Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

CG2's 2021 Driver Challenge

Golfspy_CG2

29 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I still can't get over the sound the TSi3 had when Mark was hitting it.  I need to go try it myself in an appropriate loft.

BOOM BABY!

If Titleist was on that list for promotional price reduction, I would have....But I am extremely happy with the RAD

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

9 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Update 5/20/21

Cobra RADSPEED XB

STATS:  10/10 Hit 11/14 fairways, and I posted this in the how did you play thread last week.  The 3 I missed were literally by a combined total of about 6 feet, and easily playable from the light first cut.   Longest drive was 221 yards (decent downwind and firm fairways 🙂) but had a many more in the 200 to 205 range, up from the previous week.  I attribute most of it to just feeling better on the course that day.   score was was much better as well vs the previous week.

Comfort: 10/10  As mentioned above, I just felt more comfortable overall this day vs the previous week, and it translated to the game.  Really felt like I was gong to hit every fairway.  The driver is a bit heavier than the TSI (mainly due to shaft) but felt very stable with the Ventus shaft.  I didn't anything close to a wild shot with it. 

Sound: 6/10  In the subjective category, it is much louder than the TSi, but then most other drivers are.  I wouldn't say it was annoyingly loud like some old Cobra drivers like the Cobra ZL back in the day.  Certainly not anything that would keep me from playing it, especially with a fairways hit % like that. 

Overall: 8/10  It's early on, but this will be a contender to get most of the play time for me this year.  I think a big part of it could be the Ventus shaft.   But I also do believe in the tech that has been added with the Radial weighting playing a big part of the accuracy. 

RAAAADDDDD baby! 

I'm still getting used to the Ventus in mine, but it's starting to really behave for me.  I do really enjoy the look of the infinity face and find it super easy to align while being a nice shape overall.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

9 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

RAAAADDDDD baby! 

I'm still getting used to the Ventus in mine, but it's starting to really behave for me.  I do really enjoy the look of the infinity face and find it super easy to align while being a nice shape overall.

Yeah, when I was out at Cobra in the fall of 2019 and they showed me the SZ with the Xfinity face in hand, I was so stricken by it, I think I missed the next 10 minutes of the presentation, just looking at how cool it and the face milling was. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

22 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah, when I was out at Cobra in the fall of 2019 and they showed me the SZ with the Xfinity face in hand, I was so stricken by it, I think I missed the next 10 minutes of the presentation, just looking at how cool it and the face milling was. 

Love the Cobra drivers lately and glad to see this one is working out for you.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

So glad you're back out on the course.  Thanks for letting us know why you tried these.  There are two conspicuous - contenders from major OEMs.  Care to elaborate on why you aren't giving those a spin?  

I've played with a Sim2 the last couple of rounds and am clearly longer with it than the G410, at least this time of the year.  I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on one of my very own.  I do lack a bit of consistency with it but I've only had it in my hands for a bit over a week.

Glad you saw the big jump in improvement one week to the next also.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

21 minutes ago, revkev said:

I've played with a Sim2 the last couple of rounds and am clearly longer with it than the G410, at least this time of the year. 

*So important* time of year is huge. I am sure there are folks that buy new and are typically longer middle to end of season (for me anyway rings true mid summer to fall peak season am always longer than beginning). I am similar with the rad right now where early season where fairways aren’t rolling as much I’m on average as long or longer as I was end of last season

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

30 minutes ago, revkev said:

So glad you're back out on the course.  Thanks for letting us know why you tried these.  There are two conspicuous - contenders from major OEMs.  Care to elaborate on why you aren't giving those a spin?  

I've played with a Sim2 the last couple of rounds and am clearly longer with it than the G410, at least this time of the year.  I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on one of my very own.  I do lack a bit of consistency with it but I've only had it in my hands for a bit over a week.

Glad you saw the big jump in improvement one week to the next also.

Only so much time and yet so many drivers!

But to answer your question.  I tried each SIM Model last year they just didn't fit me.  I think they are definitely meant for swings at least above 95 and probably more so over 100.    

And Callaway, well I've only ever had one Callaway driver that I liked, the Optiforce from about 8 years ago.  That said, we have the full Epic line in our fitting cart, and if I get enough time in with the ones listed, I may add it to the pack as well. 

Looking forward to following along and seeing how some of these do for you. I can't wait to get my PXG 0211 and see how it pans out, but have always enjoyed and done well with Cobra Drivers so the Rad really will be on my short list if I come to getting another late this season or next. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Sitting and waiting for the PING to win after all is said and done 😁

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

24 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

*So important* time of year is huge. I am sure there are folks that buy new and are typically longer middle to end of season (for me anyway rings true mid summer to fall peak season am always longer than beginning). I am similar with the rad right now where early season where fairways aren’t rolling as much I’m on average as long or longer as I was end of last season

And it’s the opposite for those of us who live in Florida - dry gives way to wet very soon here. 🙂

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Sound is definitely subjective but after playing drivers with some form of carbon fiber the last few years and hearing older drivers with less CF construction in them, I definitely prefer the muted crack of the newer drivers vs the old aluminum bat sound!

Will be following this to see what your feedback is for the same reasons someone else mentioned. Might be a good Christmas present for dad at end of season based on this thread!

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

Well now - in light of the MGS ball change for their testing will you be following suit?  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

26 minutes ago, golfish! said:

Sound is definitely subjective but after playing drivers with some form of carbon fiber the last few years and hearing older drivers with less CF construction in them, I definitely prefer the muted crack of the newer drivers vs the old aluminum bat sound!

Agreed. I really like the sound of the M5. Not sure how to describe it - THWACK. Not very metallic at all to my ears.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

28 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Agreed. I really like the sound of the M5. Not sure how to describe it - THWACK. Not very metallic at all to my ears.

M5 has an amazing sound.  Coming from the G30 the M5 had a driver sound/feel that was addictive to the point of making me want to hit driver off the tee even when it wasn't needed.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

4 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

M5 has an amazing sound.  Coming from the G30 the M5 had a driver sound/feel that was addictive to the point of making me want to hit driver off the tee even when it wasn't needed.

Especially when one might be in a groove like I was last night. No need for driver on 18. Fairway is only about 15 yards wide, but I needed the sound one more time.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

4 hours ago, revkev said:

Well now - in light of the MGS ball change for their testing will you be following suit?  

They followed my lead. I’ve been playing ProV for over 6 years 😬

9 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Only so much time and yet so many drivers!

But to answer your question.  I tried each SIM Model last year they just didn't fit me.  I think they are definitely meant for swings at least above 95 and probably more so over 100.    

And Callaway, well I've only ever had one Callaway driver that I liked, the Optiforce from about 8 years ago.  That said, we have the full Epic line in our fitting cart, and if I get enough time in with the ones listed, I may add it to the pack as well. 

It’s interesting to me that I’m faster with the Sim2 than the Ping G410 - I’ve averaged 94 mph my last 2 range sessions with it. Could be because the shaft is 1/2 longer than on the Ping. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

28 minutes ago, revkev said:

It’s interesting to me that I’m faster with the Sim2 than the Ping G410 - I’ve averaged 94 mph my last 2 range sessions with it. Could be because the shaft is 1/2 longer than on the Ping. 

Could be.  It is interesting how everybody just seems to have a driver that just doesn’t work to them.  

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Could be.  It is interesting how everybody just seems to have a driver that just doesn’t work to them.  

I think everyone has a bunch of clubs they bought at a some demo day or range fitting that they regret.  

I have at least 7-10 clubs that never worked well for me for more than a few weeks or a month or two.  It probably never worked for me, but I tried to adjust my swing to make it work.  

Not to mention putters, I got 5-6 flat sticks kicking around.  Its interesting, how we keep putters, since you never know when you want to put it into the bag when you know you probably won't.

The club makers must love it when they come up with the latest technology or marketing jargon that we will buy it hook line and sinker that we all believe it will be "my next gamer".  Lots of good money wasted.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

Glad to see some good results with the Cobra 11/14 fairways is no joke, like you said there is just something about feeling confident with a driver...you feel like you can never miss.

I felt that way with my old Cobra driver before it was stolen ☹️

I wish you could get your hands on the PXG line, the 0211 driver was just a fairway finder for me and it was 10 yards longer than the Callaway XR I’m playing.

Had i not had to suddenly shell out a crap ton of money to my son, it would already be in my bag....in fact the 0211DC irons would be there too.

Like @revkevsaid the TM SIM2 was pretty good for me too, played a rental set with one in Mexico and it was really long....a little wild, but very long.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

6 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Fully agreed - and it seems as if brand does matter - each OEM has its way if you will.  Doesn’t make one better than the next just one fits a particular swing better than the next for certain.  

The C’s have never seemed to work out for me - Cobra or Callaway - with driver so much so that I don’t even try them. I would have enjoyed seeing on Callaway but alas it wasn’t to be. 🙂

But I’ve gamed and loved Cobra and Callaway fairways and hybrids.

I can pretty well bet that a Ping, Titleist or TMag driver will work for me. But I played the best golf of my life with a Mizuno driver in my bag that I hated - hit it great, couldn’t stand the sound or the look, but man I was good with that thing.

The Sim2 is reminding me of the SLDR in regards to feel and performance thus far.  I could hit that thing really long (for me) but every once in a while I’d hit an ugly shot with it like I would never see out of a Ping driver.  

I’m just over a week in so we shall see. 

Can’t wait to see which works best for Rob!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

On 5/26/2021 at 8:26 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Update 5/20/21

Cobra RADSPEED XB

STATS:  10/10 Hit 11/14 fairways, and I posted this in the how did you play thread last week.  The 3 I missed were literally by a combined total of about 6 feet, and easily playable from the light first cut.   Longest drive was 221 yards (decent downwind and firm fairways 🙂) but had a many more in the 200 to 205 range, up from the previous week.  I attribute most of it to just feeling better on the course that day.   score was was much better as well vs the previous week.

Comfort: 10/10  As mentioned above, I just felt more comfortable overall this day vs the previous week, and it translated to the game.  Really felt like I was gong to hit every fairway.  The driver is a bit heavier than the TSI (mainly due to shaft) but felt very stable with the Ventus shaft.  I didn't anything close to a wild shot with it. 

Sound: 6/10  In the subjective category, it is much louder than the TSi, but then most other drivers are.  I wouldn't say it was annoyingly loud like some old Cobra drivers like the Cobra ZL back in the day.  Certainly not anything that would keep me from playing it, especially with a fairways hit % like that. 

Overall: 8/10  It's early on, but this will be a contender to get most of the play time for me this year.  I think a big part of it could be the Ventus shaft.   But I also do believe in the tech that has been added with the Radial weighting playing a big part of the accuracy. 

Great thread but more importantly, as many have already said, great to hear you're back out on the course Rob.

So the XB seems to have thumped the TSi1 pretty hard so far, or do you think part of this is you regaining speed/strength/stamina and working the kinks out as you go?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

4 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Great thread but more importantly, as many have already said, great to hear you're back out on the course Rob.

So the XB seems to have thumped the TSi1 pretty hard so far, or do you think part of this is you regaining speed/strength/stamina and working the kinks out as you go?

I absolutely think it was due to me coming off 5 months of no play and no range time to speak of, on top of my physical condition being still far below par.  It probably wasn't even fair to put the results from that round in there, as generally off the tee is my strength---no pun intended--at least from an accuracy standpoint.  I will give it another round here very soon.

Todays 5/27 Round-Srixon ZX5

Disclaimer, these results and thoughts should definitely be taken with the full understanding that it takes a lot out of me to play 18 holes, even in the senior league where we are playing tees in the 5800 range.  So I am sure I'm not getting full optimization that I normally could from these drivers, but still it was something I promised in December, so feel obligated to share the results, with that discalimer

Another disclaimer.  Today I had technical issues, apparently my subscription to Sky Caddie ran out so I couldn't use the GPS Shot Tracking feature on it.  My backup plan to use some shotscope screen shots and data, didn't' pan out as ShotScope missed several shots.   This was the issue I had with it two years ago when I used it, I don't take a very aggressive practice swing, more like a half warm up swing, so the sensors dont' always activate. I've tried to make a point to remember to do that now that I have it reinstalled on my clubs.  But haven't ingrained it in my habits yet, so the stats data I have were not all obtained from GPS tracking, some were just from me knowing the markings of the course very well.  

That said, you don't need GPS to kow if you hit or missed a fairway 🙂

Stats:  5 out of 10   

7/13 fairways One hole used 3 wood. 

Those are not near good fairway hit numbers for me. 

Three bad tee shots, 1 dead pull left, and 1 OB and 1 that didn't clear a hazard off the tee of about 185 yards.  This is a very quirky par 5 from the Senior tees, you need to carry driver about 190 yards to be safe, or you have to hit a 7 iron or something off the tee to lay up.   I chose the gambler route 🙂  

Driving distance is continuing to get somewhat back to normal, again without accurate data from the GPS's, i'm estimating but was generally very happy with the tee shots that were in play. 

Longest drive of the day was on a 348 yard par 4 that I normally have anywhere from 145 to 160 in, today I had 121, so a good 20 to 30 yards longer than normal, but it was about as good as I can hit a drive and had a bit of a draw vs my normal fad.

Comfort: 8 out of 10

I went out and played an almost complete 9 late yesterday with this driver, but we were rushing around so I didn't get any stats with it, but I began to feel vey comfortable with the set up.  It has the glossy black finish and to me sets up very square at address, has a deep enough face that I feel confident I'm going to hit it solid.  Today there was only one tee shot where I didn't feel comfortable, a dog leg left that almost demands a draw off the tee, and knowing I can rarely hit a draw--despite the above referenced shot, I tried to force it and sent the dead pull left, I also mentioned above.   But it was vey hot coming off the face..ha  But for the most part every time I set up with it, I was confident I was going to hit a solid shot. 

Sound: 8 out of 10

Somewhere between the TSi1 and the RadSpeed.  Not as loud as the RAD, but not the sharp crack of the TSi.  This sound didn't bother me at all.  

Overall:  7 out of 10

I will definitely want to get another round or two in with this one, and I'm sure I would hit more fairways with it than this round.  It's got a great looking headcover that is easy to take on and off as well, that's a plus!!   It got a nice comment from my playing partner, along with the Srixon irons.   He said, "you're a Srixon guy huh?"  I said yeah, among others 🙂

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Todays 5/27 Round-Srixon ZX5

Disclaimer, these results and thoughts should definitely be taken with the full understanding that it takes a lot out of me to play 18 holes, even in the senior league where we are playing tees in the 5800 range.  So I am sure I'm not getting full optimization that I normally could from these drivers, but still it was something I promised in December, so feel obligated to share the results, with that discalimer

Another disclaimer.  Today I had technical issues, apparently my subscription to Sky Caddie ran out so I couldn't use the GPS Shot Tracking feature on it.  My backup plan to use some shotscope screen shots and data, didn't' pan out as ShotScope missed several shots.   This was the issue I had with it two years ago when I used it, I don't take a very aggressive practice swing, more like a half warm up swing, so the sensors dont' always activate. I've tried to make a point to remember to do that now that I have it reinstalled on my clubs.  But haven't ingrained it in my habits yet, so the stats data I have were not all obtained from GPS tracking, some were just from me knowing the markings of the course very well.  

That said, you don't need GPS to kow if you hit or missed a fairway 🙂

Stats:  5 out of 10   

7/13 fairways One hole used 3 wood. 

Those are not near good fairway hit numbers for me. 

Three bad tee shots, 1 dead pull left, and 1 OB and 1 that didn't clear a hazard off the tee of about 185 yards.  This is a very quirky par 5 from the Senior tees, you need to carry driver about 190 yards to be safe, or you have to hit a 7 iron or something off the tee to lay up.   I chose the gambler route 🙂  

Driving distance is continuing to get somewhat back to normal, again without accurate data from the GPS's, i'm estimating but was generally very happy with the tee shots that were in play. 

Longest drive of the day was on a 348 yard par 4 that I normally have anywhere from 145 to 160 in, today I had 121, so a good 20 to 30 yards longer than normal, but it was about as good as I can hit a drive and had a bit of a draw vs my normal fad.

Comfort: 8 out of 10

I went out and played an almost complete 9 late yesterday with this driver, but we were rushing around so I didn't get any stats with it, but I began to feel vey comfortable with the set up.  It has the glossy black finish and to me sets up very square at address, has a deep enough face that I feel confident I'm going to hit it solid.  Today there was only one tee shot where I didn't feel comfortable, a dog leg left that almost demands a draw off the tee, and knowing I can rarely hit a draw--despite the above referenced shot, I tried to force it and sent the dead pull left, I also mentioned above.   But it was vey hot coming off the face..ha  But for the most part every time I set up with it, I was confident I was going to hit a solid shot. 

Sound: 8 out of 10

Somewhere between the TSi1 and the RadSpeed.  Not as loud as the RAD, but not the sharp crack of the TSi.  This sound didn't bother me at all.  

Overall:  7 out of 10

I will definitely want to get another round or two in with this one, and I'm sure I would hit more fairways with it than this round.  It's got a great looking headcover that is easy to take on and off as well, that's a plus!!   It got a nice comment from my playing partner, along with the Srixon irons.   He said, "you're a Srixon guy huh?"  I said yeah, among others 🙂

This is one that was on my list for this year,  but when I tested it at the PGA Superstore it was a “hook machine”.....not draws, I mean big ugly quacking duck hooks.

I play a decent draw and my miss is a hook or a pull hook so I think this one is just too draw biased for me.

7 minutes ago, TBT said:

This is one that was on my list for this year,  but when I tested it at the PGA Superstore it was a “hook machine”.....not draws, I mean big ugly quacking duck hooks.

I play a decent draw and my miss is a hook or a pull hook so I think this one is just too draw biased for me.

I would say based on some other times I’ve had it out, it is definitely more left oriented than either of the other two, I’ve had out for 18 so far.   

The drive i mentioned was the best of the day was described by one of my playing partners as a beautiful “gentle” draw.   So I can see where someone who already has a natural draw swing might think this is too much.  That said the majority of my tee shots all day were my natural fade.  

This setup launches the ball pretty high as well, I neglected to mention that above.  

Perhaps the ZX7 might be better suited to you.  

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I would say based on some other times I’ve had it out, it is definitely more left oriented than either of the other two, I’ve had out for 18 so far.   

The drive i mentioned was the best of the day was described by one of my playing partners as a beautiful “gentle” draw.   So I can see where someone who already has a natural draw swing might think this is too much.  That said the majority of my tee shots all day were my natural fade.  

This setup launches the ball pretty high as well, I neglected to mention that above.  

Perhaps the ZX7 might be better suited to you.  

Very possible, they didn’t have a ZX7 demo the day I was there. I will say the few good balls I hit with the ZX5 were BOMBS.....maybe not Phil BOMBS....but BOMBS for me.

1 hour ago, TBT said:

Very possible, they didn’t have a ZX7 demo the day I was there. I will say the few good balls I hit with the ZX5 were BOMBS.....maybe not Phil BOMBS....but BOMBS for me.

I think based on a few other times with it and today, it has the potential to be among the longest in this group. 

Every time I see this thread and "challenge" in the title, I immediately think Rob is having a contest and thinning out unwanted inventory in the backroom... hey, a guy can dream can't he? 😆

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 5/25/2021 at 4:26 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Titleist TSi1 5/13/21

It's first up as it is the  first one I had a full 18 hole round in with.

Probably unfair to this club to say much about it as it was the unfortunate choice to go out on my maiden voyage.  As mentioned above, I had not played since November of last year and it showed.  The Tee game was off, and usually it's one of my strengths from an accuracy standpoint anyway.

Fairway Hit: 7/14-This is very low for me.  Usually I'm at least in the 10 range, as I don't hit it very far, I am generally very accurate.  A couple of the misses were big misses and a few were definitely playable from short rough.

Distance: I had my SX 500 for this round.  Nothing outstanding distance wise, the fairways hit drives all ranged from 175 to 192, there was a bit of wind that played in both directions.

Comfort-8/10 I'll add this very subjective category, but I feel it's important.  How confident do I feel standing on the tee with the club and how easy is it to swing--which granted may be due a lot to the shaft specs-  But this driver feels great to me, obviously the light weight shaft helps, but it swings very easy and I feel confident with it over the ball, despite the less than great numbers.

Sound-10/10-The always controversial subject of sound.  Many say they dont' care what a driver sounds like if it goes straight.   I do care a bit, I won't not play a great driver due to sound, but there is something about a great sounding driver that just makes you feel like you nailed it.  The TSi is probably the best sounding driver I can remember hitting.  I think this bore out in a lot of what you may have read in the TSi review thread.

Overall-I won't grade them until the end, but this is a driver I expect to do very good things for me before the season is out, and am looking forward to it.

VERY happy to hear you're back at it! Coming back from COVID took me a long while and I hope your journey back to 100% moves quickly! 

Love the idea of a driver shootout.  

As you mentioned, the TSi line has to be one of the top sounding drivers out right now. I have not heard anyone complain about the sound on any one of the models, as for me, I am in love with the TSi3 sound. Looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts on the other clubs in your line up. 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)