:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, SlowNLow said:

Congrats, KB (Spartacus).  

If you shoot 73, is that good too?

Absolutely!!  I feel like I could do it, but all parts of my game have to be performing at peak efficiency.  That doesn't happen often.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 5/30/2021 at 4:59 PM, Kenny B said:

I've been talking about it all year... it was my goal for this year!!  After yesterday's round of 85 that was probably my worst ball striking round in recent memory, I didn't think it would happen today. 

I started the front nine pretty well; always a good sign, but so often hopes are dashed. Par, Par, Bogey, Par Par.
Then on the par 5 #6, I hit a poor drive but it ended up in the fairway just short of a bunker... Lucky!  🤪
2nd shot was a good 3H that put me in a 9i range of a back left pin; hit it pin high right.
My birdie putt was 10 feet slightly downhill with 2 foot break, most coming in the last couple of feet.  
Pars on #7 and #8
On the par 5 #9... good drive; 3H short of the pond, a SW to 6 feet and putt made for my second birdie.
Front nine score 36... one under par!!!  😃

After a Par, Bogey start on the back nine, I birdied the par 3 #12 with a 15 footer.
A good drive and decent 2nd shot on the par 5 #13 left me with a 9i to a back pin over a bunker; almost carried the sand, but fell back in the bunker... up and down sandy Par.
Scrambled for a Par on #14, then Bogeyed #15.
Pars on #16 and #17.

I wasn't keeping score; my wife was.  I thought I needed just a bogey to shoot my age.  All I needed to do on this par 5 #18... my nemesis hole was hit the middle of the fairway like I have most of the day .  Nope!!  Hit the middle of the left bunker instead.  😬  There really is no shot to advance the ball very far since the hole doglegs left with a large tree at the corner; going through the dogleg is in the bunker that runs all the way to the green on the right and pond beyond that.  I decided to hit a 9i to the dogleg... flushed it!!!  In the next bunker.  3rd shot... same 9i just to get the ball back in play in the fairway.  4th shot was a PW over the green into the rough.  5th shot on the green and 2-putt for a Double Bogey!!   I thought I had missed shooting my age by one shot.  BUT...
Back nine score 38... 3 over par.

36  +  38  =  74

Oh, By The Way (my doctor doesn't like Oh BTWs; you know, go in to see him for one thing and while I'm there... Oh BTW!  😂)  Along with my 3 birdies, my wife had 2 birdies, and the couple we play with also had a birdie each... 7 birdies!! Vanilla Rum shots for everyone but me;  I had 7 shots of Wild Turkey Honey Sting!!  Thanks again @fozcycle!!

Now I need a new goal for the second half of 2021.

Congrats and well done!  You inspire the rest of us old coots 😉

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Congratulations.  We are same age.  I had been so close for a few years now but finally managed to do it twice since March.  

Again CONGRATULATIONS!!!  Great accomplishment.

WITB

Driver - Taylormade M6

3wd - Taylormade RBZ

Hybrids - Taylormade RBZ

Irons - Taylormade RSi1

Putter - Macgregor Smoothie