I like your life style and just like Jamie, now I am hungry

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

8 hours ago, cnosil said:

The reviewers so far have seemed to indicate that the putter does equal to or better than their gamers.  What strategy are you using to evaluate the putter and what metrics are you going to keep? 

The way my gamer was putting it shouldn't be too hard to at least get equal.  I will do some head to head tests indoors on the mat, and then on the course will compare my putting stats to my putting stats over the last few months.  Wish I had strokes gained data for the past, but I will be able to tell quite a bit from total putts, # of 3 putts, and proximity of first putt as I focus on speed control.

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

I picked the Impact 2 because it seemed like the between mallet and blade. So far, it feels that way. As mine is different, the TA grip may take a tad more adjusting to.  I have club shafts in many colors, I will admit the black fits ok.

Spent a few hours at a practice green, and, I am still adjusting to the feel to the club in terms of distance.  Have left some short but more long.  They seem true in terms of aim; just have not adjusted to the speed feel. Markings at top of club are good. Of the just under 70 taken, I marked 30 as good for a short tap in and 8 as sunk. The remaining saw more 3+ feet long than 2+ feet short.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

6 hours ago, golfingbrock said:

Sorry I'm a day behind, but I'm thrilled to be testing the Impact No. 2 putter.  This is my 2nd test for MGS, as last year I tested the Honma TR 20 440 driver which is still in the bag (link in signature)

Though I've been a pretty decent player for awhile, putting has been the game within a game that was most likely to derail my round.  About 9 years ago, I got my Odyssey Sabertooth White Ice, which replaced my Scotty Cameron Newport 2 that I had used since high school. I recently changed the grip, and I've been toying with conventional, cross-hand, claw, pencil grips etc, but my putting has been pretty poor this season, mostly with speed controls and trust issues due to way too many 3 putts.

In March, I took the Sabertooth out of the bag, and used an old Sam Sneed Blue Ridge blade putter that my grandma bought for $5 from a garage sale 25 years ago, and I had one of my better putting rounds of the year, posting a 71. 

The next round wasn't so good, so I went back to the Sabertooth and struggled again, and then the last few rounds I got the Old Scotty back from my dad and putted decently well.  My speed control was much better and my 3 putts were down, but I didn't quite feel the same control  on shorter putts.

Here are the putters I've used over the years

image.png.44b34770b18caf1dac59bf9c4a429be6.png

I was thankful that Scotty held me over for a month til I got my hands on the Tommy Armour.  I picked the No. 2 for a couple of reasons.  

1. It did great in the MGS Most wanted testing, specifically on short to mid range putts

2. I've gone back and forth between a mallet and a blade, and this wide blade kinda fits that sweet spot

Some of the other testers did not get putter covers, but because I got mine late, I think it was shipped from a different branch, and I was fortunate to receive one.  My first impression is that this putter would get easily dinged up without a putter cover due to the materials and paint, so definitely want to keep it under covered up. The head is heavier than I expected, and it is very easy to keep square at impact. Also the face feels softer so I feel like I need to hit it harder than my other putters to get the ball to the hole.  Also I'm TBD on changing the grip. I'm used to a bigger Superstroke grip, but I'm going to use this one for at least a few weeks before I consider a change.

Anyway, you want pictures of the putter and headcover, so here they are:

image.png.f76efc4c099b880c3dd3803fbb452a1b.png

My first round was on a course with very slow greens compared to my usual, so I didn't read too much into it yet. I have a 15 ft Perfect Practice Mat in the office, so I'll be using it daily to get the feel down, and hope to have some good on the course feedback soon. 

About Me: I am 38 years old Texan, married to an Okie,  and have 2 great kids.  I am currently a 0.3, and trying to get back to scratch soon and hope to play in some local tournaments this summer.  I work in industrial sales, mostly instrumentation and filtration products, and I make sure to take breaks to putt, chip, and shoot hoops in the office.  Most of my golf is Saturday mornings, but trying to find a way to get more golf on the clock.  When I'm not at work, playing golf, tweeting, or doing projects around the house, I like to cook on my Blackstone Grill 

image.png.4d63a81d16e0c6fec8a3020955b71c66.png 

Not putter related in the least, but I want one of those Blackstone grills so bad. 

Soon....

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Not putter related in the least, but I want one of those Blackstone grills so bad. 

Soon....

Sorry, all future posts on this thread will be putter related. But at Dick's, for the same price as new Scotty ($399) you can get a 36" Blackstone with lid. Then you can get a Tommy Armour Impact putter ($149) with all the money you save from not eating out.

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

Played a round today and I think I’ve come to the conclusion that the condition of the greens makes a bigger difference than what putter I use. 🙄

Angel Park, my local course, has greens that are very “fluffy”. Not sure what type of grass it is but it rolls smooth, the problem is is gets matted down so ridges/high/low spots develop. I missed more than a few putts today because my speed was slow but the ball would catch the ridge that developed around the hole from all the people that walk up to it to pick up their ball. 🤷‍♀️

My putting was sporadic as usual but I did have one 25 footer that I made for birdie. Averaged 2.2 putts per hole. Going back through my playing history, I usually average as good as 1.7 to 1.8 or as bad as 2.4. On the days where I average less, it’s usually because I miss the green and get to chip on.

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

I've spent a few days putting around the office, and decided to grab a video today on the Perfect Practice putting mat.  This thing has great stability and control on the short to mid-range putts on the mat. Looking forward to getting on the course this weekend. 

spent an hour on the putting green putting this through its paces vs my other putters. So far middle of the pack but i will try to test this a couple more times.  I will say this putter was the best of the three on lag putts for me. As well, my distance control was better with the TA and it would allow eaiser second putts. For the distance control it went TAIII > Las Vegas > Corza Ghost.- Lots of confidence with this putter 5 ft and in. 10 ft needs some more practice, but on the course and i am going through my routine it is great.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Played a 9 hole round to see how I might approach more situational putting then simply mat or practice green. I shot alone to spectacular 45 with 24 putts. The three putts were often the aftermath from very poor chips leaving me with 30+ feet to make. Two of the first taps were left well short of the hole.  When I attempted to compensate on  one, I passed the hole by about 7'. after rimming it out.  Hitting on line was less of a problem.  I am getting much better with the over all feel of this club.

Poor taps were often simple operator error.

Still have not fallen in love with the Impact II. I wold call it a very good choice.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

the more I play with this putter, the more I like it and think that it’s working better for me. That is until I look at my stats and see that I still averaged 2.1 putts per hole…

My distance control is getting better with this and my aim is as well. Gotta get more reps in and try to get it more dialed.

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

6 minutes ago, PeterHenric said:

the more I play with this putter, the more I like it and think that it’s working better for me. That is until I look at my stats and see that I still averaged 2.1 putts per hole…

My distance control is getting better with this and my aim is as well. Gotta get more reps in and try to get it more dialed.

I fully agree with that statement for me too. Distance control is great and for the most part everything goes where it should. Whether that is right depends on how I read the green. I have never had more 3 ft and in second putts and have the confidence to knock them in. 

did a short course this morning. Putting was off but SG still at 0, so it didn’t kill me. Had two three putts due to user error because I got lazy. Not the stick. Left myself a lot of long putts and the distance control got me in make able second putt range all day. 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

Short putts are ok for me, but not any better than normal.   It's hard to tell yet, as my new home course has faster and more difficult to read greens than I've ever encountered.  

I'm still having the darndest time with long putts or trying to putt with speed.  Wondering whether it was the putter or myself, I took some video.  It's me.  😞  Here I am at impact.  Camera angle not ideal but you can see the putter is much too toe-up and it looks like I have the face shut.  I won't show the whole stroke, it looks even worse, lol. 

947275224_Screenshot_20210530-143939_VideoPlayer.jpg.1035ac3577a8841e07c2a12d6313d93f.jpg

So yea, I'm not even giving the putter a chance to hit the ball square.  Gonna spend some time on the practice green and see if I can tidy this up.  

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

Anybody ever had the lie adjusted on their putter?  Is it even possible to do on this type? 

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

Played 18 today, hited a little left with the putter most of the round. 

Here are a couple of the putts that I was able to record.

I had to combine them.

I forgot to add yesterday, the putting is a has been a the better stat for my last two rounds.

Gained 3.6 strokes on the last round.

image.png.d2c9dd632d57c375966edcc33c1c8939.png

The biggest gain is with the long putts

image.png.52cc290cbc58ec7521c96dd03aaf0fa4.png

598 feet of total first putts, and most second putts were inside 2 feet, so I am estimating another 40 feet of puts, I forgot to hit the link to mark the hole after each of the last putts.
638 give it or take total putt lengths with only 36 putts, not bad at all.

image.png.161ebb6ed041c55075d56335ee50276c.png

My Reviews:

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

On 5/30/2021 at 3:37 PM, knightsofnii said:

Anybody ever had the lie adjusted on their putter?  Is it even possible to do on this type? 

Since being fit I’ve had two putters bent -3ish degrees to be 67* lie angle. 

One was a Scotty Cameron Newport with a standard plumber’s neck, and the other was my current Evnroll ER2B with a single bend shaft.

I can’t imagine you wouldn’t be able to adjust it for a proper fit.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I was at Dicks yesterday in the putter section and saw a 38 inch #3  for $159.00.  I've seen the fusion putters long but not the regular TA at 38 inch.   It felt like an armlock type putter. Anyone else seen one of these yet?

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Finished my 2nd full 18 using the TA 2. The results were well within my 38-40 average putts. I am really getting not only getting used to this putter, but, now am pleased with the results.. I have noticed when properly owned up, I get the line I was trying to obtain. No problems with the < 6', I have the ability to sink most. >6', still have the propensity to hit too long

I had my worst round with this putter today. Granted my green reading was horrendous however I had no feel on my putts today. Hopefully this was only a blip as for the most part I like this stick. 

DAFA5893-10DE-44A3-8C52-E426D40D5485.jpeg

My Reviews:

Been fun to follow along so far... how many of you guys are going to do indoor practice or training to help determine some of the features of these putters? Or will you be doing some drills on your local practice green and if so what drills would you look at doing to help differentiate between the TA3 lineup and your current gamers?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

6 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Been fun to follow along so far... how many of you guys are going to do indoor practice or training to help determine some of the features of these putters? Or will you be doing some drills on your local practice green and if so what drills would you look at doing to help differentiate between the TA3 lineup and your current gamers?

Good question! I have done some indoor putting to a toy Elmo that is about half the size of the cup. Haha

at the putting green I’ve done some clock drills and random variability training. Need to get back on that. 

My Reviews:

13 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

I had my worst round with this putter today. Granted my green reading was horrendous however I had no feel on my putts today. Hopefully this was only a blip as for the most part I like this stick. 

DAFA5893-10DE-44A3-8C52-E426D40D5485.jpeg

Hey, I was right there with you! Couldn't buy a putt!

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

6 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

I have been practicing in our living room, which is also my wife's temporary work from home office, practicing gets a little tricky, as she kicks me out when putting towards her feet gets annoying.

I also do use a putt out, not as much to get practice, more to try and get a feel for the aiming line, from my first interactions with the putter, I feel that I am hitting a hair left, but I am still trying to find that sweet aiming spot.

I want to got and get some putting clock practice done, setting up balls at the same distance from the hole in a circular pattern and hit them with each putter so I can note the results, such as how many made from each distance using each putter.

My Reviews:

So did some quick Elmo testing. Realized why I was so off yesterday. With this putter (no 2). I cannot stand right on top of the ball. I need to hang back a little bit and then the alignment seems true. Of course if there is a miss hit, toe hits go left a little , heel goes right a little. As I mentioned prior, define sound feedback. 

My Reviews:

10 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

I have a Perfect putting mat that I've used indoors, and also my office carpets roll around a 10 so I've been able to practice speed control up to about 23 ft.  I did some head to head in the office and the TAI2 certainly holds up well.  On the course I'm focusing solely on the TAI2 and not my other putters, as I'm trying to get the feel for various greens.  

I played a terrible round on Saturday thanks to a case of the hosels, but my putting was solid.  Speed control was great, and even made 3 in the 15-25 ft range.  Practiced on Monday and also found that they rolled really true on some smooth but not fast bent greens. 

Finally getting a round on my home course this coming Saturday which has huge Bermuda greens that generally run 10+.  Will be focused of course on short/intermediate putts, and getting my lags close. I have putted defensively there recently, but from what I've seen thus far, feel pretty confident with this stick.

I have since adjusted my stance so (I think) the putter is flatter when addressing the ball.  It seems to help more with striking for longer or aggressive putts.  I think I still need more work with those as it feels like I'm pulling up at the last moment for some reason.  But I'm getting more solid long shots.  I have to admit, it's strange having a putter with any type of face technology going on inside it, as the soft feel is foreign to me, but I'm adjusting.  

Previous forum tests:

3 minutes ago, knightsofnii said:

I have since adjusted my stance so (I think) the putter is flatter when addressing the ball.  It seems to help more with striking for longer or aggressive putts.  I think I still need more work with those as it feels like I'm pulling up at the last moment for some reason.  But I'm getting more solid long shots.  I have to admit, it's strange having a putter with any type of face technology going on inside it, as the soft feel is foreign to me, but I'm adjusting.  

Before you make any adjustments to the lie angle, try holding it differently.  I like use ulnar deviation to help get the putter flat on the ground, and a good side effect of this is that it helps take my hands/wrist out of the putting stroke.  

I took a few pictures of this with my old putter as an example image.png.667dfec472172f0372ae94c625888d53.png

But also found this article about it which should be helpful

https://golf.com/instruction/putting/ulnar-deviation-putting-stroke-fix-jankowski/

How &#39;ulnar deviation&#39; can stabilize your wrists and improve your putting

47 minutes ago, golfingbrock said:

Before you make any adjustments to the lie angle, try holding it differently.  I like use ulnar deviation to help get the putter flat on the ground, and a good side effect of this is that it helps take my hands/wrist out of the putting stroke.  

I took a few pictures of this with my old putter as an example image.png.667dfec472172f0372ae94c625888d53.png

But also found this article about it which should be helpful

https://golf.com/instruction/putting/ulnar-deviation-putting-stroke-fix-jankowski/

How &#39;ulnar deviation&#39; can stabilize your wrists and improve your putting

Thanks so much for this.  I believe this is actually what I'm doing already to correct it.  I'll report back. 🙂 

Previous forum tests:

Only 9 today, the heat here in PHX nears unbearable. 81º at first tee, 97º when I teed off on the last hole.  Despite this famously dry heat, glad only played 9.  I was very happy with the 43. It was also the first time felt the TA played as well, if not slightly better than my usual gamer.

As a result of what others have said, I focused on keeping the blade flatter.  Almost no hits going left.  Not sure if this adjustment was related to the fact that I overshot the hole by >6' once. (Started with 50+ yards). I am developing a real touch.

Only 15 putts for this go around.

Got out early today so heat not a major factor during the round.  87 total with 24 putts.  My chipping was solid so only a handful of first  putts over 20'. While I am getting  used to the soft face, today was a mix of long and short. Never frustrated by the TA2 itself,  More a sense of my overthinking of putting in general.  

Edited by DrMJG

Forgot to post this Friday. Tale of two nines with the putter. (Split in two as I originally only planned to do a quick nine, just not a 1 hour front nine). Still shows a lot of promise. When I really focus it’s money but when I lose focus it can go sideways. 

worked on that focus and the grip mentioned in this regress and putts seemed to run truer  

first nine

3BAEC410-84AE-4795-B4FD-3857DF70C9E1.png.2faca9d77a3950220dbe7d768bb13bc3.png3E769945-B933-41BA-AB48-D232DFAAD42A.jpeg.7aac7eeabdb5fa40a025946eaf82dea5.jpeg

back nine

A0C7701B-DCB0-4546-88CB-3128734697E4.png.f3aa1558c7703d3c73c2a5ba4fe94d6f.pngFE3240F1-15C7-4CB9-8181-8D9191E585BA.jpeg.375223e96f1ef23f42a5ec384089dc33.jpeg

My Reviews: