Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

Titleist TSI2 driver personal review

GivMeADouble

Hello MGS members. This year I've had the opportunity to play a Titleist TSI2 driver. I've had chances to play Titleist fairway woods and drivers in the past few years and I felt this driver deserved a bit more attention than previous offerings. Titleist seems to have a stigma attached to their woods offerings from the past several years. My feeling was some of their drivers and fairways lacked forgiveness and weren't exactly blowing away the competition or perhaps even keeping up with some of the other big brands. I've played the TSI2 for the last 3 months or so and I can say, that for me, this is the best driver I've ever had the blessing of getting to play! I got this after playing a Callaway Epic Flash 9° driver. I didn't have consistent success with the Epic and my distances were really not what I felt they should be. I will say my longer drives with the Epic Flash were going out at about 245 yards. My arccos basically shows me averaging 221 yards with the Callaway. First thing I noticed with the TSI2 was the confidence it gave me at setup. It really looks good behind the ball. Contact is almost always between the two lines that identify the center area of the face. Distance is night and day. I have corrected a few issues I've had with my driver swing, but I felt this was more of the driver helping me feel a good smooth driver swing. Weight seems perfect to me as far as balance and swing weight so that the head isn't too heavy or light for the shaft length and flex. I already have a high launch so I am using the Mitsubishi Tensei AV raw white that came as a stock offering in stiff flex. It gives me a good launch window and my average driver distances went way up. With a smoother swing I'm now hitting my longer drives out to 270 some as much as 280 plus. My average is now closer to my previous longer drives. The TSI2 is one of the more forgiving drivers offered this year. If hit a bad drive it was usually a slice. Which on the Callaway regularly kept me barely above 200 yards on poorly struck drives that went from left to right. The Titleist corrects even errant swings to more of a fade. If I'm aimed to the middle of the fairway at worst I may be 15 yards right of my target instead of 40! They have really captured something special with this model. I know some of these numbers seem exaggerated but I promise they are not. I don't believe the Epic set up really aided in helping my driver's go farther and straighter. Maybe it's just the lucky combination of the low launch Tensei White and the characteristics of the TSI2. Either way seeing your average distance increase so dramatically really can do wonders for your game. I really think everyone should give this one a try. I have also hit the Radspeed this year and have the chance now to play the TM SIM 2. The Radspeed didn't work as well for me but it did have a nice feel. But as it stands right now the TSI2 has a chance to beat out the other brands handily and become my next driver for years to come. Please do yourself a favor. If you are looking at drivers don't pass up Titleist's TSI2. I would like to know if anyone else has tried the TSI2 and how it's worked for them. Props to Titleist for killing it this year on the driver market! I mean killing it!

Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 project x LZ 60 6.0 handcrafted shaft

CallawayEpic Flash 3 wood

Callaway Big Bertha 3H

Titleist 818H2 4H

Callaway Big Bertha 19' irons 4-AW

Titleist SM7 Jet black with TT onyx black s400 shaft 50°

Callaway MD4 black 54° sand wedge

Callaway PM19 60° tour grey

Odyssey Toulon San Diego putter

1592935174442966599406225697326.jpg

Glad you got over that misconception.  The Titleist drivers and woods improved in the performance and forgiveness beginning with the 917 models and have gotten better with each release.    Now the TSi is not only the top driver on the PGA Tour but among the best on the retail market.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• 2 weeks later...

I'm loving my tsi2 as well, I have tensei raw blue 65 on it and it feels like cheating it's so smooth and forgiving, really gives you the confidence to go after it.My only complaint is the ball flight and trajectory is on the high side, that's why I'm going to try the tsi3 with the same shaft and hope it flattens out a bit and maybe a little more workable and keep in the same neighborhood of forgiveness. If not I will happily game the tsi2. Fantastic club!

• 3 months later...
On 5/29/2021 at 9:56 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Glad you got over that misconception.  The Titleist drivers and woods improved in the performance and forgiveness beginning with the 917 models and have gotten better with each release.    Now the TSi is not only the top driver on the PGA Tour but among the best on the retail market.  

I got fitted in to a TSi2 with a 75g stiff Tensei White.  10* head, turned down to 9.25 and .75* upright.

I went in thinking the HZRDUS Smoke was going to be the fit, but that thing just came alive when we switched to the Tensei.

Three rounds in, and this thing has been everything I hoped for and then some.  Fairway Hit is up 12% over previous average…and the big misses have dropped precipitously.

I went in to this looking for more consistency; more fairways and fewer lost strokes due to OB shots.  100% achieved.  

I had no expectation or real need for additional distance…but this has been a pleasant surprise.  My old gamer won plenty of long drive prizes in scrambles over the years, so anything on distance was just icing on the cake.  But the ones that are hit “on the screws” with this are probably 15-20 yards longer.  

I'm one of those that probably steered away from Titleist products over the years due to a belief they were for better players than me.  I probably have the MGS MW to thank for getting me to consider this club in the first place.  But couldn’t be more pleased with the purchase.

In unrelated news, I've spent probably a lot more time than I’m comfortable admitting about a couple holes I play semi-regularly where I consistently lay up….where I’m starting to think about trying to carry a Creek or Pond all the sudden.

3 minutes ago, thefullmonte said:

I got fitted in to a TSi2 with a 75g stiff Tensei White.  10* head, turned down to 9.25 and .75* upright.

I went in thinking the HZRDUS Smoke was going to be the fit, but that thing just came alive when we switched to the Tensei.

Three rounds in, and this thing has been everything I hoped for and then some.  Fairway Hit is up 12% over previous average…and the big misses have dropped precipitously.

I went in to this looking for more consistency; more fairways and fewer lost strokes due to OB shots.  100% achieved.  

I had no expectation or real need for additional distance…but this has been a pleasant surprise.  My old gamer won plenty of long drive prizes in scrambles over the years, so anything on distance was just icing on the cake.  But the ones that are hit “on the screws” with this are probably 15-20 yards longer.  

I'm one of those that probably steered away from Titleist products over the years due to a belief they were for better players than me.  I probably have the MGS MW to thank for getting me to consider this club in the first place.  But couldn’t be more pleased with the purchase.

In unrelated news, I've spent probably a lot more time than I’m comfortable admitting about a couple holes I play semi-regularly where I consistently lay up….where I’m starting to think about trying to carry a Creek or Pond all the sudden.

Great stuff. The TSi line is really great. All the way from the 1 to 4.  Something literally for everyone.  The 2 may be the most versatile driver on the market today—IMHO.  So glad you have found succes with it.  Getting to new places on the course is fun snd good for the ego 😬

Dont sleep on the new T irons either.  I’ve lowered my handicap from 21 to 16 over the past 2 months. The last month of that has been with the new T300’s.  You talk about your fairways hit going up 12%  my GIR has increased almost 100%.  From 2-4 a round to 6-8.  

The T series testing thread has a tester reviewing each model.  So you can find one that fits your game. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

10 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Great stuff. The TSi line is really great. All the way from the 1 to 4.  Something literally for everyone.  The 2 may be the most versatile driver on the market today—IMHO.  So glad you have found succes with it.  Getting to new places on the course is fun snd good for the ego 😬

Dont sleep on the new T irons either.  I’ve lowered my handicap from 21 to 16 over the past 2 months. The last month of that has been with the new T300’s.  You talk about your fairways hit going up 12%  my GIR has increased almost 100%.  From 2-4 a round to 6-8.  

The T series testing thread has a tester reviewing each model.  So you can find one that fits your game. 

Well…I was so happy with the Driver, u picked up a TSi2 5W this week and also have a Hybrid delivering today as well.

• 6 months later...