What Are Your Favorite PGA Tournaments - Other Than Majors?

Leaving Majors, and any debate on them, aside - what are your favorite other tournaments, name 5 or so? Mine in no particular order:

• The Memorial
  • The Players Championship
  • Wells Fargo
  • anything at Torrey Pines, Pebble Beach, Spyglass (without amateurs)
  • Northern Trust > BMW > Tour Championship

The only ones I don't enjoy are anything match play and the WMO.

No right or wrong answers!

• Like 2
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B ER2
  • Maxfli Tour Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT

I have no particular favorites as I don't think I could name 5 tournaments outside the majors.    My least favorites would be any tournament with celebrities/non pro golfers participating in the weekly event. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I like the Genesis because of Riv and the players they get. Lukewarm on Bay Hill but it’s still more enjoyable than the rest of the overly corporate events that I’m mostly meh on. The match play and team events are cool but I always have a hard time caring about them more than watching results. 

I do, however, really enjoy the playoffs. I think they’re great watching guys try to earn their way into more events with bigger prizes and seeing the lower tier guys fight for following-year exemptions. Lots of good story lines that time of year. 

• Like 5

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Like @cnosili couldn’t name many outside the big ones.

this year is actually one of the only years I’ve really watched weekly (fantasy). I’ve always enjoyed watching just never actually  sat down to watch besides the big dogs.

I have a soft spot for what was the EMC/Dell championship since it is played at TPC Boston and have been going the past few years, every other now

• Like 3

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

I don't usually make a effort to watch much outside of the Majors and although I can name several tournaments it is mainly all fantasy related as to what I take the extra effort to watch. Riv is one I have watched and enjoyed in the past. Personally I just like seeing new and different courses. That is what attracts me to most events and what I look forward to watching vs following certain players or events. 

• Like 4

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

Usually dependent on the field, time of year, and the golf course.  I'm watching more golf leading up to the Masters and really catch the bug around the Waste Mgt for the upcoming year. 

• Memorial
  • Waste Management
  • Bay Hill

Probably a couple others I cannot think of, but those are the main ones that spring to mind.  I do like to watch Riveria and Pebble Beach tourney's too.  Oh and also since the one at Harbour Town since we get down to Hilton Head from time to time and know the area/course.

• Like 3

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5                                                     Testing: :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X                   Testing: :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I have two.

The Safeway is one that I love because it's Napa and I have family that lives up there on the course (Silverado).  

The other one is the Genesis.  For me, it's the "alright, we're about ready to get this season going." 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

No doubt about it BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like the stadium party on the sixteenth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Image result for waste management golf tournamentImage result for waste management golf tournamentimage.jpeg.8aeb58ee40925a410157106c5255d162.jpegimage.jpeg.2f4402c691a72f68464e009de031c34c.jpeg

The loudest hole in golf and the greatest tourney on turf🏌️‍♂️

• Like 3

Currently testing BirdieBallOutdoor Putting Mat

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, Motore X F3 6-S set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   Both with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

It's about the courses for me.

• Riviera.  Wish it were still the LA Open.  Great move by the LPGA to grab that name.
  • Harbour Town.  Love watching the pros play that golf course.
  • Houston Open at Memorial Park was pretty cool.
  • Waialae.  Love getting to see a Raynor design on tv.
  • Looking forward to Congaree

I miss the PGA tour event at Kingsmill but love the LPGA event there.  Hope to see it live again next year!

• Like 2

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
GW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :taylormade-small: TP5X Pix
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I like the John Deer tournament for seeing all the various John Deer tractors, mowers. All the ones I can't have but wish I had 😀.  Very much like St. Jude tournament for what it represents and supports.  The Memorial well its Jack's tournament and condition is immaculate and beautiful much like Augusta. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/29/2021 at 1:16 PM, Middler said:

Leaving Majors, and any debate on them, aside - what are your favorite other tournaments, name 5 or so? Mine in no particular order:

• The Memorial
  • Wells Fargo

The Players- it is the equivalent of a major, and love seeing them take on Sawgrass

The Northern Trust- Because I like seeing the Northeast courses, and great field

The Memorial- Always a good field on a fun course to watch, and it's good to see Jack so much all weekend

The Tour Championship- The season capper before the Ryder or President's Cup events. Would probably rate it higher if it were on a better course

Tie: RSM- an odd one, but I love that Sea Island course and it is fun to occasionally watch some of the non-superstars compete, and

The AT&T- Seeing Pebble and Spyglass in February starts to get me thinking about getting out on the course again in a few weeks, and what great courses to watch in the middle of winter

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 1:16 PM, Middler said:

• The Memorial
  • Wells Fargo

I agree with a couple people on the Waste Management.  I love watching this tournament.  I love the throwing gifts into the stands.  I loved watching the caddie races when they were allowed to do it.  I think its nice at least once a year to see golf and pro golfers, not be so stuffy, and not take themselves too seriously.  

I watch almost all of them, but I honestly love watching the European Tour Events.  The wide variety of landscapes you get to observe watching their events from S. Africa, to Morocco, to Sweden, Germany, I just enjoy.

• Like 1

Driver: :nike-small:VR Pro

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: E12 Soft Yellow 

I like the Players and Valspar because I know the courses, well. Beyond that I’m watching any tournament without celebrity amateurs involved when I have time and TV availability. That means I tend to watch as much European Tour golf as PGA tour. 

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

I'm going to take this in a little different direction.  In order of my preference...... 

1. Irish Open
  2. Scottish Open
  3. Alfred Dunhill Links Championship
  4. BMW PGA Championship
  5. Players Championship

The first four are better than any regular PGA Tour event, in my opinion.  And it isn't close!

The Players and any of the tournaments on courses I have played before. 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM 54* Versatile/60* Widelow

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Waste management. It really brings out the younger population in droves. I know it’s unpopular because of the drinking but I think it helps to grow the game. It may not be the way we would want it but it brings a lot of eyes on the game

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

2 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

Waste management. It really brings out the younger population in droves. I know it’s unpopular because of the drinking but I think it helps to grow the game. It may not be the way we would want it but it brings a lot of eyes on the game

Bringing out people helps local AZ charitable causes, but how do you know it grows the game? I am not concluding you're right or wrong, but I haven’t seen evidence either way, how do you know?

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/wasted-management-phoenix-open-how-is-this-a-good-thing

• Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B ER2
  • Maxfli Tour Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT

7 minutes ago, Middler said:

Bringing out people helps local AZ charitable causes, but how do you know it grows the game? I haven’t seen evidence either way, how do you know?

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/wasted-management-phoenix-open-how-is-this-a-good-thing

If Waste(d) Management is how we're growing the game, count me fully committed to the "shrink the game" camp!

Used to love WGC-Bridgestone because it was in our backyard and always brought out Tiger...

So Farmer's @ Torrey, Bay Hill cause Arnie, Match Play in Austin, Memorial, and Anything at Bethpage.

Take Dead Aim

I like the Zurich now that it’s changed to a team format, I enjoy watching tournaments on courses I’ve played, and I like most of the match play events. 

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1