TESTERS WANTED! ×

2021 U.S. Women's Open

fixyurdivot

I'm hoping to catch some of this event.  Open Championships are unique to themselves.  Roughly 1600 players signed up for qualifying rounds - wow!  

2021 U.S. Women's Open Qualifying Results (usga.org)

And how about this U.S. Women’s Open: Chloe Kovelesky, 14, youngest golfer to qualify (usatoday.com)   .... just 14 years old... crazy.

No idea who to pick in this race... you?

2020 U.S. Women's Open: Home

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Picking a winner seems almost impossible. Last one A Lim Kim birdied the last two holes and that won her the tournament. The usual suspects will be hanging around the top, but there has been so many breakthrough wins in the past few years. Should be a fun tournament to watch. The match play starting today will be great too. Great to see the women’s game getting some good attention.

DOn't forget about this weekend's Bank of Hope event. https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/bank-of-hope-lpga-match-play/overview

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

55 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

DOn't forget about this weekend's Bank of Hope event. https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/bank-of-hope-lpga-match-play/overview

I need another TV.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Did you see that Ciganda won on the 18th hole and the was later assessed a slow play penalty to lose the match?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Did you see that Ciganda won on the 18th hole and the was later assessed a slow play penalty to lose the match?

Didn't see it but just read about it. The one who always seems to be on the edge of slow play but hasn't yet been penalized is Brooke Henderson. The back and forth between her and her sister on greens drives me crazy. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 5/26/2021 at 4:33 PM, cnosil said:

Most of the women are slow.  I watched the championship match between Ewing and Popov... wrist-slitting slow.  Granted, they had to be tired, but C'mon Ladies!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

14 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Most of the women are slow.  I watched the championship match between Ewing and Popov... wrist-slitting slow.  Granted, they had to be tired, but C'mon Ladies!!

I think both the men and women are that slow.  With only 2 players on the course you see every shot and their preparation for every shot.  No other match to cut over too.  

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Well this will be interesting -  the Korda sisters will be paired together for the first time this week. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

27 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I was able to volunteer to be a walking scorer for the NCAA Men's Regional held here at UNM, and I was talking to one of the players about slow play, and he was saying that it gets stupid how slow some of these college players are...and the majority of them don't have caddies, so there's no real discussion going on that would slow them down.  I felt like we were moving pretty well that day, until we got to #11, which is a par three...and there were 3 groups waiting to tee off...and not a single group got on the green and then waved for the next group to hit their tee shots...they all just waited for each group ahead of them to finish out the hole.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

2 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

I was able to volunteer to be a walking scorer for the NCAA Men's Regional held here at UNM, and I was talking to one of the players about slow play, and he was saying that it gets stupid how slow some of these college players are...and the majority of them don't have caddies, so there's no real discussion going on that would slow them down.  I felt like we were moving pretty well that day, until we got to #11, which is a par three...and there were 3 groups waiting to tee off...and not a single group got on the green and then waved for the next group to hit their tee shots...they all just waited for each group ahead of them to finish out the hole.

I've volunteered for several successive years at our region U.S. Open Qualifier. Interestingly, at the previous qualifier in 2019 very few had caddies. This year it was unusual to see a player without one, however, they were moving along pretty quickly. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

38 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I think both the men and women are that slow.  With only 2 players on the course you see every shot and their preparation for every shot.  No other match to cut over too.  

I get that.  However, since we got to see them walking between shots, we also got to see how long they took once they got to their balls.  That's what I was focusing on.  The par 3 #17 was particularly brutal, and after finally selecting clubs, they both hit awful shots; Ewing twice!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Slow play is an epidemic on the LPGA Tour.  It's not a few players.  It's not even half the players.  It's every single one of them!  I still love to watch them play but they are brutally slow!

As for the Women's US Open at Olympic Club, I think control and short game wins much like it did for Webb Simpson.  I think Lydia Ko is trending toward a major win given recent form.  That's my pick.

Being an east coaster, I'm happy to have both national championships on at prime-time!

54 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Slow play is an epidemic on the LPGA Tour.  It's not a few players.  It's not even half the players.  It's every single one of them!  I still love to watch them play but they are brutally slow!

They are not all slow, but a large percentage are.  When I volunteered at the Pure Silk 2 of my 4 groups were put on the clock.  One of the players was painfully slow.  

22 minutes ago, cnosil said:

They are not all slow, but a large percentage are.  When I volunteered at the Pure Silk 2 of my 4 groups were put on the clock.  One of the players was painfully slow.  

You're probably right but man, it seems like they are all painfully slow.  

I saw someone (Data Golf maybe) posted a breakdown of their stats over the course of three years on Twitter a year or so ago.  LPGA players were more under par AFTER being placed on the clock than they were previously.  Being on the clock is obviously a smaller sample size but I think it does reflect on the notion that playing faster, eliminating overthought, often leads to better play.

As seen in past LPGA majors, anyone can win; hard to pick a winner.

However, I have to go with In Bee Park.  She has the game for a US Open.

I'd like to see Jennifer Kupcho do well.

Lucy Li is in the field.  Whatever happened to her?  She was supposed to be the second coming of Michelle Wie.

24 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Lucy Li is in the field.  Whatever happened to her?  She was supposed to be the second coming of Michelle Wie.

Terrible timing!  She turned pro in late 2019, shortly after the USGA came after her and Apple for the watch commercial.  That was a few short months before the world came to a sudden stop.  Without status anywhere in the world and the Symetra Tour season cancelled in 2020, she was left without opportunity.  She's been practicing and playing mini-tour events as best she can for the past year and a half. 

7 hours ago, sixcat said:

As for the Women's US Open at Olympic Club, I think control and short game wins much like it did for Webb Simpson.  I think Lydia Ko is trending toward a major win given recent form.  That's my pick.

Being an east coaster, I'm happy to have both national championships on at prime-time!

I will second that - about the championships on at Prime Time!  

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

7 hours ago, sixcat said:

I hope they play a little faster this week.  The last group goes off at 2:57pm PDT.  I wonder how many groups will not finish because of darkness.

Just now, Kenny B said:

I hope they play a little faster this week.  The last group goes off at 2:57pm PDT.  I wonder how many groups will not finish because of darkness.

that's pretty much just over 4.5 hours of daylight. Going to be cutting it real close for last couple groups

4 minutes ago, ACA_619 said:

that's pretty much just over 4.5 hours of daylight. Going to be cutting it real close for last couple groups

I have a feeling the last group will be a little late teeing off.

55 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Wasn't the average round times on Thursday and Friday of the ANA approaching 6 hours?

4 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I have a feeling the last group will be a little late teeing off.

They will tee off at the correct time;  it will just slow down from there.  Typically they space it out enough for the prior group to be on the first green before they reach the next tee time.   Don't really see backups on hole one. 

7 minutes ago, cnosil said:

They will tee off at the correct time;  it will just slow down from there.  Typically they space it out enough for the prior group to be on the first green before they reach the next tee time.   Don't really see backups on hole one. 

Going to be windy... in excess of 20 mph.

4 minutes ago, tonyj5 said:

Very strangely, they ate teeing off on holes 1 and 9 today (not 10).

That is definitely odd