TESTERS WANTED! ×

2 Ball Ten

KOMalley8313

Finally bit the bullet and jumped from blade to mallet. I went to PGASS and got under their SAM and the results were overwhelming that I would benefit from a slant neck mallet. I hit a round with the Tour Lined Two Ball Ten and now there’s no looking back. A weakness of my putting was that I was lining up 1-2 degrees closed at address and as a result started most putts off line as soon as they left the club face. 

The Tour Lined  makes it nearly impossible to not start on line. I was never a line on my ball for putting guy but my fitter suggested it as it would line up with the Tour Line through the 2 Ball. For the first time in forever I have confidence over the ball and believe I have a chance at holing it.  I’ve been holing putts that I wasn’t even getting close before. My putts per round have been under 30 for the last three rounds. I know other reviewers have mentioned they don’t love the micro hinge insert but honestly I don’t feel much of a difference between it and the OG insert. What I do know is that it gets the ball rolling true for me putt after putt after putt. I’ve been known to mishit a few putts and the high MOI design has kept these mishits rolling towards the hole. The putter has tremendous feel and knowing I’m aligned correctly allows me to focus my ore shot routine on speed, which like I mentioned has me holing a ton more putts. The one negative I have is the pistol grip. To me, it’s a little squishy and on the smaller side. I think I’ll be changing it out for a Superstroke, assuming I find one I like that’s similar in weight the current pistol grip. The counter weight in the Stroke Lab shaft is in the shaft so I’ll have to account for those 30 grams to not mess with the swing weight. 

Love the Tour Lined 2-ball. Even ended up switching after getting the original Ten haha. Such a great putter, and like you said, so easy to start on line.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Put one into play yesterday and really enjoyed it. Mine is the double bend and coming from a spider tour red with slant neck. 

really like to try the slant neck odyssey, but I like the feel/roll off the face, feels more lively compared to the spider tour

Srixon Z565 9.5* Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6x

Cobra F7 13.5* Aldila Tour Blue 75x

Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5* Aldila Tour Blue 85x

Cobra Amp Forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

So second round with the 2 ball Ten Tour Lined and even more in love. Have been working on switching to a left hand low grip and everything is now feeling like it's starting to work well together. 

Initial alignment with the 2 ball ten is awesome and so easy

Srixon Z565 9.5* Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6x

Cobra F7 13.5* Aldila Tour Blue 75x

Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5* Aldila Tour Blue 85x

Cobra Amp Forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

• 1 month later...

I have been playing a Two Ball Ten Tour Lined all season. I switched from a blade to a mallet last season for the forgiveness and couldn’t be happier. The mallet along with the stroke lab shaft has improved my lag putting tremendously. And the two ball has been a great alignment aid inside of ten feet- I came from a Seemore, so I appreciate good alignment aids.  I added yellow triple track stickers since I prefer to play yellow balls. I made the switch to the Callaway ERC Triple Track and it’s helped my alignment even more- I had some issues being left eye dominant RH with lining up to the right of the hole earlier this season. (I also like the length I get from the ERC). 
I’m usually very fickle with my putters and will switch pretty quickly, but I got rid of all my others (except the Seemore- can’t do that) and the Ten has a firm hold in my bag. 

5DCEBB7A-B392-45FB-AB09-C545660DFCF8.jpeg

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip