TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tour Edge CBX 119 FWY

Just got some new Fairways. Tour Edge CBX 119 13.5 and 18. Had them extended 1" at Miles of Golf and new MCC +4 grips installed. Hoping to get a few extra yards with the new Equipment. I have not hit them yet and they are getting their first swings on the course tomorrow. 

IMG_1438.JPEG.298bd0b8bab35883e5d0e752edaa0cef.JPEGIMG_1439.JPEG.dd2fb78b48becc5623852ec8c9adf969.JPEG

Replacing my Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Fairway....which is a great club.

IMG_1440.JPEG.4eba6d387a0c77645af65cf5df45cd95.JPEG

Driver: Mizuno ST200 (Graphite Design G series 60 X-flex with Golf Pride MCC+4)

3 Wood: Tour Edge CBX 119 13.5 degree (Project X HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 70 with Golf Pride MCC+4) 

5 wood: Tour Edge CBX 119 18 degree (Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0 65 with Golf Pride MCC+4)

Long Irons: Nike Vapor Speed 3 Iron and Nike Vapor Fly 4-6 (UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4 with Golf Pride MCC+4) 

Irons: Nike Vapor Pro 7-PW (UST Mamiya Recoil 780 F4 with Golf Pride MCC+4)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX 52 and 56 (Rotex Precision Graphite Wedge-Flex with Golf Pride MCC+4)

Putter: Taylormade Spider X SX-32 (KBS CT Tour Putter with Super Stroke Pistol GTR 1.0)

Ball: Taylormade Noodle Neon Matte Red

They performed amazing today. They are keepers. I did not see any major distance gains, but I have never hit a fairway straighter. In a half dozen swings I did not have a single bad shot and solid contact with my 3 wood has been an issue for me.

Edited by Perkmd

3 Wood: Tour Edge CBX 119 13.5 degree (Project X HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 70 with Golf Pride MCC+4) 

5 wood: Tour Edge CBX 119 18 degree (Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0 65 with Golf Pride MCC+4)

Long Irons: Nike Vapor Speed 3 Iron and Nike Vapor Fly 4-6 (UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4 with Golf Pride MCC+4) 

Wedges: Cleveland CBX 52 and 56 (Rotex Precision Graphite Wedge-Flex with Golf Pride MCC+4)

Putter: Taylormade Spider X SX-32 (KBS CT Tour Putter with Super Stroke Pistol GTR 1.0)

Awesome!!!! Congrats!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Nice.  I game the 15 degree 3w with the Evenflow Blue and I'm a big fan.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

On 5/23/2021 at 7:38 PM, Perkmd said:

Just got some new Fairways. Tour Edge CBX 119 13.5 and 18. Had them extended 1" at Miles of Golf and new MCC +4 grips installed. Hoping to get a few extra yards with the new Equipment. I have not hit them yet and they are getting their first swings on the course tomorrow. 

IMG_1438.JPEG.298bd0b8bab35883e5d0e752edaa0cef.JPEGIMG_1439.JPEG.dd2fb78b48becc5623852ec8c9adf969.JPEG

Replacing my Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Fairway....which is a great club.

IMG_1440.JPEG.4eba6d387a0c77645af65cf5df45cd95.JPEG

Congrats, where did you manage to get some new old stock CBx 119s.

Rock bottom golf is selling new old stock CBX 119 fairways for $119 right now.  Just got one last week.  No returns.

Tour Edge C723 8.0 MCA Tensei AV Blue Xlink 65S

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Tour Edge E723 21 degree MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid Fujikura Fuel 85g Stiff

Corey Paul - 5-PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

Yes, I also ordered a new CBX119 3 wood (16.5*), Evenflow Blue 5.5 from Rock Bottom Golf. We were only able to start golfing again this weekend so didn't get a chance to hit it much but certainly was easier to get it airborne off the deck then any other 3 wood I have used. Looking forward to playing it more.

Have a CBX original 5 wood with Tensei blue 70 gram shaft that is great.

Bought the CBX 119 4 wood with evenflow 65. Hasn't made it into the bag as I am hitting my Srixon F85 3 wood so well right now.As summer goes on might consider dropping the 3 and 5 for the 4 wood. Out a hybrid in for my 4 driving iron and free a spot for a higher lofted wedge (62 or 64) since the greens at my new club are so firm and fast.

The exotics CBX woods are money in looks feel and performance.

WalterS, as Hoyoymac mentioned, I got mine at Rock Bottom Golf $85 a club. I bought the Like New used clubs and they had never been hit. 

23 hours ago, WalterS said:

Congrats, where did you manage to get some new old stock CBx 119s.

20 hours ago, Hoyoymac said:

Rock bottom golf is selling new old stock CBX 119 fairways for $119 right now.  Just got one last week.  No returns.

WalterS, as Hoyoymac mentioned, I got mine at Rock Bottom Golf $85 a club. I bought the Like New used clubs and they had never been hit. 

Apologizes for the double post, I am still learning the forum and could not delete the first.

20 hours ago, DONDC1958 said:

Yes, I also ordered a new CBX119 3 wood (16.5*), Evenflow Blue 5.5 from Rock Bottom Golf. We were only able to start golfing again this weekend so didn't get a chance to hit it much but certainly was easier to get it airborne off the deck then any other 3 wood I have used. Looking forward to playing it more.

16 hours ago, Canabuc said:

Have a CBX original 5 wood with Tensei blue 70 gram shaft that is great.

Bought the CBX 119 4 wood with evenflow 65. Hasn't made it into the bag as I am hitting my Srixon F85 3 wood so well right now.As summer goes on might consider dropping the 3 and 5 for the 4 wood. Out a hybrid in for my 4 driving iron and free a spot for a higher lofted wedge (62 or 64) since the greens at my new club are so firm and fast.

The exotics CBX woods are money in looks feel and performance.

Congratulations DONDC1958 and Canabuc, I hope you both hit them well out there! I have the EvenFlow Blue in the 5 wood and the HZRDUS smoke in the 3 wood...both shafts a great, but my preference is leaning more to the EvenFlow for look and feel. 

Canabuc I have heard that the Srixon F85 is a very good club as well. 

26 minutes ago, WalterS said:

Those are pretty good prices, of course once we convert it to canuck bucks it's a little more expensive.

Haha..Canuck bucks! I like it. It is just less than a 20% premium in Canadian Dollars based on todays conversion. Either way, $85 USD or $100 CAD (if rock bottom ships to Canada), this is a great price for these clubs. I don't think I have ever paid retail pricing for a club. I happen to get the CBXs on a 48 hour 20% off Tour Edge sale. 

I traded in a bunch of clubs and got a 25% trade in bonus and had a 10% coupon too!  Used the money to order a bunch of stuff for my wife and I.

The CBX 119 was purchased to replace a Tour Edge EX10 4 wood that I’ve had for a while that hooks a little too often for me and is a bit beat up.

It is a great looking and sounding club but I’ve already figured out that unfortunately I did not order a stiff enough shaft.  The new CBX 119 16.5 with the Evenflow Blue 65 5.5 shaft is producing high hooks for me which is what I was trying to fix with the EX 10.  The CBX 119 is not returnable so I will be pulling the shaft and putting in something heavier and stiffer with lower tip torque.  So after some internet research it is off to EBay to get some shafts and the tinkering will begin anew.

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

2 hours ago, Hoyoymac said:

I traded in a bunch of clubs and got a 25% trade in bonus and had a 10% coupon too!  Used the money to order a bunch of stuff for my wife and I.

The CBX 119 was purchased to replace a Tour Edge EX10 4 wood that I’ve had for a while that hooks a little too often for me and is a bit beat up.

It is a great looking and sounding club but I’ve already figured out that unfortunately I did not order a stiff enough shaft.  The new CBX 119 16.5 with the Evenflow Blue 65 5.5 shaft is producing high hooks for me which is what I was trying to fix with the EX 10.  The CBX 119 is not returnable so I will be pulling the shaft and putting in something heavier and stiffer with lower tip torque.  So after some internet research it is off to EBay to get some shafts and the tinkering will begin anew.

Be sure to register your lifetime warranty at TourEdge.com and they also claim a 90 day performance guarantee.  I have never used the guarantee process so I do not know the fine print, but it may be worth while to contact Tour Edge for a swap before attempting to re-shaft. if you are getting a high hook, you are likely getting to much spin..the HZRDUS Smoke is the lower spin option of the two shafts. Also keep in mind the user, if you tend to contact the ball outside to in you will have a hook right and if you are contacting the ball inside to out you will hook left (right handed golfer). 

Edited by Perkmd

I've got a CBX 119 16.5* Fairway on it's way from Rock Bottom too.  I've got a couple of the CBX 119 Hybrids, and they are rocket launchers, so thought I'd take advantage of the great deal on the fairway from RBG and replace my Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Tour 17* fairway.

I contacted both Tour Edge and Rock Bottom Golf about exchanging the club.  

If I had bought it directly from Tour Edge than their playability guarantee would be honored.  I needed an order number which I didn’t have.  Because I bought it through Rock Bottom I had to contact them first.  It was not one of the clubs that had the 90 day playability guarantee from Rock Bottom.  Generally it is only the new release clubs that come with that.

No worries though.  With what I saved on the purchase, I can buy another shaft and either give away or sell the Evenflow 65 g 5.5 shaft to recoup the cost of a new shaft from EBay. 

Seeing as how I bought this with trade in credit and also got a good deal on it, I feel like it was a free club.

The EXS Ti 4 utility that I just received was put into play today for the first time and it is awesome!

I’m still waiting on the EXS Pro 5 wood that is backordered.  Rock Bottom did allow me to change my order for the EXS Pro 5 wood to a heavier shaft after I figured out what my problem with the Evenflow shaft was.  Now I’ll be getting the Tensei Orange 75 gram stiff.

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also bought a Tour Edge CBX 119 16.5 fairway wood recently with the Evenflow Blue 5.5 65 gram shaft. Love the way it looks, feels and sounds but it is producing high hooks for me.  The shaft is just a little too soft.  This club is one of several that I got recently to try and replace my Tour Edge EX 10 16.5 degree 4 wood, which had also started hooking on me.  I just replaced the shaft in the EX 10 to try and fix the hook issue that way as well.

The other fairway woods being tested are the Tour Edge EXS Pro 18 degree 5 wood with the Tensei Orange 75 gram stiff shaft and a Taylormade SIM Ti 19 degree 5 wood with the Diamana Limited 75 gram stiff shaft.

So far the Taylormade SIM Ti 19 degree 5 wood turned down to 17.5 degrees seems like it is beating out the other contenders.

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4