Dewiz…….Anybody used this?

So I’ve been using the device daily (I am able to practice in my backyard on top of trips to the range). Here’s what I can share with you after about 10 days of consistent use. My swing is changing, for the better. Most noticeably my tempo on the backswing has slowed down. This isn’t because I’m using the tempo training. I’m using the transition training to work on correcting my over the top. I’ve had to slow down to avoid the zap. When I started, my benchmark was a positive number (over the top). I’ve improved that so much that now I have the learning stimuli kick in when I’m -.01 so even when I’m corrected, I’m still not over the top. This has resulted in smaller misses. Judging from my scores and ball flights this weekend it has transferred to the course as well. 

Another way to look at it is the picture I put of my last session. I took 36 swings. 30 were on plane or under. Never before when I practiced would I get so many good swings. So, this is helping me practice correctly and that, I believe, is speeding up my progress.

Someone asked if it has a video app. No but it does announce the metric you’re working on. What I do is open the app and get training going then open my camera app. I record my swings normally and it still announces the metric and zaps if I missed. So no it doesn’t have a camera app but you can use your camera app and the DeWiz app at the same time. At least this works for me on iPhone. 

TL;DR my swing is improving. I’ll report back again in a few weeks. Sharing my numbers below  69B13EB2-4FB7-4AAB-9EFF-E64182D62089.png.d5d685fb3746c11bb96e136f39b24351.pngC8706C68-014F-43B8-98D7-23252EB994BD.png.ed05c680addd683ed2679448fb6dc0fd.png

4F4965CE-4775-4454-9987-0A515B2CC34A.png

Edited by ShankingtonWagglesworth
  • Like 2

Shanks for short. Waggles for friends only. 

I received the watch today. Easy to set up and take some practice swings. I just followed the quickstart guidance.  I then went to specific practice to change my transition and after 3 bad swings, some adjustment and then 2 bad I hit 6 good swings in a row using the feedback.  I set the level to 1 and that all I need lol!  The talking feature is nice as well, as it informs you based upon the parameters set to practice. 

I still need to learn my numbers and tighten the parameters but day 1 practice session 1 a success...

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 4:13 PM, billpierce said:

I received the watch today. Easy to set up and take some practice swings. I just followed the quickstart guidance.  I then went to specific practice to change my transition and after 3 bad swings, some adjustment and then 2 bad I hit 6 good swings in a row using the feedback.  I set the level to 1 and that all I need lol!  The talking feature is nice as well, as it informs you based upon the parameters set to practice. 

I still need to learn my numbers and tighten the parameters but day 1 practice session 1 a success...

Just heard about this device while listening to Mark Immelman’s podcast with one of the founders. There’s really not much information just yet but these comments you guys have posted here are quite informative. I’d like to know if anyone has more experience with the last part of Bill Pierce’s comment, specifically, with regard to setting and using the parameters.

• Like 1

I just ordered it today after hearing about it  on the "On the Mark" podcast. The founder was on there and gave a much better run down than I can summarize here. However the more notable things not yet mentioned which I found useful in my decision are:

• the app has a demo mode that will let you see exactly what it does
  • there is a distWedge feature that tells you your backswing length to help you dial in the feel of partial shots. I wish it did it in degrees or a clock like the Pelz system, but it does it in inches. 
  • the podcast has a pretty nice discount code

With the 30 day trial, I think it's worth a try to help me shallow out my swing. 

• Like 1

DeWiz is to send me guidance on the parameters and where/how to leverage them to the best outcome.  Some of it, you can take too far - for transition I was getting to -2 inches and above which when I asked was not recommended.  Here I was thinking the inside to out and potential lag that went with better slot drop would be progress but current guidance from them in more of a single plane or neutral transition measurement.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John Bachman said:

I wouldn’t use one just because I can’t stand wearing any kind of wrist watch or device. 

I agree with you.

I'm not sure that you (or I) couldn't get more out of videoing your (or my) swing? 

• Like 2

I got a bag full of Cobras.... Well, not the putter... yet.

I am not a watch person and it is relatively comfortable and you only need to wear it for the session.  It is not a fully functioning watch 🙂

Regarding video - the feedback of the device is biometric/feedback on your wrist to help 'feel' to "real" where a video (having used golftec for years) would not accomplish.

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

Great discussions about our product, and we are here to help.

First some boring stuff. We would like to send a warning about ordering our product off any other site or outlet than our own official website. We do not have any resellers, but have had a couple devices stolen, and we see these appearing on eBay. These devices will not work, as we have remotely turned of the access to the software for these devices (for those few individuals that have been unlucky to make a purchase so far, we are in dialogue and will ensure they will not be without a functioning device).

By ordering from our website you will have the full manufacturers warranty, product support, customer service and all the goodies that come with being part of the deWiz community such as exclusive webinars and insights - which does not apply if purchasing from a non-authorized reseller.

Also, as a thanks for you guys being a true community of early adopters we would like to celebrate with offering a $100 discount. Please visit this link and the discount will automatically be added in the checkout when making a purchasehttps://dewizgolf.com/discount/MGS100

Now to the fun stuff

We believe there are a couple of things that is really revolutionary with our product. First of all the accurate and instant real-time data of your swing. This is important because of many things, one of the main being that it enables the Learning Stimuli(TM) to give instant feedback as the unwanted motoric movement is happening. This is based in neurophysiology and the science of modification of motor behavior (we have worked with leading neuroscientists on this) - by receiving the stimuli instantly as the unwanted motor behavior is happening you will teach your brain and muscles a lot faster. To see your faulty movement on video will not give the same effect as instantly getting feedback on your wrist when the movement is happening. 

(here is the onboarding video with Alex Bennett just giving a short intro to this. This is a genuine first impression of deWiz as Alex had not before tried the product or met with us. In this video he is using the learning stimuli to try to learn how to achieve a 39" backswing)

We always recommend that you take some time to really learn your numbers when starting. The data you find today is your tempo, start to impact and pause, transition, length of backswing, max hand speed, distance to impact, max backswing width and backswing plane. Start swinging and find out what your numbers are.

Once you know your numbers, you can start changing things. For me personally, my main issues has always been slicing and tempo. So I have been working a lot on transition and tempo with deWiz. It was obvious where my slice problem came from, my over-the-top swing. Seeing my actual numbers, setting the numbers I wanted to achieve and being able to get a slight buzz on my wrist every time if was in the unwanted zone really helped me correct that part of my swing. If I am not wearing the device I still get a pavlovian "ghost" buzz on my wrist when I come in over-the-top.

My tempo was 2:1 when first using deWiz, which probably explains why I could be all over the place with my shots at times. I am at a steady 2.4:1 now and my shots are a lot more consistent than before. I don't know if I will ever reach 3:1, and it doesn't matter as that might not even be my ideal tempo. I am starting to think 2.4:1 is my ideal tempo, and I feel a lot more confident now being able to experiment and see actual data. By the way, Annika has around a 2.5:1 tempo.

As the product is new, we launched it this summer, we are constantly working on improvement, new features and insights based on the data being collected. We have videos on our youtube channel explaining what the current features are and how you can improve your swing by knowing your numbers. We also recommend following our instagram or youtube channel as we are going to post more content and tutorials on how to get the most out of your deWiz and insights we find from all the millions of swings registered. 

There is no cookie cutter perfect swing. You have your swing and the elements of that swing you want to improve, that's why it's so important that you learn YOUR numbers.

With this short introduction we just wanted to say hi to everyone and let you know that we are here and happy to help if you have any questions. 

Edited by deWiz Golf
  • Like 1

Improve your game FAST

This is great news for the MGS community!

I started at.2.2 to 2.4 tempo and now have hit as high as 2.8 in just a couple of weeks. The feedback really helps me as the 'feel' is always different than reality.

As one of the ordering people off Ebay, yes fair warning as my device did not function properly. I recommend to use the main DeWiz website.

As I lengthen my backswing trying for 48", I see my hand-speed drop, it will be fun to compare numbers with other MGS users. I also suggest Dewiz use MGS to trial the devices as you try to reach a large community. Perhaps talk to the MGS team on that!

Hi everyone,

We had a webinar this Saturday with our co-founder and CTO Markus Westerberg doing a short demo of the app and device, and then diving deeper into some of the numbers and functions surrounding the length of backswing feature and learn why Bryson hits longer than Markus, even though they have similar max hand speed.

Improve your game FAST

On 5/20/2021 at 3:24 PM, Dave Tutelman said:

Thanks for the heads-up. Interesting device. I have never used one, but from the videos I'm pretty sure I know what it is. I have been involved in the development of several training aids, so I think I know what's going on.

What it is: There is a 6DOF inertial sensor in the "watch" on your wrist, along with some sort of electrode or, more likely, vibrator (piezoelectric transducer would be my guess). There is a two-way wireless link (probably Bluetooth, but maybe WiFi or some other wireless technology) to an app in your smart phone. The app does the math of inertial navigation to tell where the device is -- both position and attitude -- throughout the swing. The app has a GUI to set up the mode and to report results. (Note: "attitude" is navigation-speak for "the direction where it is pointing".)

What it can do: Everything in the videos (swing plane, length of backswing, transition, tempo) all seem well within the reach of the technology. It is less ambitious than some other products (e.g.- SkyPro or SwingByte) in that regard. It can measure and report anything that depends on the position and attitude of the forearm just above the wrist joint. That includes pronation/supination, but not flexion/extension nor radial/ulnar deviation. That brings us to...

What it can't do: I just cited flexion/extension and radial/ulnar as things it can't do. That would take something like Hackmotion to tease out those wrist motions. It also doesn't know where the club itself is pointing. So it would not be able to diagnose casting, track lag or clubhead speed and direction, detect ungrip/regrip at the top, or anything else that the club does outboard of the forearm.

It would be nice if someone technical from DeWiz could tell us their story instead of my having to play Sherlock Holmes. But please, someone technical, prepared to talk technical! Not a glorified sales pitch, which is what the videos are.

There’s a really description and overview on Mark Immelman’s podcast “On the Mark.”  I too am interested in this kind of device. It seems like it’s biofeedback, training your body and brain (specifically your hands to go specific distances in space) through feedback (sound and vibration). I believe Mark has a really good discount code as well. But as I recall, the next podcast had a correction to the DeWiz code so don’t be discouraged if you have trouble with the code. I’m sure if email them they’ll straighten it out.

I have attended one of there events on Facebook and now see how the transition numbers and length of backswing and hand speed all work together. I have reduced my over the top to - 1 to 2 inch under plane and lengthened my backswing by four inches. This caused a gain of 17 yards on driver hit!

A5C05171-8EC9-45A0-AF52-9FB3442376FC.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I went ahead and purchased one of these. My first reaction was that this device is overpriced but maybe I'm wrong about that.

I've had a constant problem of having too long of a backswing. I've been looking for something to help with shortening it. I've tried a lot of practice techniques, worked on the issue with instructor/lessons, and tried various training aids. I've made more progress in shortening my backswing in 3 days with the Dewiz than I've made in the past 3 years with everything else. So far, the results are great.

The other thing it's helped me with is my swing plane and transition. I didn't expect it to be this helpful with swing plane. It gives you good feedback on how vertical/horizontal your swing plane is. 

I haven't found a way to incorporate the tempo options into what I'm doing but maybe I'll find a way to use those features.

I would say that if you're looking to get your backswing more uniform - and you can stomach the cost - this is an excellent device. 

Driver - Krank F11

Hybrids - Callaway Big Bertha 3 & 5

Irons - TaylorMade SIM2 5-PW

Wedges - SmithWorks Elite 48, 54, 60

Putter - Edel Golf 5.0

• 3 weeks later...

Being able to measure the length of backswing in actual length of swingpath enables you to get a more precise consistency in your short game. By controlling the length of your backswing you can dial in on your wedge distances as we can see a direct linearity between the LoB and the carry length.

Below is data from a former European Tour player, and while the output data has been accessible for a while, now you can also get the input data from your swing. 

image.png.0d5e2644ebcdde5acccd9576c566a9ef.png

Edited by deWiz Golf
Forgot to add media

Improve your game FAST

12 minutes ago, deWiz Golf said:

Being able to measure the length of backswing in actual length of swingpath enables you to get a more precise consistency in your short game. By controlling the length of your backswing you can dial in on your wedge distances as we can see a direct linearity between the LoB and the carry length.

Below is data from a former European Tour player, and while the output data has been accessible for a while, now you can also get the input data from your swing. 

image.png.0d5e2644ebcdde5acccd9576c566a9ef.png

since this popped up on my unread list I figured I would give the thread a read.  Nice to have the company represented, but many of the posts seem to be from posters that have only posted in this thread…seems a bit suspicious but ok.  

looked at you website and curious how an amateur can determine what numbers they should have.  How does it help with a bad swing mechanics vs bad tempo/swing length?  Why should I ask an amateur invest $700 into this product; do I need a coach to use it?  Looking at the site, I’d say this a device for coaches and/or pros.   

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG