TESTERS WANTED! ×

CG2's 2021 Driver Challenge

Golfspy_CG2

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

It seemed to favor my natural shot shape of a fade.  With an occasional accidental draw.

Oh good!  Now I know we have the same “preferred” shot shape as well! Haha

Sad to see the Callaway not match up well for you, but we thank you for giving it a try.  I agree with you that there are some brands/designs that just do not suit my eye or feel and I never hit well with them.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Todays 6/3 Callaway Epic MAX  10.5  Shaft HZRDUS Smoke IM10 5.5 50g  Sliding weight played in the stock neutral position. 

This wasn't on my original list, but due to some request and the MWT results I was able to put it in.  Gotta give the people what they want.

I have personally never really found a Callaway driver that lite my fire and I've either had or tried all the recent ones.  Spoiler alert this one really didn't' either. 

As luck would have it, I actually had some range time with this before the round.  And I didn't notice anything outstanding or horrible on the range, it was just ok.   It seemed to favor my natural shot shape of a fade.  With an occasional accidental draw.   But I felt good enough to go to the first tee with it. 

Stats:  4/10    

6/13 fairways One hole  I used 3 wood. 

I will say I had maybe 2 dead solid straight shots that if there had been a straightest drive contest, I would have walked away with the prize and ironically they were on two of the tightest driving holes of the course.  Distance wise though just right in the pack with everything else I've been hitting 185 to 200. 

I did have my SX500 back in working order for this round, so I tracked every drive.  There were no record long out of the blue drives. 

The prevalent shape was the fade, maybe not as high as I hit with the Srixon.  But high enough to be effective.  No draws on the course, but I did have 3 or 4 dead pulls, which were definitely generated by a quick OTT move. 

Comfort: 5/10

I actually hit a great tee shot on the first hole a Par 5 that does have a pretty generous fairway, but gives you zero room to miss left or right if you stray form that fairway.  So we were off to a good start,  But the 2nd hole was one of those quick OTT moves that I mentioned above.   Same thing on the 4th hole, so needless to say by now I had some doubts in my mind on what was going to happen each time I was ready to pull the trigger.  The rest of the round was just that, hit a fairway, miss a fairway.  To be fair, only one of those misses off the fairway resulted in a lost ball/penalt stroke but the other misses left me in less than ideal positions for my 2nd shot, one of the led to a lost ball penalty on the 2nd shot which was probably a result of trying to recover from the poor position it was in off the tee. 

So it was disappointing to say the least.  

Sound: 8/10

Nothing here to rave or complain about, as most are familiar the composite crowns of the Callaways lead to a more muted sound the crack of a bat sound that I prefer.  But if the results had been great, I certainly would have been fine with the sound.  

Overall:  5/10

So nothing about this driver changed my previous experience or opinions of Callaway drivers. They just aren't for me.  I can't argue against the MWT results and the many other golfers who rave about the driver and how it works for them.  That is what it's all about.   As Adam always likes to say, "There is no one driver for everyone, but there is one driver for everyone" 

I'm not saying I won't give this another round some day just to see if anything changes.  Just as I will the TSi1 since I tried it first out of the gate coming back from a long time off. 

I always wonder how our like or dislike of a certain brand can play into your results. I’m not saying you’re being biased, but confidence with clubs definitely plays a part in results at least in my opinion.

back when Callaway first released the heaven wood everybody was raving about how easy it was to hear and how long they hit it so I went out and bought, the first rain session I had nothing but snap books so I immediately decided that I couldn’t hit Callaway fairway woods. Anytime anytime a callaway fairway word is given to me I am mediately have a picture in my mind of hitting big snap hooks.

Just food for thought 

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

23 minutes ago, TBT said:

I always wonder how our like or dislike of a certain brand can play into your results. I’m not saying you’re being biased, but confidence with clubs definitely plays a part in results at least in my opinion.

back when Callaway first released the heaven wood everybody was raving about how easy it was to hear and how long they hit it so I went out and bought, the first rain session I had nothing but snap books so I immediately decided that I couldn’t hit Callaway fairway woods. Anytime anytime a callaway fairway word is given to me I am mediately have a picture in my mind of hitting big snap hooks.

Just food for thought 

I get that. But I honestly don’t dislike Callaway drivers—for the reasons you might think I would.   I just never seen to have long term success with them.  Now maybe the previous lack of success creeps into my mind with them and affects my swing.  But I wouldn’t say it’s a feeling of disliking them.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

16 hours ago, cnosil said:

Rob,  to have long term success with a club you have to have it in the bag long term.   

I am enjoying your driver reviews though. 

Hmmh. Maybe success could equal long term 🤔

16 hours ago, cnosil said:

Rob,  to have long term success with a club you have to have it in the bag long term.   

I am enjoying your driver reviews though. 

SHOTS FIRED! MAN DOWN! 😂

On 6/4/2021 at 12:34 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Todays 6/3 Callaway Epic MAX  10.5  Shaft HZRDUS Smoke IM10 5.5 50g  Sliding weight played in the stock neutral position. 

This wasn't on my original list, but due to some request and the MWT results I was able to put it in.  Gotta give the people what they want.

I have personally never really found a Callaway driver that lite my fire and I've either had or tried all the recent ones.  Spoiler alert this one really didn't' either. 

As luck would have it, I actually had some range time with this before the round.  And I didn't notice anything outstanding or horrible on the range, it was just ok.   It seemed to favor my natural shot shape of a fade.  With an occasional accidental draw.   But I felt good enough to go to the first tee with it. 

Stats:  4/10    

6/13 fairways One hole  I used 3 wood. 

I will say I had maybe 2 dead solid straight shots that if there had been a straightest drive contest, I would have walked away with the prize and ironically they were on two of the tightest driving holes of the course.  Distance wise though just right in the pack with everything else I've been hitting 185 to 200. 

I did have my SX500 back in working order for this round, so I tracked every drive.  There were no record long out of the blue drives. 

The prevalent shape was the fade, maybe not as high as I hit with the Srixon.  But high enough to be effective.  No draws on the course, but I did have 3 or 4 dead pulls, which were definitely generated by a quick OTT move. 

I actually hit a great tee shot on the first hole a Par 5 that does have a pretty generous fairway, but gives you zero room to miss left or right if you stray form that fairway.  So we were off to a good start,  But the 2nd hole was one of those quick OTT moves that I mentioned above.   Same thing on the 4th hole, so needless to say by now I had some doubts in my mind on what was going to happen each time I was ready to pull the trigger.  The rest of the round was just that, hit a fairway, miss a fairway.  To be fair, only one of those misses off the fairway resulted in a lost ball/penalt stroke but the other misses left me in less than ideal positions for my 2nd shot, one of the led to a lost ball penalty on the 2nd shot which was probably a result of trying to recover from the poor position it was in off the tee. 

So it was disappointing to say the least.  

Nothing here to rave or complain about, as most are familiar the composite crowns of the Callaways lead to a more muted sound the crack of a bat sound that I prefer.  But if the results had been great, I certainly would have been fine with the sound.  

Overall:  5/10

So nothing about this driver changed my previous experience or opinions of Callaway drivers. They just aren't for me.  I can't argue against the MWT results and the many other golfers who rave about the driver and how it works for them.  That is what it's all about.   As Adam always likes to say, "There is no one driver for everyone, but there is one driver for everyone" 

I'm not saying I won't give this another round some day just to see if anything changes.  Just as I will the TSi1 since I tried it first out of the gate coming back from a long time off. 

I had the same problem with the Epic Max. It looks great and sounds pretty good but doesn’t go very far for me.

It doesn’t have the slight fade that my Titleist TSI3 or my old TM M3 have.  It is more of a draw with a lot more spin. I also had problems getting it square in the middle of the face so my smash factor was quite low. 

I do have to admit I didn’t spend a lot of time on the GC Quad trying to fix the spin and draw problems.  

It was surprising since it did really well in the MGS tests.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

This weeks Driver June 10 Mizuno ST-X

Stats:  6/10    

6/10 fairways. A few holes set up short and more designed for 3 wood than driver.  

It actually gets high marks for accuracy the 6/10 is a bit deceiving as the 4 misses were all very playable, not one bad drive really in the mix from an accuracy standpoint.  All just barely in first cuts of rough and just about all had the same ball flight, didn't very much at all from my normal slight fade shot, no matter the line I started it on.   However distance is what kept this from getting higher marks.  It is without a doubt the shortest driver of the batch that I have it so far.  It's well documented that I'm not a long hitter and even shorter since my recent return from COVID, but this was consistently 10 to 20 yards shorter than any other drives I have hit this year, I think the longest was 182 and I hit some very solid what looked to be good drives coming off the club and then got out there and they just didn't measure up.   All were measured with my SX500 and we had dry firm conditions with no wind to speak of.   Matter of fact my longest drive of the day came with my ZX 3 wood at 205 yards..(note that club will need a review of it's own...it's that good!) 

see below in comfort for some more thoughts on this. 

This driver feels and is heavy.  It's head weight is 204 grams, which is a good 10 grams heavier than some other companies drivers.  The X is a "draw" biased driver which other companies that offer that model typically offer it in a lighter weight as often the draw bias demographic is an older slower swinging crowd---hand raised.   Mizuno does have the J Spec option in this driver with a bit longer shaft and lighter weight head, which I believe comes with a 194 gram head.  So perhaps that is the route I should have gone.

I would say the heavier weight might have helped with the accuracy of the driver, not that I'm in accurate by any means. Last weeks results not withstanding, but perhaps it helped keep the club path a bit more on plane and was partially responsible for the tighter dispersion I mentioned.  But I need all the distance a driver can muster, so this one fell a bit short in that regard---no pun intended 🙂

No issues here at all, it has a nice sound for a carbon fiber crown construction.  A bit more of a crack than the Epic but not what you'd get from the TSI--which is on a whole different level of sound than any other driver--IMO! 

Overall:  6/10

I would say if accuracy is your primary need you might really want to give this one a look, along with I'm sure the PING G425.   As it shines in that area, I did like how I was able to count on the consistent flight it was going to provide, not so much in height but in direction.    The lack of distance compared to some of the others in my lineup is a deal breaker for me.  But for others that may not be an issue.   If I have the time---and money, I may look at trading it for the Japan Spec model later in the year just to see. 

2 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

6/10 fairways. A few holes set up short and more designed for 3 wood than driver.  

It actually gets high marks for accuracy the 6/10 is a bit deceiving as the 4 misses were all very playable, not one bad drive really in the mix from an accuracy standpoint.  All just barely in first cuts of rough and just about all had the same ball flight, didn't very much at all from my normal slight fade shot, no matter the line I started it on.   However distance is what kept this from getting higher marks.  It is without a doubt the shortest driver of the batch that I have it so far.  It's well documented that I'm not a long hitter and even shorter since my recent return from COVID, but this was consistently 10 to 20 yards shorter than any other drives I have hit this year, I think the longest was 182 and I hit some very solid what looked to be good drives coming off the club and then got out there and they just didn't measure up.   All were measured with my SX500 and we had dry firm conditions with no wind to speak of.   Matter of fact my longest drive of the day came with my ZX 3 wood at 205 yards..(note that club will need a review of it's own...it's that good!) 

This driver feels and is heavy.  It's head weight is 204 grams, which is a good 10 grams heavier than some other companies drivers.  The X is a "draw" biased driver which other companies that offer that model typically offer it in a lighter weight as often the draw bias demographic is an older slower swinging crowd---hand raised.   Mizuno does have the J Spec option in this driver with a bit longer shaft and lighter weight head, which I believe comes with a 194 gram head.  So perhaps that is the route I should have gone.

I would say the heavier weight might have helped with the accuracy of the driver, not that I'm in accurate by any means. Last weeks results not withstanding, but perhaps it helped keep the club path a bit more on plane and was partially responsible for the tighter dispersion I mentioned.  But I need all the distance a driver can muster, so this one fell a bit short in that regard---no pun intended 🙂

No issues here at all, it has a nice sound for a carbon fiber crown construction.  A bit more of a crack than the Epic but not what you'd get from the TSI--which is on a whole different level of sound than any other driver--IMO! 

I would say if accuracy is your primary need you might really want to give this one a look, along with I'm sure the PING G425.   As it shines in that area, I did like how I was able to count on the consistent flight it was going to provide, not so much in height but in direction.    The lack of distance compared to some of the others in my lineup is a deal breaker for me.  But for others that may not be an issue.   If I have the time---and money, I may look at trading it for the Japan Spec model later in the year just to see. 

The Mizuno drivers over the past few years have really been to my liking. I haven't hit the new ones so nice to get some insight on what you feel these drivers are like. I would certainly be in the accuracy camp and will certainly have this on the short list to try in the coming month or so. Pretty sure the TGF had me into a mizuno as well... either way good write up and looking forward to what is next in line!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

9 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I think it needs an Autoflex thrown in it…………

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

@Golfspy_CG2 I didn’t pay that much attention to your earlier review but you point out in this on that even though you missed the fairway they were still playable.  That is a key point and something that my coach has me look at.  Fairways hit is a nice metric,  it it is more important to look at drives that do not allow you the ability to make your next shot at the green. Might want to look and quality that fairway hit number a bit.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Rob, first and foremost, I'm glad you are doing better!  I've been away for a bit and I am just now seeing this.  What a great idea.  How did/do you decide what driver to play on a particular day?  Why the Titleist first and not say middle or last?  I think we may need a second opinion, so I can meet you over your way and pick up the drivers from you and run another test with a full write up if needed!  😆😆😆

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

@Golfspy_CG2 I didn’t pay that much attention to your earlier review but you point out in this on that even though you missed the fairway they were still playable.  That is a key point and something that my coach has me look at.  Fairways hit is a nice metric,  it it is more important to look at drives that do not allow you the ability to make your next shot at the green. Might want to look and quality that fairway hit number a bit.  

Yeah. In another post.  Eithet in this thread or some other thread. I mentioned I created my own stat.  RIGIR, basically it was the number of greens I had a realistic chance to hit in regulation.  That takes two things into consideration.   On a 400 yard par 4, no matter how good my drive is.  I will have a very small realistic chance of hitting the green to looking at a 180 or more yard second shot even if I hit the fairway. Yet on the other hand, say I only have 130 yards left on a 340 yard hole but I’m literally 2 feet into the first cut.  I have a realistic chance of hitting that green.   To me those two different stats are more helpful than the typical GIR.  I go over those in my head after each round.  I probably should have made that an official stat to track in this challenge.  Perhaps I will on the 2nd go round with each one.  

4 hours ago, ballplayer002003 said:

Rob, first and foremost, I'm glad you are doing better!  I've been away for a bit and I am just now seeing this.  What a great idea.  How did/do you decide what driver to play on a particular day?  Why the Titleist first and not say middle or last?  I think we may need a second opinion, so I can meet you over your way and pick up the drivers from you and run another test with a full write up if needed!  😆😆😆

Thanks John.  Why did I start with Titleist.   Well it’s Titleist.  Ha.  

Seriously.  There has been no real scientific thought into the order of them.  They will all get at least a 2nd chance on course and at some point each will get LM data.  

I’d love for you to head over and join in the fun.  Just remember these don’t have rebar shafts that you’d need 😬

A quick range session late this afternoon got my attention and earned it a spot in the tryouts! 

I really liked the Sim2, but generally the TSi3 worked better for me. Also it sounds and feels great too. I was surprised since I have loved gaming the M3 for a while now. 

My dispersion after dialing in (each for full 1 hour fittings) both clubs were very close. I tried stock and premium shafts with both as well, but ended up being fitted to stock shafts.

The Sim2 actually flew consistently farther but it was less straight for me.  The TSi3 was working well for me even on mishits.  

The face seems very hot across a wider area on the TSi3 even if the Sim2 is a Twist Face.

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

I played with a Sim2 earlier this year, hit it pretty good but I tended to over hook the ball with it.

6 hours ago, TBT said:

I played with a Sim2 earlier this year, hit it pretty good but I tended to over hook the ball with it.

Did you try opening the face?

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 6/11/2021 at 12:54 PM, cnosil said:

Totally agree. FW's hit is a very subjective stat. I play in a league that tracks FW's hit. So you pull one in the trees and bounce off the trees into the FW, fairway hit. You hit a worm burner that goes 60 yards but rolls into the fw, fairway hit. Then you purposely hit a drive left on a dogleg right leaving you in perfect position but it rolls 3" into the first cut, no fairway.

I use something like Rob's stat. I don't count any lucky fw's hit but I do count it if I hit it exactly where I aim it even if it lands in the rough. 

1 hour ago, garyt1957 said:

Totally agree. FW's hit is a very subjective stat. I play in a league that tracks FW's hit. So you pull one in the trees and bounce off the trees into the FW, fairway hit. You hit a worm burner that goes 60 yards but rolls into the fw, fairway hit. Then you purposely hit a drive left on a dogleg right leaving you in perfect position but it rolls 3" into the first cut, no fairway.

I use something like Rob's stat. I don't count any lucky fw's hit but I do count it if I hit it exactly where I aim it even if it lands in the rough. 

I totally agree. This is PGA stat not really a mainstream golfer stat.

With new technology. May be Arrcos can or may be it does… track avg distance from center of the fairway. 

This is similar to green in reg stat. I would rather be 10 ft from the pin on the fringe than 60 ft from the pin on the green. Total distance of putts made in a round would be a great stat. 

2 hours ago, garyt1957 said:

Y'know, I track fairways too, but honestly for me it's how many penalties or punch outs do I need to take with a driver. If the number is low to 0, then it's going in the bag 😄 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

On 6/11/2021 at 12:54 PM, cnosil said:

I like this - I could heal a driver 190 yards on a 410 yard hole and be in the fairway where as I might go after it and over draw it a bit and hit it 235 in the rough.  I can hit that 9 wood on the green from the rough. I have nothing that this getting me there from 220 unless it's another driver off a tee that I sneak under it while no one is looking. 🙂

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 2 weeks later...

Just stumbled across this thread, have to backtrack and catch up👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

18 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Up next week might be the PING G425, I had brief range session  with it last week, along side the SIM2 and it was just OK.  But there has been so much said about it, I feel it needs to get a try.   

The SIM2 really seems to be geared towards amateurs with all of the real-world reviews I've seen on it. I'll be interested to see how it fares against the 425. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

21 hours ago, Rickp said:

Just stumbled across this thread, have to backtrack and catch up👍

Caught up!!  Looking to the Ping G425!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Sounds like the Sim2 has made its way from waiver wire extra to contender. 🙂

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

2 hours ago, revkev said:

Sounds like the Sim2 has made its way from waiver wire extra to contender.🙂

LOl.  Yeah, that or an undrafted Free Agent 🤪