Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Sightline: Yes or No ?

Maverickping

Curious on how people feel about this. I have a couple with sightlines and the rest without. The ones with are earlier putters I bought but since then I find them distracting as I tend to look at it as opposed to letting a well made putter just drop in and do what they are made to do.

Do you feel you require them or something altogether different from what I'm thinking about?

I also find them distracting, but at the same time I think I would miss more putts without it. I tend to use it right before I putt to double check my line.

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

Gotta have one on a putter I plan on using. If its a super custom job I don't plan on gaming then I'd steer clear or a sight aid but if its gonna be played, the putter has to have a line on it.

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

I like good sight lines on a putter, they help me quite a bit.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I am to sight lines as Mike Singletary is to players who think it's about them. CANNOT PLAY WITH 'EM! CANNOT WIN WITH 'EM!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB5-yJM3vJc

Not sure why that came to mind...guess it's Sunday.

I'm a bit sad that I can't use sight lines anymore because I have two beautiful Byron 006's that I'd love to game, but I just can't do the sight line thing anymore.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

distracting. Swinging on even a slight arch and the straight line compete for path direction. I find the line makes me want to move the putter back on that line instead of an arch - too straight back. Then I end up with all sorts of problems. Sight dots allow just enough visual to align the sweetspot and make a natural stroke. The top line also acts like an alignment aid, so I definitely don't need the overload.

It's much like the line on a ball. I can stand behind the ball, align the line to the target spot, but then when I'm standing over the ball at address the line looks slightly off from the new perspective. It just messes with my head way too much. Too many alignment aids, targets, things to get right.

I spy with my little eye something...

I was taking a look at my putters and this is the only one that does have a sightline that I really like. This is a putter that Gene Nead made for me and you can see where it has been torched, that is the sweetspot/line.

Very subtle and in my opinion sharp just like anything Gene does :)

Nead Torched.jpg

not to move off topic, but the best part i've found about the rife putters is that their sightline, actually acts as an alignment guide to set ones eyes over the target line. i thought that was the most ingenious, simplest things to do for a putter. (not that i'm a proponent for or against putting that way, just an observation)

they call it the notch

rife_main_copy.jpg

:cobra-small: Staffer 

:Arccos: Staffer 

www.MANAVIANGolf.com

Archived