obtrusive, not even noticeable really, could be a GPS watch, is a bonus that might help track down the differences.

I am going to get one, thank you for the 50% discount (just kidding 😁 ).  I'm not sure how easy it will be to track down a particular shot, after the game.  For instance, if I hit a stinker 3rd shot on the 10th hole, will I be able to find that exact swing after I am finished, with the current software?

Thanks again

Yeah, good question! As I mentioned, the on-course "Tournament Mode" used by Vijay and Notah the last two weeks is not currently available in the current software. So, if you were playing in an official tournament governed by the typical Rules of Golf, you wouldn't (yet) be able to use deWiz. But in your regular weekend game or typical round of golf you would just set deWiz in "Discovery" mode as you would on the range and play your typical game. In the case of your question where you hit a bad shot and want to look at the data, assuming you have your phone accessible, you would simply be able to look at that swing right away and see what happened. If for whatever reason you don't have your phone accessible, or just don't have time to look, every swing is timestamped, so if you have a general idea of when it was you hit the shot you want to explore, you can just look up the timestamp afterwards in the session history.

45 minutes ago, deWiz Matt said:

But in your regular weekend game or typical round of golf you would just set deWiz in "Discovery" mode as you would on the range and play your typical game. In the case of your question where you hit a bad shot and want to look at the data, assuming you have your phone accessible, you would simply be able to look at that swing right away and see what happened

For those who'd like to understand the Rules around this type of thing, they should refer to 4.3a(3) which discusses  Information Gathered Before or During Round.  In essence, you can gather just about any information you like.  You are NOT allowed to use "any physiological information recorded during the round," which is what I gather covers the data that this device records.  Many of us do our best to play by all of the Rules of Golf even in our casual games.  As long as you don't look at the data collected during your round, and you disable any "feedback", you haven't violated the Rule.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I was looking at the website and can't really figure out if you can you see several data points for the same swing, or do you only get transition data from the transition feature, and length of swing data on the length of swing feature? 

Edited by 404yds
spelling error

My longest drive recorded on course is 404 yards.

I did the Full Swing practice with a 7 iron, I will show my numbers - You get an

transition 3 cm

Backswing plane 72*

LOB 120cm

tempo 2.7:1 backswing 1.01s downswing .38s , start to impact 1.39s Pause 0.09s

Max hand speed 13.3mph Distance to impact 12 cm

Max Backswing Width 53cm

On 10/28/2022 at 9:05 AM, 404yds said:

Thank you! Which mode is the Full Swing practice? Do you get the same swing data in the other modes too?

Good questions 404... you get all of the same data regardless of what mode your are working in. The idea is that "Discovery" mode is where you learn to get an understanding and baseline of your numbers (and in this mode you can select the order that you want each data point listed and what data point you want to receive audio feedback for) and then you use the individual "Length of Backswing", "Tempo" and "Transition" modes to dial in those individual aspects with the Learning Stimuli.

But even if you are in the "Length of Backswing" Practice Mode, you will still receive the Transition, Tempo, Plane, Width, etc. data points.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, so I've ordered one today with a black friday offer. Going to try to improve consistency in my partial swings.

Is there a good video with a tutorial or information on how to use Dewiz with wedges? I downloaded the app and there is something called gears in the wedge mode. How do I know what gear to use?

Edited by 404yds

17 hours ago, 404yds said:

Alright, so I've ordered one today with a black friday offer. Going to try to improve consistency in my partial swings.

Is there a good video with a tutorial or information on how to use Dewiz with wedges? I downloaded the app and there is something called gears in the wedge mode. How do I know what gear to use?

Welcome to deWiz! I'd invite you to checkout our YouTube Page, where we have plenty of tutorial videos and webinars related to the various aspects of deWiz.

In regards to your question about the DistWedge gears, the idea here is to really be able to marry the "FEEL" of your half-swing or 10 o'clock swing or hip-high swing - whatever wedge philosophy you currently - with the "REAL" of whether or not you're in fact taking the club back the same distance each time. The best suggestion would be to start off in Discovery Mode and hit 10 or so full wedge shots and determine take the average Length of Backswing for those 10 swings. This will be your first "gear" in the DistWedges Mode. We find that most people will then set their additional gears at 6-7 inch increments (or about 20 cm). So, if your full wedge is a 42 inch LoB, try setting the the other two gears to 36 and 30 inches. Work on mastering those three LoBs with each of your wedges and watch how quickly your distance control will improve! 

Improve your game FAST

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2022 at 3:08 PM, deWiz Golf said:

Welcome to deWiz! I'd invite you to checkout our YouTube Page, where we have plenty of tutorial videos and webinars related to the various aspects of deWiz.

In regards to your question about the DistWedge gears, the idea here is to really be able to marry the "FEEL" of your half-swing or 10 o'clock swing or hip-high swing - whatever wedge philosophy you currently - with the "REAL" of whether or not you're in fact taking the club back the same distance each time. The best suggestion would be to start off in Discovery Mode and hit 10 or so full wedge shots and determine take the average Length of Backswing for those 10 swings. This will be your first "gear" in the DistWedges Mode. We find that most people will then set their additional gears at 6-7 inch increments (or about 20 cm). So, if your full wedge is a 42 inch LoB, try setting the the other two gears to 36 and 30 inches. Work on mastering those three LoBs with each of your wedges and watch how quickly your distance control will improve! 

I've been working on my wedges for two weeks at the range, and it feels like I'm getting the hang of it. What is a good tolerance level to work with? I have mine set at 1.2 inches and I keep hitting around 70% of my swings within the tolerance. Is this good? Do you have numbers for elite players?

On 12/15/2022 at 7:32 AM, 404yds said:

I've been working on my wedges for two weeks at the range, and it feels like I'm getting the hang of it. What is a good tolerance level to work with? I have mine set at 1.2 inches and I keep hitting around 70% of my swings within the tolerance. Is this good? Do you have numbers for elite players?

Thanks for the follow up question! A 1.2 inch tolerance is a really good spot to live within the DistWedges Mode and as you get more and more familiar with your backswing lengths, you can work on maybe setting that tolerance even lower! I would probably suggest not shrinking the tolerance threshold until you're hitting the mark 80+% of the time. What we find with higher level players is not only is the variance in hitting the desired backswing length lower, but they also have multiple backswing lengths that they are capable of producing on command - whereas higher handicap players may just work on one or two different swing lengths.

Improve your game FAST