Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2021 Most Wanted-Game Improvement Irons

Golfspy_CG2

Thank you to all that have posted your impressions. I will be looking to get fitted in the next couple of months and am strongly considering the JPX921 Hot Metals and the G425s. I've also added the DCBs to the list based on this thread.

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

18 hours ago, Hobert said:

Thank you to all that have posted your impressions. I will be looking to get fitted in the next couple of months and am strongly considering the JPX921 Hot Metals and the G425s. I've also added the DCBs to the list based on this thread.

It would not surprise me that either of those end up as your best performer but if you have the opportunity, definitely test the Mavrik's, Srixon, TM, and Titleist.  I was very surprised during my recent fittings by which performed and which did not.  The "Most Wanted Testing" is an indicator but by no means end all. Also equally (perhaps more) important is finding the optimal shaft.  Good luck and have fun.  Please report back on how it went, what you tested and what you selected... we live for this stuff 🙂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

38 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

It would not surprise me that either of those end up as your best performer but if you have the opportunity, definitely test the Mavrik's, Srixon, TM, and Titleist.  I was very surprised during my recent fittings by which performed and which did not.  The "Most Wanted Testing" is an indicator but by no means end all. Also equally (perhaps more) important is finding the optimal shaft.  Good luck and have fun.  Please report back on how it went, what you tested and what you selected... we live for this stuff 🙂.

Thank you for the advice! I plan to keep an open mind and try anything my Pro/Fitter suggests. That said, its my personality to research and read as much as I can in advance (which of course led me to find MGS)! I will definitely report back once I get fitted and make the purchase. I am just getting back into golf, so I am putting in a bunch of work at the range and with my Pro to get back to a consistent swing before getting fitted. I can't wait though. This will be my first time getting fitted and not just buying off the rack.

Kirkland V3 

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

This is very true. Getting the shaft dialed in first will make a lot of these clubs feel much better and allow much more consistency in strikes. I would then venture to say you'll have 2-3 irons that all perform close to each other. If you get a standout winner even better. Certainly try as many heads as you can once the shaft is correct. Once you get down to the final 2-3 it'll be deciding what give/take you want. Distance, spin (or lack thereof), launch, feel, look, price, etc will play a roll at that point. Good luck!

image.png.258d22fcc4d0d25f5fdb8eea25fcd23f.png B21 9.5* w/ PX Evenflow Black 6.5

:ping-small: G410 SFT 16* 3-wood w/ PX Evenflow Black 6.5

image.png.de7870be9e5ebe2ff26fab3151edb989.png Stealth DHY 2i w/ Aldila Ascent Black Stiff

:srixon-small: z585 4-AW w/ Modus3 120x

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56.12 & 60.10 w/ Modus3 125w

image.png.a2a25073d1a41c5de1690a6254814da3.png Super Select Newport Plus -or- :odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1WS w/ Stroke Lab 

image.png.d2e91492049dce3981a9fad088921b12.png ProV1

5 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I just noticed the "removed from double secret probation" in your signature. 😂 🤣

Kirkland V3 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 2:04 PM, Hobert said:

Hello - Any updates?  Considering the G425s...

2 hours ago, Landy said:

Hello - Any updates?  Considering the G425s...

Haven't gotten fitted quite yet. Still working on a bit more consistency in my swing before I bother.

Kirkland V3 

18 hours ago, Hobert said:

Haven't gotten fitted quite yet. Still working on a bit more consistency in my swing before I bother.

Thank you, please keep us posted and good luck with the fitting.

PS - I'm also a fellow Cane...