TESTERS WANTED! ×

Mavrik Max Hybrid

excourse

My apologies if this duplicates an existing thread, and if so I'd request a mod to integrate them. Thanks

I was looking for a 24* hybrid in senior flex and after virtually comparing several decided on the Mav Max 24* from Callaway Preowned, the currently sale is damn tempting. 

With my main goals being first distance and second accuracy, was this my best choice? 

Yes, best choice would be go to a fitter yada yada yada. Only asking about the club and whether or not it's the best option for my stated goals.

Thanks!

Edited by excourse
Spell check

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

Probably not a bad choice for you, old buddy!  I’ll send you a private email with some additional thoughts.

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

2 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

Probably not a bad choice for you, old buddy!  I’ll send you a private email with some additional thoughts.

Thanks my friend. Hope we can get out soon.

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

Something else to look at on Callaway preowned. If you shop the women's hybrids and/or fairway woods, like the epic or big bertha line, you can get dirt cheap hybrids and separately buy the mens shaft which just screws right in, for sometimes cheaper than the men's hybrids. My wife uses senior shafts and I was able to get three hybrids for her in January with separate bought men's shafts and saved a bundle. Also 2 for me. The heads are exactly the same. Right now, a lot of the like new were demos that were never hit last year due to covid.  In any case, if I go to sell the hybrids, I can sell either way to men or ladies as I have both shafts. 

I bought a Epic 5 wood and heaven wood last year doing the same thing. Saved about $50 per club.

This won't work with the Maverick line as they aren't adjustable.

You virtually have to shop everyday to find a deal. I shopped most of January for the hybrids I bought.

Make sure to get the correct shaft type. Today womens BB19 5 hybrid $46-61 and 40 inch UST Mamiya Recoil ZT9 470 Optifit 3 Fairway Shaft $60. Normal 5 hybrid shaft is 39.5 inch.image.png.1d7b665c0e0c87e884c8c7a031852117.png 

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)