Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Motocaddy 7 Electric Trolley

Bubbly Pop

I had been researching electric push carts for about the past year (i.e. trolley's) because I like to walk when playing, but a hip issue is aggravated when I have to push my cart 18 holes (yeah, I'm getting older).  In early April I decided to purchase the Motocaddy 7 (it came from the UK) and I received it a couple of weeks ago.  Very sleek and compact unit, seemed easy to use.  I read all the instructions, charged the battery and remote overnight, and it worked well in my backyard when I tested it out before going to the course.  First round with it, six holes in, it stopped running and wouldn't respond to the remote.  Took it home, tried recharging everything, plugged it in, nothing, no power to the cart even though the battery and remote reflects they are fully charged.  Contacted Motocaddy via their site and received a "we are real busy and will get to you when we can".  A week later still nothing.  At this point I feel a little like I may have purchased a $1,500 non-motorized push cart.  Until these are readily available via a U.S. distributor I wouldn't bother investing in one.            

:ping-small: G425 Driver - 10.5 degree

Callaway EPIC MAX 3W

Callaway Heavenwood 7W 

:ping-small: G425 4 Hybrid - 22 degree

Takomo 201's - Nippon MODUS 105 shafts

:scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 8 Putter - Original "Two Thumb" grip 

Edel Trapper Wedge Lob Wedge 60 Degree Used Golf Club at GlobalGolf.com 54 and 58 degree V-Grind SMS wedges

I also have an M7 Remote and it has worked flawlessly over the 40 rounds I have used it this year.  It definitely a bummer yours is not working.  You might try contacting Golf Sellers Direct via their website to see if they can help.  My understanding is they are the primary authorized Motocaddy service center in the US.  Not sure whether they will do warranty work or not.  Good luck and hope your M7 get going again, its a great cart and really adds to the fun of walking the course.

We are currently running an official test for MGS. I know the other 2 testers with the M7 have not had any issues. I have not had any issues with my M5. @Motocaddy can you help @Bubbly Pop with his issue? 

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

On 5/26/2021 at 2:58 AM, Bubbly Pop said:

I had been researching electric push carts for about the past year (i.e. trolley's) because I like to walk when playing, but a hip issue is aggravated when I have to push my cart 18 holes (yeah, I'm getting older).  In early April I decided to purchase the Motocaddy 7 (it came from the UK) and I received it a couple of weeks ago.  Very sleek and compact unit, seemed easy to use.  I read all the instructions, charged the battery and remote overnight, and it worked well in my backyard when I tested it out before going to the course.  First round with it, six holes in, it stopped running and wouldn't respond to the remote.  Took it home, tried recharging everything, plugged it in, nothing, no power to the cart even though the battery and remote reflects they are fully charged.  Contacted Motocaddy via their site and received a "we are real busy and will get to you when we can".  A week later still nothing.  At this point I feel a little like I may have purchased a $1,500 non-motorized push cart.  Until these are readily available via a U.S. distributor I wouldn't bother investing in one.            

Sorry to hear about your issue!  Please shoot us a note at sales@motocaddy.us, not sure if you tried to contact us or the UK team but we will help right away!  We are fully set up in the US, and ship out of Carlsbad, CA.

Edited by Motocaddy

So glad Bubbly Pop posted his experience with Motocaddy and the quick response he seems to be getting from their California office. Please keep us advised on what turns out to be the problem with the device because that is very important along with the service from Motcaddy. I say this because I bought a competing electric push cart from the UK and had a very difficult experience before finally getting a product that worked up to the level advertised!

New Avid Golfer 

7 minutes ago, Michael J Lee said:

So glad Bubbly Pop posted his experience with Motocaddy and the quick response he seems to be getting from their California office. Please keep us advised on what turns out to be the problem with the device because that is very important along with the service from Motcaddy. I say this because I bought a competing electric push cart from the UK and had a very difficult experience before finally getting a product that worked up to the level advertised!

Yeah not sure if any of the other electric push cart companies have offices set up in the US. For sure Motocaddy has logistics in the US for distribution. I know because all my stuff for the test has been coming straight from their warehouse in Carlsbad, CA about 2 hours from where I live!

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

19 hours ago, golfish! said:

We are currently running an official test for MGS. I know the other 2 testers with the M7 have not had any issues. I have not had any issues with my M5. @Motocaddy can you help @Bubbly Pop with his issue? 

Yup the one I am testing is running with no stopping issues.  Well if you run it on a course with hills for three rounds, mine fizzled out on #16.  I imagine on a flatter layout it would have completed the third round. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

This electric push cart concept is really something so I will expand on my previous post that mentioned that I had one from another company in England. It is a Stewart X9 Follow which I initially had a huge problem to work properly but eventually they came through and I am pretty happy with it now. But there are problems, mainly the cheap plastic cover which easily cracks. Also the screws that are vital to holding the top cover rattled loose and I luckily found an acceptable replacement at a specialty hardware store in Portland OR. Regarding the plastic cover, you have to be really careful (Don't put anything on top of it after it is folded down because the collapsed handle presses on the cover and it caused two cracks that fortunately I can guard against to prevent further damage). But you need to know that they offer a stronger, more durable cover (costs about $1000 more) but I opted not to get it because of three reasons: 1) the special cover is not made by Steward (they outsource it to another company in Europe), 2) they said it would take 3 extra months to get, and 3) I ordered it last November, 2020 during Covid-19 and I was wary about everything, of course!. But overall, I love the device and I literally use it everyday, rain or shine, even if I am only working out on the range (why carry all my clubs between the range, putting areas, chipping/pitching areas and practice bunkers). I did pay $2800 for the Stewart X9 Follow and I do believe it is basically a good product and I have gotten my money's worth, having used it now everyday for five months. I had wanted to be a tester for the Motocaddy but was not chosen.

But here is the bigger issue: my experience with a foreign company was very lacking and my experience is not unique if you look online! Specifically, It is a very complicated story so I won't waste space with too much detail. Essentially, I bought the Stewart X9 Follow electric push cart (made in England) online from Motogolf out of Las Vegas. The handset did not work right (the Remote mode worked but not the Follow mode which I paid extra for) and they referred me to Golf Sellers Direct (GSD) out of Naperville Illinois. After much hassle over the phone to try to fix the handset they wanted me to send it to Naperville IL. Since that would leave me with no way to operate the device, I asked them to send a replacement handset. After much hassle they agreed to send a replacement; it did not work at all!!! I called and got Josh Sellers the owner on the phone and he was barely sympathetic at all with all the hassle I was being put through and that upset me and I told him so but I never used any abusive or crude language. But he told Motogolf I used the "F-bomb" which I never did!! The staff at Motogolf were lukewarm helpful but did intercede for me in getting the problem eventually rectified but at huge inconvenience to me! But worst of all, neither Motogolf or especiallly GDS has apologized or even explained to me what the problem was even after I specifically requested an explanation. There is much, much more to the story but I will conclude by saying that Stewart has an office in South Carolina with a website but multiple attempts to get some help from them (by phone and email) went unanswered. I emailed the Stewart company in England and never got any response. Also, I paid for some attachments that were never provided. Essentially, the company GSD has an exclusive franchise and you are stuck with them for any problems! Motogolf only takes the order; they take no responsibility for the customer satisfaction which is a misrepresentation at the very least! The main problem is Josh Sellers at GSD and the misplaced confidence that Stewart places with GSD!

New Avid Golfer 

Thanks everyone for your input, I appreciate the info and the encouragement.  I'll reach out to the Cali based Motocaddy team. 

Callaway EPIC MAX 3W

Callaway Heavenwood 7W 

Edel Trapper Wedge Lob Wedge 60 Degree Used Golf Club at GlobalGolf.com 54 and 58 degree V-Grind SMS wedges

I am also one of the M-7 testers---- Mine has not missed a beat yet even after it turned over which I described in the test thread here. IMHO it is a well engineered well built machine. And yes I know sometimes even the best built machines have problems.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I am also one of the M-7 testers---- Mine has not missed a beat yet even after it turned over which I described in the test thread here. IMHO it is a well engineered well built machine. And yes I know sometimes even the best built machines have problems.

Earnhardt going down! 💣

Cleveland

2 hours ago, ole gray said:

Earnhardt going down! 💣

Yep just like Earnhart at Talledega one year rolled over got back in the car and finished the race. Yep the Motocaddy " One Tough Customer"

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I appreciate that this trolley usually works quite well (#1 Most Wanted), which is why I choose it (are the golf gods trying to tell me I should just ride? 😁)  Nonetheless, Motocaddy rep's out of Cali were very responsive, once you fine people provided me their contact info, thanks.   They coordinated getting a part on it's way to me and it sounds like a somewhat easy fix.  I'll let you know how it goes (now I've got to find where I put that nail gun?)      

Callaway EPIC MAX 3W

Callaway Heavenwood 7W 

Received the part from Motocaddy as promised, uninstalled the offending part and re-installed the new part in about 45 minutes (at least the 18 screws securing the main motor area make me feel good about it not falling apart due to bumpy course conditions).  Plugged in the battery and SHAZAM we are back in business.  Thanks everyone for guiding me to the right people (thanks Jake and Josh from Motocaddy for your expeditious service).  I look forward to walking and working to shed the COVID 30 (pounds) I've gained in the last year.  Happy Golfing 😀 

Callaway EPIC MAX 3W

Callaway Heavenwood 7W 

5 minutes ago, Bubbly Pop said:

Received the part from Motocaddy as promised, uninstalled the offending part and re-installed the new part in about 45 minutes (at least the 18 screws securing the main motor area make me feel good about it not falling apart due to bumpy course conditions).  Plugged in the battery and SHAZAM we are back in business.  Thanks everyone for guiding me to the right people (thanks Jake and Josh from Motocaddy for your expeditious service).  I look forward to walking and working to shed the COVID 30 (pounds) I've gained in the last year.  Happy Golfing 😀 

Good for you and you'll be a lean mean golfing machine! 💣   

Cleveland

• 5 months later...

I had a Stewart X9 follow and was extremely pleased with it but had to sell it on as I could not carry it due to the leg problem that caused me to have to buy it in the first place. It was a very wide and heavy piece of kit. I then bought a Motocaddy M7remote as it was recommended to me.

It is easier to carry and is very sturdy and well constructed. However, I have had issues with it stopping at will when in use. I sent the original one back to Motocaddy and they replaced the trolley. The problem continued, so I sent the whole package back and they have just returned it after an inspection, which I have yet to test. It seems to me that the problem lies with the very cheap plastic remote control unit. I am very surprised that a £1000 trolley has such a poor quality remote control device.

Has anyone else had any issues with the trolley stopping whenever it wants as Motocaddy say they have never come across this before, which I seriously doubt.

Well, while I’m interested in a motorized trolley, it appears to be a chicken and egg case. Service follows sales and sales are slow with the difficulty of getting the unit to work correctly. I have no interest in shipping a non-functional unit to S Cal or England from Wisconsin. I wouldn’t do that for my auto. 

What’s a mother to do?

Titleist TSR 11 degree, HZRDS Red R 44.75 LH

Titleist TSR-1 5/7 Woods LH

Titleist TSR-1 23 Hybrid LH

Titleist T200  7-48 - T350 6 Tensai AMT Red LH

Titleist SM9 50-54-58 TT AMT Red LH

Scotty Phantom X 7.5 RH

On 11/29/2021 at 8:37 AM, Alastair Perry said:

I had a Stewart X9 follow and was extremely pleased with it but had to sell it on as I could not carry it due to the leg problem that caused me to have to buy it in the first place. It was a very wide and heavy piece of kit. I then bought a Motocaddy M7remote as it was recommended to me.

It is easier to carry and is very sturdy and well constructed. However, I have had issues with it stopping at will when in use. I sent the original one back to Motocaddy and they replaced the trolley. The problem continued, so I sent the whole package back and they have just returned it after an inspection, which I have yet to test. It seems to me that the problem lies with the very cheap plastic remote control unit. I am very surprised that a £1000 trolley has such a poor quality remote control device.

Has anyone else had any issues with the trolley stopping whenever it wants as Motocaddy say they have never come across this before, which I seriously doubt.

Mine has been stopping  on a fairly frequent basis lately.  Other than that, I have totally enjoyed my time on the course with it!

Cleveland

Been thinking of getting a trolley for awhile now, but at 71 this month, not sure I could get my money’s worth. I have a pushcart but have always thought  a remote operating trolley would be fun to use.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 5/26/2021 at 5:58 AM, Bubbly Pop said:

What I think part of the problem my be now is distribution problems realted to the pandemic--- I know for our tests they did have to fly a couple of ours in I think it was mine and Gofish's. I think ours were stuck in LA Harbor on a ship. I know they did fly in all of our super sized cup holders. I know with any company no matter the machine you have to get tech people and spare parts set up is a PITA and I can only imagine now with the state of the supply chain how difficult it may be. From talking with the president of Motocaddy and dealing with them as soon as the supply and working problems subside it will be much better

G

• 1 month later...

I got the m7 remote last November and mine has been randomly stopping also…I know the trolley has a cut off in remote mode that activates after 2 mins of no commands but I’ve noticed it sometimes cuts out after a few seconds…it’s generally when I’m quite close to trolley…sometimes when I’m walking right behind it which is very annoying…did they manage to fix yours ? 

On 11/29/2021 at 1:37 PM, Alastair Perry said:

I got the m7 remote last November and mine has been randomly stopping also…I know the trolley has a cut off in remote mode that activates after 2 mins of no commands but I’ve noticed it sometimes cuts out after a few seconds…it’s generally when I’m quite close to trolley…sometimes when I’m walking right behind it which is very annoying…did they manage to fix yours ? 

• 1 month later...

My M7 stops randomly too. In fact I’ve had 3 different trollies and they’ve all done it. Some more than others. It’s been back to Motocaddy and to a local repairer. Eventually replaced and replaced again. All have stopped at random times, every single round. 

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to add that I’ve had my m7 for close to a year with no problems. There could be a quality control issue but, I’m loving mine so far. 

PXG Gen 4 0811X 7.5 degree Evenflow CB 50g

PXG Gen 4 0841X 3 Wood Evenflow CB 60g

PXG Gen 4 0817XF Hybrid 22 degree Evenflow 80g

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Cleveland RTX ZIPCORE 52

Cleveland RTX ZIPCORE 56

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

Maxfli Tour Gloss White Golf Balls

Maxfli Tour X Gloss White Golf Balls

I've had a QOD battery powered cart for several years.  It has performed just fine; and on the few occasions when I've had a question or needed service, the response has been incredible.  Three other guys at my club have one as well, all with good results.  It does not have a remote (I didn't want one); but will go ahead for 10, 20 or 30 seconds if you want it to.

On 12/6/2021 at 5:39 AM, fozcycle said:

Been thinking of getting a trolley for awhile now, but at 71 this month, not sure I could get my money’s worth. I have a pushcart but have always thought  a remote operating trolley would be fun to use.

Not sure what walking cart you have but you might want to look at the Alphard unit. Replaces the wheels on most push carts and the Version 2 they are now selling is pretty darn good. A lot of guys at our course have them. https://alphardgolf.com/. Half the price of most of the better trolleys out there including the M7. I'm nearly 70  and we walk three times a week on a hilly course. No problems.

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

Wow you guys have turned me off trolleys, I had a ride on electric scooter that I used without any issues for over a year but sold it because of health problems. It hadn't been used for Over 6months and it weighs over 505kgs, but I'm thinking I will but a small scooter that weighs 255kgs and much easier to move around. I tried a trolley but when it stopped after 6 holes and I pushed the bloody thing back to my van forget it...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

For those of you looking for a motorized caddy here's another option..............Alphard.   I bought a Clicgear cart and the Alphard motor (both are distributed by Clicgear) attachment in Nov 2020 and have been using it several times a week since.  

I've seen a number of different brands before and since my purchase and would buy Alphard again.   The Alphard motor will go on a number of push carts...I just wanted the Clicgear.   I like my unit because it has a wider wheel base and a lower center of gravity and it's much more stable than other units I've seen at my club.  I don't leave it at my club but I do break down the cart from the motor, put it in my golf cart and drive to and from the course.... then I put it together and I walk.  This process is quick and easy and is one of the reasons I bought this combo.  Customer service has been exceptional!   

That's about it.  I suggest you check out Alphard.