Motocaddy 7 Electric Trolley

Bubbly Pop

On 5/26/2021 at 5:58 AM, Bubbly Pop said:

I had been researching electric push carts for about the past year (i.e. trolley's) because I like to walk when playing, but a hip issue is aggravated when I have to push my cart 18 holes (yeah, I'm getting older).  In early April I decided to purchase the Motocaddy 7 (it came from the UK) and I received it a couple of weeks ago.  Very sleek and compact unit, seemed easy to use.  I read all the instructions, charged the battery and remote overnight, and it worked well in my backyard when I tested it out before going to the course.  First round with it, six holes in, it stopped running and wouldn't respond to the remote.  Took it home, tried recharging everything, plugged it in, nothing, no power to the cart even though the battery and remote reflects they are fully charged.  Contacted Motocaddy via their site and received a "we are real busy and will get to you when we can".  A week later still nothing.  At this point I feel a little like I may have purchased a $1,500 non-motorized push cart.  Until these are readily available via a U.S. distributor I wouldn't bother investing in one.            

What I think part of the problem my be now is distribution problems realted to the pandemic--- I know for our tests they did have to fly a couple of ours in I think it was mine and Gofish's. I think ours were stuck in LA Harbor on a ship. I know they did fly in all of our super sized cup holders. I know with any company no matter the machine you have to get tech people and spare parts set up is a PITA and I can only imagine now with the state of the supply chain how difficult it may be. From talking with the president of Motocaddy and dealing with them as soon as the supply and working problems subside it will be much better

• Like 1

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

• 1 month later...

I got the m7 remote last November and mine has been randomly stopping also…I know the trolley has a cut off in remote mode that activates after 2 mins of no commands but I’ve noticed it sometimes cuts out after a few seconds…it’s generally when I’m quite close to trolley…sometimes when I’m walking right behind it which is very annoying…did they manage to fix yours ? 

On 11/29/2021 at 1:37 PM, Alastair Perry said:

I had a Stewart X9 follow and was extremely pleased with it but had to sell it on as I could not carry it due to the leg problem that caused me to have to buy it in the first place. It was a very wide and heavy piece of kit. I then bought a Motocaddy M7remote as it was recommended to me.

It is easier to carry and is very sturdy and well constructed. However, I have had issues with it stopping at will when in use. I sent the original one back to Motocaddy and they replaced the trolley. The problem continued, so I sent the whole package back and they have just returned it after an inspection, which I have yet to test. It seems to me that the problem lies with the very cheap plastic remote control unit. I am very surprised that a £1000 trolley has such a poor quality remote control device.

Has anyone else had any issues with the trolley stopping whenever it wants as Motocaddy say they have never come across this before, which I seriously doubt.

I got the m7 remote last November and mine has been randomly stopping also…I know the trolley has a cut off in remote mode that activates after 2 mins of no commands but I’ve noticed it sometimes cuts out after a few seconds…it’s generally when I’m quite close to trolley…sometimes when I’m walking right behind it which is very annoying…did they manage to fix yours ? 

• 1 month later...

My M7 stops randomly too. In fact I’ve had 3 different trollies and they’ve all done it. Some more than others. It’s been back to Motocaddy and to a local repairer. Eventually replaced and replaced again. All have stopped at random times, every single round. 

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to add that I’ve had my m7 for close to a year with no problems. There could be a quality control issue but, I’m loving mine so far. 

PXG Gen 4 0811X 7.5 degree Evenflow CB 50g

PXG Gen 4 0841X 3 Wood Evenflow CB 60g

PXG Gen 4 0817XF Hybrid 22 degree Evenflow 80g

Mizuno JPX-900 Hot metal 4-GW

Cleveland RTX ZIPCORE 52

Cleveland RTX ZIPCORE 56

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

Maxfli Tour Gloss White Golf Balls

Maxfli Tour X Gloss White Golf Balls

I've had a QOD battery powered cart for several years.  It has performed just fine; and on the few occasions when I've had a question or needed service, the response has been incredible.  Three other guys at my club have one as well, all with good results.  It does not have a remote (I didn't want one); but will go ahead for 10, 20 or 30 seconds if you want it to.

On 12/6/2021 at 5:39 AM, fozcycle said:

Been thinking of getting a trolley for awhile now, but at 71 this month, not sure I could get my money’s worth. I have a pushcart but have always thought  a remote operating trolley would be fun to use.

Not sure what walking cart you have but you might want to look at the Alphard unit. Replaces the wheels on most push carts and the Version 2 they are now selling is pretty darn good. A lot of guys at our course have them. https://alphardgolf.com/. Half the price of most of the better trolleys out there including the M7. I'm nearly 70  and we walk three times a week on a hilly course. No problems.

Wow you guys have turned me off trolleys, I had a ride on electric scooter that I used without any issues for over a year but sold it because of health problems. It hadn't been used for Over 6months and it weighs over 505kgs, but I'm thinking I will but a small scooter that weighs 255kgs and much easier to move around. I tried a trolley but when it stopped after 6 holes and I pushed the bloody thing back to my van forget it...

For those of you looking for a motorized caddy here's another option..............Alphard.   I bought a Clicgear cart and the Alphard motor (both are distributed by Clicgear) attachment in Nov 2020 and have been using it several times a week since.  

I've seen a number of different brands before and since my purchase and would buy Alphard again.   The Alphard motor will go on a number of push carts...I just wanted the Clicgear.   I like my unit because it has a wider wheel base and a lower center of gravity and it's much more stable than other units I've seen at my club.  I don't leave it at my club but I do break down the cart from the motor, put it in my golf cart and drive to and from the course.... then I put it together and I walk.  This process is quick and easy and is one of the reasons I bought this combo.  Customer service has been exceptional!   

That's about it.  I suggest you check out Alphard.

On 3/2/2022 at 5:17 PM, Riverboat said:

BatCaddy--- fantastic carts and lightning fast customer service. Don't know why people keep spending 2 to 3 times as much for inferior products. 

I agree 100%. I have a BatCaddy and it's been great.

Driver: PXG Gen5 0311 XF

Fairway Woods: PXG Gen 5 0311 XF 4 & 7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 & 25

Irons: PXG 0211 DC 4-SW

Putter: SeeMore Si3

BatCaddy X8R