TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tried the Cobra one lengths....

DechamBRO

I guess they don't work for me/my swing. So I tried the speed zone pw and the 6 iron at dick's spring goods, and the forged TEC 5 iron at Edwin watts. I love the idea and concept, the issue for me was the low number clubs seen to roll out like 10 to 20 yards. Had anyone else noticed this with one length? Man, they felt great, and the speed zone was ridiculously long (pw was going 150, 6 iron was 180 rolling to 195/200). The forged tec, man had I not already purchased my d7 forged irons, I would be ordering the copper versions (standard lengths) right now.

Driver:   :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX LS, 10.5, stiff

:taylormade-small: BRNR MiniDriver, S-Flex

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Rouge ST MAX 3 wood, stiff

Fairway:  :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX 3 hybrid, S-flex

Irons:   New Level 902 OS, 5-PW, S-Flex

Wedges: :taylormade-small: hi-toe 50, 54, 58,  DG S300 S-flex

Putter:  :EVNROLL: Zero

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour/Z Star

Grips:  Golf Pride Z Grip midsize

When I played one lengths I can’t remember  if that happen to me but I think that’s an issue with the lower # clubs and wedges 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

I didn't mind the pw, I think that would be a fairly easy adjustment to have that as my 150 yard club... Chipping would take some getting used to. But I definitely don't want to have to play all my long irons like a punch shot. Again, the club heads felt great, now if they could get them to behave more like standard irons.

I play one lengths. One of my challenges is getting enough height w the longer clubs - was also my challenge w variable length clubs... so yes, I get some roll.  I plan for it.  I now hit my wedges far higher than I ever did w the shorter shafted versions, for me it’s about drop and stop more than spin.  But I’ve really liked the one length wedges, though it took some practice. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

58 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I didn't mind the pw, I think that would be a fairly easy adjustment to have that as my 150 yard club... Chipping would take some getting used to. But I definitely don't want to have to play all my long irons like a punch shot. Again, the club heads felt great, now if they could get them to behave more like standard irons.

I liked the Pw too .. I played standard length wedges though so didn’t have to adjust 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

2 hours ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

I play one lengths. One of my challenges is getting enough height w the longer clubs - was also my challenge w variable length clubs... so yes, I get some roll.  I plan for it.  I now hit my wedges far higher than I ever did w the shorter shafted versions, for me it’s about drop and stop more than spin.  But I’ve really liked the one length wedges, though it took some practice. 

Yeah, I could see being able to get adjusted to the wedges, but the long irons would kill me having to plan for that much roll. Hit a 4 iron (probably the best of my life) into a par 3 island green last week. Ball was maybe 5 feet from where it landed. Wouldn't be able to do that with the one lengths, unfortunately. I really liked the clubs and the concept. I would have to prob use one length 7-60 degree, and variable length long irons for it to work for me. Hopefully they keep modifying/updating them to get them to react more like traditional irons. I know they now hard and soft step them to help with the flight, maybe graphite long irons and steel sorry irons? All graphite shafts with varying flex and kick profiles for each club?

I like the idea of one length clubs but my impression from posts by users is you need to have a higher ball flight to make them work.  I play with a couple of guys who hit their irons high even though they don't have high swing speeds.  One length would probably work for them.  I fight to hit the ball high enough, so one length longer irons wouldn't work for me.

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

I love the concept as well, but haven’t taken the time to give them a good go. I wonder if anyone has done a mixed single length type of set up:  4-6 at one specified length, 7-9 a bit shorter but all the same length, and PW-L a bit shorter than 7-9 but all the same length. 
It would make 3 swings,  but maybe better control of long irons??

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

3 hours ago, Hook DeLoft said:

I like the idea of one length clubs but my impression from posts by users is you need to have a higher ball flight to make them work.  I play with a couple of guys who hit their irons high even though they don't have high swing speeds.  One length would probably work for them.  I fight to hit the ball high enough, so one length longer irons wouldn't work for me.

I have a fairly high flight with my clubs, never really had any issues with that. The guy at Edwin watts said that was a thing with the long irons, they kinda knuckleball out there with allot of roll. Watching video reviews I know it was worse when they first came out (long irons went really low, wedges were rockets to the moon). I know they have moved weighting around to try and fix that, as well as hard/soft stepped the shafts as well (which is why they no longer have the same lie angle, as the shaft bend at impact now requires them to have different lie angles). Both demos were on simulators as well...too bad there isn't a way to demo then for a round or two.

6 hours ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

That has been my experience as well. I went with single-lengths to try out the concept when I was doing a study in 2016. They are still in my bag. WaffleHouseTour's observations are the same as mine.

BTW, one reason (but not the only one) I like the one length wedges is that my tired, old back likes them. (Tired? L5-S1 requiring PhysTherapy. Old? I'll be 80 next month.) I don't have to bend over nearly as much to hit them.

Edited by Dave Tutelman
Add a link to my study

8 hours ago, DechamBRO said:

Yeah, I could see being able to get adjusted to the wedges, but the long irons would kill me having to plan for that much roll. Hit a 4 iron (probably the best of my life) into a par 3 island green last week. Ball was maybe 5 feet from where it landed. Wouldn't be able to do that with the one lengths, unfortunately. I really liked the clubs and the concept. I would have to prob use one length 7-60 degree, and variable length long irons for it to work for me. Hopefully they keep modifying/updating them to get them to react more like traditional irons. I know they now hard and soft step them to help with the flight, maybe graphite long irons and steel sorry irons? All graphite shafts with varying flex and kick profiles for each club?

I used to play one length's as well and I'm pretty sure that just becuase the launch angle is so low with the longer clubs the decent angle comes in too shallow and that's why you're seeing the roll out.  I switched back to stepped iron for that and I wasn't able to hit a flighted wedge.  If you're struggling with consistency however I can't recommend them enough. They really helped me with my game. 

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

I have been playing single length irons for more than 5 years now.  Original set was Tom Wishon Sterling.  Those are 8i length.  Last 2 years has been Cobra F7 One Length.  But I play a blended set now where  my 6, 7 and 8i are Titleist T400, and then 8 - SW are Cobra One Length.  I had to order the 55 degree SW separately.   Full disclosure, I am 62 and play to a 9  GHIN index.    Pluses of One length:  I only really have to practice one set up, ball position and one swing.  Since I only play a couple of times a week, that helps my consistency.   I grip down on the shaft a little to play in between yardages, and I like that I can do that with the 7i length short irons and wedges and not worry about hitting them thin.   Next, I  use a waist high swing with every wedge (actually, SW through 8i)  and get very predicable, repeatable, consistent yardages.  Again, I can choke down to get in-between yardages.  The result is I have 75 all the way to 125 yard shots that are just a waist high pitching motion and are very consistent.   I don't know that I could pull that off with a conventional set.   In fact, my 60 degree wedge is conventional length, and I am afraid to choke it down at all.      The only reason I put the Titleist irons at the top of the set is because they are very long.  They are lofted stronger than usual, but then they are constructed like a hybrid so they launch higher.   I hit my 6 iron about 165 to 170.   I think you can hit longer irons that roll out with any type of set -- one length or conventional.  I have a launch monitor and I can hit 8 irons of either type that spin down around 3000 rpm and will run out 10 or 15 yards(145 to 150 carry) .  I think higher swing speeds would experience this less.  As others have posted, I  am just aware of the fact that I might get a low spinner-- especially from the rough-- and just have to plan for it.   Its not a big adjustment.   With all the versatility and consistency of the one length irons, I am not sure I would ever go back to conventional for the short irons and wedges -- scoring clubs.   But I would definitely recommend exploring longer clubs above 7 iron because the extra length will only improve your swing speed, distance and spin.   To me, it's like taking advantage of all that a blended set can offer.    

----------

PIng G410, 10.5 set at 9.5/  Cleveland 3+ Hy-wood (18*) / Titleist 915 7w / Callaway XR 4h / Tour Edge HL-4 5h / Mizuno JPX-921 Hot Metal 7i - GW / Tommy Armour 845 CB wedges (52, 56*).   Ping Sigma 2 Fetch Putter.   SkyTrak in the Garage.  

10 hours ago, McaseyM said:

I love the concept as well, but haven’t taken the time to give them a good go. I wonder if anyone has done a mixed single length type of set up:  4-6 at one specified length, 7-9 a bit shorter but all the same length, and PW-L a bit shorter than 7-9 but all the same length. 
It would make 3 swings,  but maybe better control of long irons??

This would become a nightmare. Mainly swing weight and clubs not properly adjusted for same length. Cobra progressively alters each iron head to make swing weight and head angle correct for one length irons. They don't just slap in same length shaft with exact head design they use on normal irons.

I wouldn't want to know how messed up lie and loft would get doing it the way you suggested. The one length idea is not new. It works for very specific types of players. Those who have excellent hands and can really control the club head mid swing. 

For most of us mortals we need the difference in length to help use control speed and head position through impact. We don't have the swing speed to get the longer irons high enough to get them to stop properly on greens. That is why the longer shaft and heavy head has been around for so long. 

steelhead 9°, rbz 5w, ping awr 2 bc irons, isi irons, or nike vapor irons, cleveland 52°, 58°, 64° 2 ball putter.

I play the new Radspeed Ones.  The wedge don't spin as much as conventional length irons but I hit them twice as high so it's a wash for me. Pitching wedge flies like a lob wedge but carries like a PW.   Takes a little time to get used to but I'm happy with them.  Like most things like this, they're not for everyone.  I think they help me because my weakness is getting too hunched over my short irons. Play to a 3 and I'm more accurate than I've ever been.

My sample size is very small, but I also found that the longer irons flew very low for me and I struggled with launch. 7i through the wedges were awesome and I honestly wish I had One Length in those sizes with standard 5i-6i. I don't have enough speed to really get those lower lofted One Lengths to work (at least not when I tried a set) but the higher lofts were awesome. I mentioned this in another thread, but I hit some of the best short iron & wedge shots of my life with those. I think if I had tried them with a shaft that worked better for my swing, the whole set may have worked better for me as a whole.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

My swing speed with Cobra one lengths in right around 82 and to elevate the 5 and 6 irons you need to move it forward in your stance about an inch. They will fly plenty high. I agree with others that the wedges are money and it would be hard for me to go back to variable length wedges especially for full swings. I have dabbled with a blended set of 5-7 in variable and single lengths for everything else but in the 2 rounds I've tried it I struggled with the variable length clubs.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

23 hours ago, DechamBRO said:

If you long irons 4/5 aren't stopping, then that's where you probably need to move to the 5 and or 4 hybrid OL.   A lot of higher caps (I"m including myself in this) don't have the swing speed to get the height on a 4 or 5 iron.  Add the fact these are very strong lofted, and it's a double whammy.   When I hit the 4 and 5 hybrids during my OL fitting they were so easy to launch high, and while it was on a range and not an actual green, I think they will come in steep enough to stop well enough. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Common trouble with One length start usually around the 6 irons up to 4 irons, those will generally hit only a few yards apart for most players so they sell the set with hybrid in general to compensate for that. I wanted one length at my fitting but the fitter said it wouldn't be for me. A high swing speed is generally required those to be more effective. The fitter is a conventional guy for sure, he also know what is better from a year to another so in the end, he often goes for the best product in general. For me it ended up being ping, for the guy after me, he even went on the shelves to unwrap a cobra T-rail 7 iron to try for the fitting, god knows that most players don't want to play with those... but if its better for the player, it's better... so I trust the fitter.

As for PW,SW you tend to hit those so high that spin doesn't really matter anymore.

As for gapping, people need to be able to gap between their wedges and their one length set, which generally require a 3rd or 4th wedge for some players.

slower swing speed players need 2 one length hybrid or another wood in their bag to compensate the 150 yards + gap, their 5 irons will lack stopping power on the green.

I'm not sure about the shaft, maybe a true temper elevate shaft could increase the height of the shot and help people with that.

Will definitively gonna get one of those set for sure one day. my main problem is that I don't have standard spec so getting one used will be harder.

I'm 2 upright, lefty, with a low launch

5 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

If you long irons 4/5 aren't stopping, then that's where you probably need to move to the 5 and or 4 hybrid OL.   A lot of higher caps (I"m including myself in this) don't have the swing speed to get the height on a 4 or 5 iron.  Add the fact these are very strong lofted, and it's a double whammy.   When I hit the 4 and 5 hybrids during my OL fitting they were so easy to launch high, and while it was on a range and not an actual green, I think they will come in steep enough to stop well enough. 

I get that. My issue is that with my D7 forged variable length irons, i get the 4 and 5 iron in the air no problem. It is just when i tried the one lengths that I guess with the club length and loft, i can't get the height and therefore descent that i do with my variable length long irons, so again, one length probably aren't for me right now. Def don't want to have to change my 4 and 5 iron to hybrids (as i said, i hit mine just fine). I tried the one length because i was greatly intrigued, and now I know they aren't for me (for now, buy as they continue to advance, I hope they will be as I love the idea of using the same swing for everything). 

3 minutes ago, pouetvl said:

Common trouble with One length start usually around the 6 irons up to 4 irons, those will generally hit only a few yards apart for most players so they sell the set with hybrid in general to compensate for that. I wanted one length at my fitting but the fitter said it wouldn't be for me. A high swing speed is generally required those to be more effective. The fitter is a conventional guy for sure, he also know what is better from a year to another so in the end, he often goes for the best product in general. For me it ended up being ping, for the guy after me, he even went on the shelves to unwrap a cobra T-rail 7 iron to try for the fitting, god knows that most players don't want to play with those... but if its better for the player, it's better... so I trust the fitter.

As for PW,SW you tend to hit those so high that spin doesn't really matter anymore.

As for gapping, people need to be able to gap between their wedges and their one length set, which generally require a 3rd or 4th wedge for some players.

slower swing speed players need 2 one length hybrid or another wood in their bag to compensate the 150 yards + gap, their 5 irons will lack stopping power on the green.

I'm not sure about the shaft, maybe a true temper elevate shaft could increase the height of the shot and help people with that.

Will definitively gonna get one of those set for sure one day. my main problem is that I don't have standard spec so getting one used will be harder.

I'm 2 upright, lefty, with a low launch

i am still tempted to get a set even with this data, just cause i would love to see it in actual play. Man the SZ irons were friggin long. I am not sure where you live, but a good fitter should have no issue adjusting the loft for you, if you could find the clubs used in left handed that is. 

I was planning on getting the wedges as well, one length snake bite. was thinking 5-GW, 52, 56, 60.....with how i hit the 5 iron i don't think i would need anything between it and my standard length speedzone 3 hybrid. I could always get the one lengths and let my son use them if they don't work on the course for me 🙂 First world problems. 

2 hours ago, Wedgie said:

My swing speed with Cobra one lengths in right around 82 and to elevate the 5 and 6 irons you need to move it forward in your stance about an inch. They will fly plenty high. I agree with others that the wedges are money and it would be hard for me to go back to variable length wedges especially for full swings. I have dabbled with a blended set of 5-7 in variable and single lengths for everything else but in the 2 rounds I've tried it I struggled with the variable length clubs.

Really wish I spent more time trying that out. Or just hitting the 7i longer LOL!

Just now, russtopherb said:

Really wish I spent more time trying that out. Or just hitting the 7i longer LOL!

The clubs are just sitting in my garage.  If you want to take another whack at them just let me know?

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

2 hours ago, Wedgie said:

So i just pulled data from my MEVO app, looks like my 7i and 8i swing speeds are between 85-91 MPH, with ball speed around 98-111 MPH (obviously based on swing speed and quality of strike). I thought one of the things with the one lengths was not moving the ball up or back in your stance, since they were all the same length?

Just now, DechamBRO said:

So i just pulled data from my MEVO app, looks like my 7i and 8i swing speeds are between 85-91 MPH, with ball speed around 98-111 MPH (obviously based on swing speed and quality of strike). I thought one of the things with the one lengths was not moving the ball up or back in your stance, since they were all the same length?

One would think that but Cobra has different lie angles and offsets because they say you swing a single length 5 iron faster than a single length PW for example. I personally do not. To get around this I move the 5 and 6 irons forward about an inch and pw-sw are back a bit. I have a set of Edel single length irons that are all the same lie angles and no offset and are much straighter for me but lack the forgiveness of the Cobras.

I have a Skytrack and what is most interesting with the Cobra one lengths and my swing is what happens with the various lie angles and offsets. It is kind of opposite of what you would think. For example if I take full swings with my sand wedge I tend to hit it left and as I move to the gap wedge it is a little less left. The clubs gradually work their way right and by the time I get to the 8/7 they are pretty straight then the 5/6 are right of center.  They kind of force you to move the ball around. With Edel it is one ball position all the time.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

6 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

One would think that but Cobra has different lie angles and offsets because they say you swing a single length 5 iron faster than a single length PW for example. I personally do not. To get around this I move the 5 and 6 irons forward about an inch and pw-sw are back a bit. I have a set of Edel single length irons that are all the same lie angles and no offset and are much straighter for me but lack the forgiveness of the Cobras.

I have a Skytrack and what is most interesting with the Cobra one lengths and my swing is what happens with the various lie angles and offsets. It is kind of opposite of what you would think. For example if I take full swings with my sand wedge I tend to hit it left and as I move to the gap wedge it is a little less left. The clubs gradually work their way right and by the time I get to the 8/7 they are pretty straight then the 5/6 are right of center.  They kind of force you to move the ball around. With Edel it is one ball position all the time.

Hmmm, interesting. I know that they changed to varying lie angles (originally had all the same) and one of the reasons was the ball flight. So instead of using the exact same shaft, they have started to hard step/soft step them to affect ball flight (higher or lower as necessary) and because of the changes in tip stiffness, the shaft bends different amounts at impact, hence the need for different lie angles. I might have to go back to Dicks tonight and mess around a little more, i like playing around and getting data too much 😛 

Just now, DechamBRO said:

Hmmm, interesting. I know that they changed to varying lie angles (originally had all the same) and one of the reasons was the ball flight. So instead of using the exact same shaft, they have started to hard step/soft step them to affect ball flight (higher or lower as necessary) and because of the changes in tip stiffness, the shaft bends different amounts at impact, hence the need for different lie angles. I might have to go back to Dicks tonight and mess around a little more, i like playing around and getting data too much 😛 

Yeah but how much toe droop am I really getting on 37.5 inch irons swinging at 82 MPH?  I saw the other day Bryson D. still plays the original Forged Tech because they all had the same lie angles and offsets. I also read that Cobra came to these conclusions after watching regular dudes hit single length irons for the first time. I'm sure Cobra has studied this a lot more than I have and they know what they are doing but my personal experience is if everything is the exact same the ball will go straighter. I just need the forgiveness Cobra offers and over time you learn to work with what you've got. 

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

1 hour ago, Wedgie said:

The clubs are just sitting in my garage.  If you want to take another whack at them just let me know?

Tempting, my good man, however those shafts never felt right to me the way they loaded. May take a few mins to peruse the 'bay, even though I know I shouldn't! 

Just now, russtopherb said:

Tempting, my good man, however those shafts never felt right to me the way they loaded. May take a few mins to peruse the 'bay, even though I know I shouldn't! 

Club Champion built those irons and I think they used all 7 iron shafts and they were supposed to use 5-G shafts and cut to size. I'm thinking of taking the Edel shafts and putting them in there. If I do I'll meet you at the range.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

7 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Yeah but how much toe droop am I really getting on 37.5 inch irons swinging at 82 MPH?  I saw the other day Bryson D. still plays the original Forged Tech because they all had the same lie angles and offsets. I also read that Cobra came to these conclusions after watching regular dudes hit single length irons for the first time. I'm sure Cobra has studied this a lot more than I have and they know what they are doing but my personal experience is if everything is the exact same the ball will go straighter. I just need the forgiveness Cobra offers and over time you learn to work with what you've got. 

Yeah, but like i said, then now soft and hard step them. And if you look at the lie angles, variable length goes from 62degrees lie to 65 from 4-PW.....but one length does the exact opposite 65 to 62 from 4-PW. Odd, but like you said, I am sure that they have done allot more research on it then I ever could, and i hope they keep it up, only thing stopping me right now from switching is the shot shape of the long irons.  I know in Brysons they are all the same, and the shafts are the exact same (tipped the same as well), but man his swing speed.....

19 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Of course as soon as I posted this, we got my daughter's first BU tuition bill... yeah I'll be sticking with the Cobra Baffler XLs a little while longer LOL!