TESTERS WANTED! ×

2021 Most Wanted-Game Improvement Irons

Golfspy_CG2

The category that MOST readers should be playing is out 🙂    And continuing where it left off in the Players Distance irons, Mizuno takes the top spot!    Read more here

https://mygolfspy.com/2021-most-wanted-game-improvement-iron/

mw2021_iron_gi_general_std-02-alt.jpg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Kind of surprised to see the RadSpeeds and D9s so low across the board. Those brands in particular seem to really be geared towards those mid to high handicaps. Distance at the expense of forgiveness & height doesn't seem like it would lead to good scoring. 

A friend of mind just got a whole set of 425s, I'll have to check in with him to see how they're working out. He only started golfing maybe 2 years ago and has fallen in love with the game. I'd ask if I could try them out, only he's a good 6" taller than I am and they're built to his specs. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Glad to see Srixon in this test, I think their ZX7 irons were missing from the other most-wanted test.  Of course I'm still waiting on my ZX5, 4-5 irons to show up, and see the results in this test makes me a little more anxious. 

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

12 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Kind of surprised to see the RadSpeeds and D9s so low across the board. Those brands in particular seem to really be geared towards those mid to high handicaps. Distance at the expense of forgiveness & height doesn't seem like it would lead to good scoring. 

A friend of mind just got a whole set of 425s, I'll have to check in with him to see how they're working out. He only started golfing maybe 2 years ago and has fallen in love with the game. I'd ask if I could try them out, only he's a good 6" taller than I am and they're built to his specs. 

Well I have RADSPEED One Lengths on the way, I guess I will see for myself and be able to compare them to the SIM2 MAX and Z5's I have.  I hate to see the DCB rate so highly.  Not because I don't like them, but because it is an iron I was also considering...so we know what that likely means 🤪

7 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

Glad to see Srixon in this test, I think their ZX7 irons were missing from the other most-wanted test.  Of course I'm still waiting on my ZX5, 4-5 irons to show up, and see the results in this test makes me a little more anxious. 

I could be wrong, but I would guess the ZX7 will appear in the Players Irons testing.  The last one was the Players Distance.  

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Well I have RADSPEED One Lengths on the way, I guess I will see for myself and be able to compare them to the SIM2 MAX and Z5's I have.  I hate to see the DCB rate so highly.  Not because I don't like them, but because it is an iron I was also considering...so we know what that likely means 🤪 

Yep.... we ALL know what that means LOL!!!!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Just now, russtopherb said:

Yep.... we ALL know what that means LOL!!!!

Oh and based on not loving the G410's I had planned on passing on the G425's as well.   The best laid plans 🙂

5 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Oh and based on not loving the G410's I had planned on passing on the G425's as well.   The best laid plans 🙂

That "corner" is starting to look awfully full 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

17 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I could be wrong, but I would guess the ZX7 will appear in the Players Irons testing.  The last one was the Players Distance.  

Great to hear, thanks for the info.

• :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

1 hour ago, M. Parsons said:

Great to hear, thanks for the info.

I can confirm the ZX7s are in the players category which should be wrapping up soon.   I personally have 2 more sessions to complete 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

The category that MOST readers should be playing is out 🙂    And continuing where it left off in the Players Distance irons, Mizuno takes the top spot!    Read more here

https://mygolfspy.com/2021-most-wanted-game-improvement-iron/

mw2021_iron_gi_general_std-02-alt.jpg

Mizuno may have taken the top spot, but take note on which one is being pulled from the bag for use 😉.

OK, throw me squarely into the perplexed at the results group.  Based on the not so great "most wanted" results when the G410's were tested, I would have figured the G425 would fair no better.  I say this because I've been gaming the G410's for almost two years now and recently tested the G425's side by side on the range and during two fittings - and, based on my results, they seem virtually identical.

Perhaps more surprising was the ZX5's barely getting into the top 5 list.  I think some of this is because they, perhaps more than any of the others in the test, are borderline GI category irons and more punishing on off hits.  But wait a minute... they were still better than the G425 in forgiveness.  I'll need to go back and read the details on score category and weighting, but it would seem forgiveness would be particularly important for clubs in this and he SGI category.

Man, those Haywood Signatures sure are a nice looking iron (similar to the i500).  I'd not heard of those or the Scott brand irons before this report.  It's nice seeing more of these smaller, non-major brands offering up products for test.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

7 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I hit the DCB's at a Callaway fitting at my club and didn't see a nickel's worth of difference between them and my Mavrik Max irons.  Both hit the ball high and are very forgiving.  However, the DCB's are much better looking.

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Mizuno may have taken the top spot, but take note on which one is being pulled from the bag for use 😉.

OK, throw me squarely into the perplexed at the results group.  Based on the not so great "most wanted" results when the G410's were tested, I would have figured the G425 would fair no better.  I say this because I've been gaming the G410's for almost two years now and recently tested the G425's side by side on the range and during two fittings - and, based on my results, they seem virtually identical.

Perhaps more surprising was the ZX5's barely getting into the top 5 list.  I think some of this is because they, perhaps more than any of the others in the test, are borderline GI category irons and more punishing on off hits.  But wait a minute... they were still better than the G425 in forgiveness.  I'll need to go back and read the details on score category and weighting, but it would seem forgiveness would be particularly important for clubs in this and he SGI category.

Man, those Haywood Signatures sure are a nice looking iron (similar to the i500).  I'd not heard of those or the Scott brand irons before this report.  It's nice seeing more of these smaller, non-major brands offering up products for test.  

I bought the Haywood's.  Will be testing the set over the next few weeks.  The performance will hopefully be as great as they look.  I have hit a few 7 irons and they were very smooth and buttery.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

1 hour ago, Hook DeLoft said:

I hit the DCB's at a Callaway fitting at my club and didn't see a nickel's worth of difference between them and my Mavrik Max irons.  Both hit the ball high and are very forgiving.  However, the DCB's are much better looking.

Totally agree on the DCB looks - one of (if not) the best IMO.  I was fortunate that TrueSpec had just added them to the drawer on my second/re-run fitting.  Loved the way they looked and was full of hope they'd be in the running... but that wasn't the case.

7 hours ago, cnosil said:

I can confirm the ZX7s are in the players category which should be wrapping up soon.   I personally have 2 more sessions to complete 

Awesome!  I'm excited to see the outcome for that category.

9 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I hate to see the DCB rate so highly.  Not because I don't like them, but because it is an iron I was also considering...so we know what that likely means 🤪

Interesting that the DCB's rated very high in Long and mid irons but very poor in short irons....that just screams for a combo set!

4-7 in DCB's & 8, 9, PW in the regular APEX 21's

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I will also say when I did the PXG full bag fitting I hit all of their irons (except Gen 4) and the 0211 DC was as good as any of them and they were LONG..I was getting 15+ yards more carry on the 7 iron vs my current set.

The only reason they aren't in my bag right now is my college aged son put a hurting on the ole bank account in the last few months!

22 hours ago, russtopherb said:

I have the Ping G425, when I got fitted, they were by far superior to the sim 2 max, Tried the Mizuno JPX and they were good too, Feeling was similar to me but I could say that Mizuno was a little bit better, wasn't hitting them as well as the ping and of course I know why now, the Mizuno I tried was standard lie and I play 2 upright so in the end I was 3 degree off since Mizuno are flatter than other brand. Price was my main concern + ping offer lie change when you ship them back which I might need to do since I've been playing around with my swing. A friend tried them ( he bought mp20 from Mizuno this year, was playing with some Titleist before, basically way better player than I will ever be, handicap around 5) he was surprised with the feel, didn't like the size of the GI iron but was to be expected. He hit those a little farther than his current gamer quite straight even with the more upright. I saw a lots of players with those this years until ping got so many orders that they can't keep up. No one fit those irons anymore since its 2 month + delay, callaway are around 1 - 2 week.

Just bought a set of Taylormade Sim2 Max OS irons.  Made all the difference in my game.  I suck a lot less then I did 10 days ago.  I shot my personal best this past weekend on my home course and had my first ever hole-in-one.  Was it the clubsimage.jpg.da01e14b81d1ab5f1e938358c1554975.jpg, some of it yes.  But have never hit clubs with so much confidence as I have with these.

Taylormade Sim2 Max Driver

Sub70 3-wood

Taylormade Sim2 MaxOS 5-AW

Cleveland CBX 56

Cleveland CBX 60

Scotty Cameron Special Select Fastback Putter

18 minutes ago, GStepp said:

Just bought a set of Taylormade Sim2 Max OS irons.  Made all the difference in my game.  I suck a lot less then I did 10 days ago.  I shot my personal best this past weekend on my home course and had my first ever hole-in-one.  Was it the clubsimage.jpg.da01e14b81d1ab5f1e938358c1554975.jpg, some of it yes.  But have never hit clubs with so much confidence as I have with these.

Congrats on the personal best and the hole in one. 

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I have the 0211 and I am super happy with them. With the military discount they were the cheapest set of new irons I could buy.

They are stunning to just look at . I can believe the hype about them. I had the Haywood but they seem to have more offset.

I got fitted into some Mavericks to me another club with to much offset.

sold them to.

I’m kind of a weird bird I hit my long irons better than my short irons, so I carry a 4 iron all the time.

I wish they wouldn’t get rid of 3 iron or 4 out of Gi sets.

image.jpg

Ping G 400 Max 10.5   
willwood irons 4 to pitching wedge Edisonwedges 49 53 57

taylormade big toe 60

Toulon design Las Vegas 

•  

I have the jpx 921 hot metals and I’ve loved them so far. They’re are soft and buttery feeling plus very forgiving. The top line does look fairly chunky at address but the iron category is about performance and forgiveness. No hot spots or fliers off the face so far. So far I’ve shaved 6 strokes off my game since upgrading irons. Some of the improvement has to do with gettin g better and some due to the upgrade 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

@GStepp that's awesome, congrats!

On 5/24/2021 at 8:23 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

@cnosil & @Golfspy_CG2 I would've thought that the ZX5 would be in Players Distance, and ZX4 in this Game Improvement category, especially since the 2 of you have confirmed ZX7 in the Players Iron category.  I'm sure there's something I'm missing though.

17 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

@cnosil & @Golfspy_CG2 I would've thought that the ZX5 would be in Players Distance, and ZX4 in this Game Improvement category, especially since the 2 of you have confirmed ZX7 in the Players Iron category.  I'm sure there's something I'm missing though.

I don’t pick the categories, I just know what I have been testing.  Pretty sure that Traditionally the 5 series srixons have been in GI.  ZX4 hasn’t been part of any testing to date.  There are some clubs athletes I don’t think fit in particular categories but the ZX5 is probably a good fit for GI just more toward the players side of the scale.  I am pretty sure that MGS also tries to avoid having lots of the same manufacturer in one category additionally  manufacturers may want their clubs tested in certain category.   

9 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

I've seen the ZX5's referred to in both PD and GI on various reviews. One example.

To me they seem to bridge both categories - but then there is nothing exactly definitive on these categories.  I've even read an article where they refer to them as a "players improvement iron" (PDI)... oh great, another category 🤣. I suppose what matters most is how Srixon defines them.  They seem to tread carefully on this and I suspect the reason being is that the GI market represents the mass of the player population bellcurve and they don't want to scare away perspective buyers.

19 hours ago, TBT said:

Interesting that the DCB's rated very high in Long and mid irons but very poor in short irons....that just screams for a combo set!

4-7 in DCB's & 8, 9, PW in the regular APEX 21's

That  is the exact combo--minus the 4 iron---that I would have ordered if I went that direction.

19 hours ago, TBT said:

I will also say when I did the PXG full bag fitting I hit all of their irons (except Gen 4) and the 0211 DC was as good as any of them and they were LONG..I was getting 15+ yards more carry on the 7 iron vs my current set.

The only reason they aren't in my bag right now is my college aged son put a hurting on the ole bank account in the last few months!

So if what did you think of he Gen3 vs the 0211?   Longer?  Gen3 performance not enough difference to justify the cost?   I was strongly considering PXG earlier this spring when all the full bag promos came out.  But even I have to say enough is enough with irons at some point, with having 2 brand new sets and the One Lengths coming anyway, I feel I will really need to commit to those for  long period to see if they are worth any benefit to me.   So maybe next year the Gen3 or even 4 will have another discount. 

27 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

@cnosil pretty much covered all the points in his reply.  I will say the ZX4 would probably easily slide into the SGI category, along with MAVRIK MAX, SIM2 OS G710 etc.   I actually had a pretty good argument with some dude on FB about the ZX5 when the players distance category came out.  He was mystified that they ZX5 didn't rank.  I told him that the ZX5 would most likely be in the GI category.  He said I didn't know what I was talking about that the ZX5 would be a Players iron, or possibly a Players Distance.  I asked him there where he would put the ZX7 if he put ZX5 in the Players Iron.  I think he said the would be Level 1 of Players Irons...LOL   So now not only do you have to worry about a new category..Performance Improvement Iron...but sublevels of a category....LOL  Gotta love FB, it at tmes makes Twitter seem intelligent. 

24 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I don’t pick the categories, I just know what I have been testing.  Pretty sure that Traditionally the 5 series srixons have been in GI.  ZX4 hasn’t been part of any testing to date.  There are some clubs athletes I don’t think fit in particular categories but the ZX5 is probably a good fit for GI just more toward the players side of the scale.  I am pretty sure that MGS also tries to avoid having lots of the same manufacturer in one category additionally  manufacturers may want their clubs tested in certain category.   

Good points, thanks for the info.

12 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

@cnosil pretty much covered all the points in his reply.  I will say the ZX4 would probably easily slide into the SGI category, along with MAVRIK MAX, SIM2 OS G710 etc.   I actually had a pretty good argument with some dude on FB about the ZX5 when the players distance category came out.  He was mystified that they ZX5 didn't rank.  I told him that the ZX5 would most likely be in the GI category.  He said I didn't know what I was talking about that the ZX5 would be a Players iron, or possibly a Players Distance.  I asked him there where he would put the ZX7 if he put ZX5 in the Players Iron.  I think he said the would be Level 1 of Players Irons...LOL   So now not only do you have to worry about a new category..Performance Improvement Iron...but sublevels of a category....LOL  Gotta love FB, it at tmes makes Twitter seem intelligent. 

I can see ZX4 being in the SGI, good point...it's unfortunate that someone would spend so much time arguing about what category an iron should be in.  I personally, was just curious, and I consider you the go to on stuff like this, so thank you for the information.

22 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I've seen the ZX5's referred to in both PD and GI on various reviews. One example.

To me they seem to bridge both categories - but then there is nothing exactly definitive on these categories.  I've even read an article where they refer to them as a "players improvement iron" (PDI)... oh great, another category 🤣. I suppose what matters most is how Srixon defines them.  They seem to tread carefully on this and I suspect the reason being is that the GI market represents the mass of the player population bellcurve and they don't want to scare away perspective buyers.

Thanks for sharing this video and you're right, do we really need another category?  And you and I can attest to the fact that Srixon isn't scaring anyone away from purchasing their irons...the simple fact that I've been waiting 2+ months for mine to show up is proof of that...but I get what you mean.

5 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

That  is the exact combo--minus the 4 iron---that I would have ordered if I went that direction.

So if what did you think of he Gen3 vs the 0211?   Longer?  Gen3 performance not enough difference to justify the cost?   I was strongly considering PXG earlier this spring when all the full bag promos came out.  But even I have to say enough is enough with irons at some point, with having 2 brand new sets and the One Lengths coming anyway, I feel I will really need to commit to those for  long period to see if they are worth any benefit to me.   So maybe next year the Gen3 or even 4 will have another discount. 

The Gen3 were slightly longer, felt about the same and the dispersion was very similar, definitely not enough difference to justify the higher price.

Got fitted for game improvement irons back in the beginning of April. Ended up going with DCB.  My 2nd best #'s were with the Ping G425's.  Liked the feel of both of them, but performed better with the DCB's. Now if only Club Champion would make my order so I can try them out on the course.

Driver: Cobra F6

3W: Titleist TSi3

5W: TM RocketBallz -(my favorite club)

Hybrids: Cleveland 2-4

Irons: Callaway Apex DCB 4-PW

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMB 52 & 56

Putter: TM Rossa Monte Carlo Mallet 

I have a set of the Mizuno 921's HM's and they are awesome. Tried a few different irons when i got fit and those were consistent swing after swing. No fliers, no hotspots, very forgiving, long, consistent, soft feeling. Love em. Bought them before this test based on the results of the 919 HM last year. 

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder