Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Dewiz…….Anybody used this?

8 hours ago, TonyLow202 said:

I want to buy this.  But it's sooo expensive.

It has not really helped my game, at least not $600 worth.  I learn as much or more from a slo-mo video of my swing.  My GPS watch gives me my tempo, as I play.  The DeWiz is not really usable on the course, too distracting for me.  I prefer swing aids that actually teach you a "feel" such as the whippy shafts.

For sure the DeWiz is neat, great wow factor, but I don't really think it was worth the money.   Of course money's worth is relative.  If $600 is not a big deal to a person, then of course the DeWiz does have some usefulness, just not a lot. 

• 1 month later...

I bought it to practice tempo as Tour Tempo app never did it for me. I was really surprised how this device changed my game… and it wasn’t actually in Tempo area. I’m playing with hcp 6 and I always practice with Foresight launch monitor. I always thought that my swing plane was great because I always hit in2out. My problem was that I struggled with early extension. I was really surprised when I first tried the device that it was showing my transition as positive (out to in). This was an eye opening moment. My in to out  club pattern was a RESULT of me tilting back and early extending after a steep out to in transition. DeWiz helped me practice the correct transition. What a feeling!!!!!! Pure strikes and no early extending. I absolutely love this device!!! It changed my game!

BTW, after using DeWiz for just a couple of days my wife washed my jacket….with DeWiz in the pocket. Device was completely destroyed. I contacted the company asking if they could sell me another device with a discount. They said they will not ….and they sent me a new device FOR FREE! 
I am very impressed! 

• 1 month later...

I have been using it for three months now, and it's been great for my practice.

I bought it with my wedge game in mind, but have learned a lot more about my swing than I could have imagined. The biggest revelation was my tempo. I never even considered that I had an issue with my tempo until I saw my ratio which was both inconsistent, and bad. Around 2.1:1-2.4:1.

The different data tables based on handicap grouping and comparing these to my own data has helped a lot. So to team Dewiz, please share more data. That's how I realized I needed to increase my downswing speed - I was among the slower in your data tables, and now I am in a good range 🙂

edit: while I am posting I want to ask Dewiz team here a question - is there any data that you see that really good players are doing a lot differently than hackers? I know now that the start to impact time is faster for better players, but is there anything else where you see that there is a golden nugget in the data?

Edited by 404yds

My longest drive recorded on course is 404 yards.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2023 at 6:24 AM, 404yds said:

I have been using it for three months now, and it's been great for my practice.

I bought it with my wedge game in mind, but have learned a lot more about my swing than I could have imagined. The biggest revelation was my tempo. I never even considered that I had an issue with my tempo until I saw my ratio which was both inconsistent, and bad. Around 2.1:1-2.4:1.

The different data tables based on handicap grouping and comparing these to my own data has helped a lot. So to team Dewiz, please share more data. That's how I realized I needed to increase my downswing speed - I was among the slower in your data tables, and now I am in a good range 🙂

edit: while I am posting I want to ask Dewiz team here a question - is there any data that you see that really good players are doing a lot differently than hackers? I know now that the start to impact time is faster for better players, but is there anything else where you see that there is a golden nugget in the data?

Great questions @404yds and it's great to hear that deWiz has provided additional insights into your swing that you didn't expect to see!

In terms of other data insights that we've found, there are a few that standout. When looking at Max Hand Speed and the Distance to Impact that MHS occurs, we've found that the optimum range to maximize efficiency in the golf swing is in the 17-19 inch range. And relatively speaking, a player's Distance to Impact should gradually increase as the club gets longer (i.e. Driver DTI > Long Iron DTI > Short Iron DTI, etc.)

The new Steepening/Shallowing measurement is also very interesting. Not surprisingly, most TOUR players we've tracked and high level players are generally pretty neutral in this number and most have a slight Shallowing (negative number). There's a very high correlation to high handicappers that have high IDDx measurements (> 20°), largely positive Transition measurements (> 3 inch Over the Top) and significant Steepening (> 5°). So, those three measurements all tend to work in tandem with each other!

We've also talked about it in the past, but again on a relative scale, a player is going to increase their ball speed and club head speed simply by increasing their Length of Backswing!

Improve your game FAST

• 4 weeks later...

I have both this and Hack Motion.  With the Hack motion I simply cannot get my wrist flex at the top to be in range.  It may be a physical limitation.  However, I can get the vast majority of impact positions in range.  So I figure that's the most important.  With the DeWiz I get more useful info on my swing plane which tends to be on plane fairly nicely.  I have a tendency to come very slightly over the top (less than 2 degrees with a very slightly closed face that gives me a baby fade).   The deWiz really highlights when I get too outside in and I find that very useful in practicing.   So I prefer the DeWiz over the Hack Motion.   When I hit great shots with the Dewiz it says I am inside suggested parameters.  I can hit great shots with the Hack motion and it says I am too cupped (way outside ideal) at the top and good at impact which is confusing to me.