Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Golf/yardage watch

Had my car broken into 2 nights ago. A little damage to the stuff inside,but luckily nothing too important was stolen(like my clubs). 

I had left my Garmin approach S20 in the center console that was stolen(including two gym bags). I was leaning towards just getting another one but wanted to see if maybe it wouldn’t be the worst idea to get something else. 

Edited by scratchnurse

Driver -  :titelist-small: TSi2 10* - Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

Fairway -  :titelist-small: TSi3 15* Mitsubishi Tensei White

Irons -  :cobra-small: Speed zone 4/5/6/7/8/9/P with KBS v tour steel stiff shafts

Wedges -   :taylormade-small: 48/54/58 - Tour V wedge shafts 

Putter -  :scotty-small: 2021 Phantom X 5 - 34" w/ superstroke flatso 1.0

Ball -  :titelist-small: Prov 1 optic yellow

Bag - :titleist-small: Players 4 plus stand bag - lagoon/black/charcoal

I'm using a Shotscope V2 and it works great.  They've now moved onto the V3 and both have had great reviews. There are a couple of other competing products; SkyCaddie and Garmin.  

REVIEW: Shot Scope V2 GPS Watch | MyGolfSpy.com

Shot Scope's New Strokes Gained Data | MyGolfSpy

(10)Testers Wanted SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch | MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm using a Shotscope V2 and it works great.  They've now moved onto the V3 and both have had great reviews. There are a couple of other competing products; SkyCaddie and Garmin.  

Second the shot scope, even if you don't want to track your shots. Good data and easy to use.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

50 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Second the shot scope, even if you don't want to track your shots. Good data and easy to use.

Yup.  I used mine for club yardages for awhile but eventually just moved to using it for distance off tee, to hazards, and shots in.  I do plan to switch the RFID tags over to the new ZX5's when they get here.  It's amazingly accurate and I hardly know I'm wearing it anymore.  In fact, I'd feel almost naked without it.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

I used my Garmin S62 Approach watch today for the first time.  Still getting used to it.  I haven't made up my mind if I want to get the sensors to track shots or not.  I feel like it would be a distraction to use them; maybe I'd get over it.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

21 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I used my Garmin S62 Approach watch today for the first time.  Still getting used to it.  I haven't made up my mind if I want to get the sensors to track shots or not.  I feel like it would be a distraction to use them; maybe I'd get over it.  

Used my Garmin S62 watch for 3 rounds now and have 2 more rounds to go for the Caddie feature to kick in.  I was also contemplating on getting sensors, but for now I'm satisfied with the information I have been getting such as Club Yardages, GIR, and Putts per round.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

I use an S20, and if I lost it I’d get another. I want something small and light if it’s on my wrist, that and the higher price keeps me from buying an S62 or one of the other higher end models. YMMV

I don’t like watches, especially playing golf, before the S20 I had an G10 that I kept on a belt loop where I could easily see it. I’d be happy with that again now that I’ve experienced AutoShot on the S20 (only reason I "upgraded"). A nice feature but once you have a decent amount of shot data, more isn’t as useful. I trust my rangefinder for distance WAY more than any GPS. GPS files are accurate on most courses, but I've run into a few that were 10-20 yards off WITHOUT accounting for pin position - and I play away courses once a week. My GPS watch is for rough distance and keeping score nowadays.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

I had an S20. When the strap broke a number of years ago I bought the S60. It is accurate, easy to use and convenient. I have a rangefinder in my bag, but haven't used it in 2 years. The watch is the easy way to go. 

Find another S20. That is the best watch ever. Why Garmin discontinued it I'll never know. The Garmin factory outlet store has them for $269 but eBay has new ones for around $199.

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

Got my first GPS device last year — Bushnell Phantom — which was easy to use and accurate enough until I dropped it (knocked it off my bag).  Decided to replace with Shot Scope G3.  Lightweight, easy to read, not likely to fall off my wrist.  Opted for the G3 which is GPS only.  Had a free trial of Arccos last year when I bought new clubs and found the whole data collection process entirely too cumbersome so the V3 wasn’t very appealing to me.  If data collection is important then I think the Shot Scope V3 would make a good choice.

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

I’ve have 2 Garmin S10 watches and wore one continuous for 1 1/2 years and love it.  Recently picked up an Apple Watch and like wearing it and all the health tracking it does.  I’ll probably keep one S10 watch on the bag or in the cart  and the second as a backup.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, HDTVMAN said:

Find another S20. That is the best watch ever. Why Garmin discontinued it I'll never know. The Garmin factory outlet store has them for $269 but eBay has new ones for around $199.

I hadn't noticed, thanks for the correction. I'd just buy an S10, close enough as I don't really need AutoShot anymore. The only thing I use AutoShot for anymore is checking out my driving distance on each hole after each round to see if I've hit a new longest drive...  https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/611037

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

I keep my gear in two different countries.  I’m one I have The Garmin S40.  In the other, I have the top end Bushnell.  Bushnell integrates with my IPhone and offers more features.  They are equally (scary) accurate.  Go for the Nushnell or upgrade to S40.

I used a Bushnell iON 2 GPS watch and really liked it. I recently switched to an Apple watch when I added Arccos sensors to my clubs. 

• TaylorMade Stealth2+ 9° - Fujikura Ventus Black VeloCore 5-S
  • TaylorMade M5 15° - Fujikura Ventus Black VeloCore 6-S
  • Callaway CF-18 18° - KBS Tour Prototype 85 S
  • Srixon 4-AW Nippon Modus 3 105 R
  • Cleveland ZipCore 54° Mid and 58° Mid DG Spinner
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 35"
  • Titleist Pro V1
  • Arccos Gen 3 sensors

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/29/2021 at 11:55 AM, fixyurdivot said:

I can vouch that the Shot scope is solid. You can do shot tracking, and if you don't the GPS works well as a stand alone. Been happy with my V3.

image.png.258d22fcc4d0d25f5fdb8eea25fcd23f.png B21 9.5* w/ PX Evenflow Black 6.5

:ping-small: G410 SFT 16* 3-wood w/ PX Evenflow Black 6.5

image.png.de7870be9e5ebe2ff26fab3151edb989.png Stealth DHY 2i w/ Aldila Ascent Black Stiff

:srixon-small: z585 4-AW w/ Modus3 120x

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56.12 & 60.10 w/ Modus3 125w

image.png.a2a25073d1a41c5de1690a6254814da3.png Super Select Newport Plus -or- :odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1WS w/ Stroke Lab 

image.png.d2e91492049dce3981a9fad088921b12.png ProV1