TESTERS WANTED! ×

Straight and then a slice with the driver

If it goes straight as in starts on target line then falls off to the right that’s more of a fade than a slice. If it moves way right after staring somewhat on target line then that’s similar to a push fade or a block and going towards a slice. The fade isn’t a bad thing. The push fade/block is borderline.

A ball that goes left of target then comes back right is more of the slice.

There’s a number of things that could cause this. Could be simple as a grip or alignment change or could be swing mechanics causing an outside to in swing.

Without seeing swing and/or launch monitor numbers drill recommendations could be addressing the wrong thing 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Agree with @RickyBobby_PR here.  If it’s starting on-line and gently falling off (5-10 yards of movement?) then I say aim a little left and love it.  A lot of the best players in the world play that fade. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Definitely post a video. Can see a lot from down the line and front view. I’m not a good analyzer but plenty of folks on this site are very skilled.

good luck 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

First thing, you have to understand what the ball flight is telling you.  The ball starts out pretty much where the face is aimed at impact, so your clubface is pretty square to your intended line.  The ball curves away from the clubhead path, so your path is towards the left of your starting line, making the ball curve to the right.

I have no idea how to change that, because I have no idea what in your swing is causing it.  Launch monitor numbers will simply confirm that your path is to the left of your face alignment at impact.  You need someone with experience to look at your swing and determine what's causing it.  The most common diagnosis is to say you're "coming over the top", but there are a zillion causes for "over the top."  Post good video, or find an instructor.  Whatever you do, do NOT try random Youtube instructions for curing over the top, you're more likely to cause harm than you are to correct your personal issue.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

23 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Definitely post a video. Can see a lot from down the line and front view. I’m not a good analyzer but plenty of folks on this site are very skilled.

Would love to see the action or some trackman numbers to help dial it in.  From your initial post, it doesn't sound like a terrible issue if it's straight majority of time.  I play a fade like that on purpose for more control. Sure a draw could get me 10 more yards most likely, but I can control my ball much better.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

13 minutes ago, juspoole said:

Would love to see the action or some trackman numbers to help dial it in.  From your initial post, it doesn't sound like a terrible issue if it's straight majority of time.  I play a fade like that on purpose for more control. Sure a draw could get me 10 more yards most likely, but I can control my ball much better.

I love my natural fade with the big stick. 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

If nothing changes.  Try a slightly longer shaft length.  Fine tuning with the added length to arrive at the final total length and might need to change the shaft flex a bit.  I'd start with adding 1" first.

The correct way is to play with your grip and alignment as mentioned, but it'll take some time, other than to play a longer driver which is a quicker band aide fix.

Like all the sticks in the bag, we're looking for a more consistent/reliable performance.  Some prefer a draw pattern and some prefer a fade.   Most the longer hitters will prefer a fade pattern, e.g. Jack Nicklaus, Ben Hogan..........