TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Memorial 2021

fixyurdivot

9 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Rahm rested positive for Covid and has to withdraw.

talk about a lousy break.  He’s playing incredibly well and had this Tournament under control.

the way the news was delivered to him was not really great.  Could have been done behind closed doors.

3 minutes ago, PMookie said:

If I’m Rahm, I’m testing as many times as possible until I get a negative. Those tests are so wonky….

Agree that they could have shared the bad news behind "closed doors" or out of the public viewing eyes, and they also stated they ran the tests a couple times and both results came back the same as "positive."

Terrible luck, but at least it wasn't anything related to the health or well-being of a family member.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

1 minute ago, rkj427 said:

Agree that they could have shared the bad news behind "closed doors" or out of the public viewing eyes, and they also stated they ran the tests a couple times and both results came back the same as "positive."

Terrible luck, but at least it wasn't anything related to the health or well-being of a family member.

Yeah. I agree with what they said on the broadcast, let him know behind closed doors.

I’m still taking more tests immediately. I don’t care if the previous test showed positive 20 times…. One negative and I’m back in the tourney.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

15 minutes ago, Rickp said:

talk about a lousy break.  He’s playing incredibly well and had this Tournament under control.

the way the news was delivered to him was not really great.  Could have been done behind closed doors.

I'm pretty sure you were not thinking this "stranger things"... good grief.  That is just a horrible break.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm pretty sure you were not thinking this "stranger things"... good grief.  That is just a horrible break.

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

Nope, didn’t see that coming.  That’s gotta be heartbreaking after the way he played.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

His Tournament to lose.  BUT stranger things have happened.

Prophetic!!!

37 minutes ago, Rickp said:

This is crazy! I’m not a huge Rahm fan but this sucks. I know they have to protect spectators and volunteers but you would think they could let him play as a single tomorrow so he could finish the tournament 

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Insane ! I would def keep taking test until I’m negative .. sucks he was leading 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Anyone have any idea what the tour stance is on the vaccine? Do you still have to get tested if you’re fully vaccinated? With all the money on the line its crazy they don’t get the shot.

Driver: Titleist TSr 2 @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Taylormade GT Max

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

1 minute ago, PeterHenric said:

Anyone have any idea what the tour stance is on the vaccine? Do you still have to get tested if you’re fully vaccinated? With all the money on the line its crazy they don’t get the shot.

Even if he has had a vaccine, he can still contract the virus or test asymptomatic positive.  I had know idea they were still under testing protocol.

53 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Prophetic!!!

Now that’s weird 😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

11 minutes ago, PeterHenric said:

Money isn't everything?

WITB:

Taylormade SIM2 Max 9° w/ UST ProForce V2 5F3 @ 45"

Callaway Epic Speed 4wd w/ AccuFLEX Evolution Reg

Dynacraft Genesis 3 hybrid w/ Steelfiber i95r

Srixon ZX5 4-6 and ZX7 7-GW w/ UST Recoil 95 F4 soft stepped once

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/10 w/ Recoil 95 F4 shaft

Cleveland RTX-4 58/03 w/ Recoil 95 F4 9i shaft

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman

Pondering:

Nothing at the moment

In the locker:

Too much to list

According to GolfTV, Rahm was placed in quarantine May 31 for having been contact traced after coming into direct contact with someone who tested positive. Why was he even allowed to play this week?

If this is accurate, the PGA Tour has some ‘splaining to do!

25 minutes ago, sixcat said:

According to GolfTV, Rahm was placed in quarantine May 31 for having been contact traced after coming into direct contact with someone who tested positive. Why was he even allowed to play this week?

If this is accurate, the PGA Tour has some ‘splaining to do!

I’m stunned that someone who had exposure would be allowed to play.  

that’s an automatic 10 day quarantine 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

While we all have the right to make our own PPEs the tour’s decision not to include an automatic quarantine after an exposure is astonishing. They better pray that no one associated with Rahm this week becomes symptomatic.

Thankfully any contact that he would have had with fans would be casual and not considered direct - but wow.  This is nuts - 

I’m not upset with him - he was following their rules. I feel terrible for him. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I’m good with anyone continuing to play after contact tracing as long as they keep passing blood tests and aren’t showing symptoms. One can’t pass it to someone else if they aren’t contagious, plain-and-simple. There are MANY folks who slept in the same bed with someone who was positive, but never came down with Covid. I’m sure I’m in the minority in thought here, though.

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

I’m good with anyone continuing to play after contact tracing as long as they keep passing blood tests and aren’t showing symptoms. One can’t pass it to someone else if they aren’t contagious, plain-and-simple. There are MANY folks who slept in the same bed with someone who was positive, but never came down with Covid. I’m sure I’m in the minority in thought here, though.

You know that I have great respect for you so don’t interpret this as anything but a disagreement because I have lived with managing the risks of COVID spread for well over a year.  In this regard I know what I’m writing about as I’ve literally been responsible for the COVID health of 1,000 people every day for 15 months - 

The simple rule is to be a layer ahead - at all times. We had exactly one minor outbreak in the entire time because an employee assumed the a couple of 2 year olds with the sniffles had an allergy problem.  That resulted in 7 COVID cases and a two day school closure. The health department commended us for our safety procedures because we limited exposure to others beyond the initial outbreak.  The employee works elsewhere.

Allowing someone who has been exposed to COVID to be out in public is not staying ahead.  It’s putting people at undo risk.  48 hours after exposure he could be contagious symptoms or not.  In fact, now we know that he was. 

It’s not automatic that because you live with someone you will get it but your odds go from 1/10 when things were at their worst to 50/50. 

Also I understand why Rahm may have decided not to be vaccinated. That’s his prerogative - my job is to keep people safe, not make them do stuff they don’t want to do. We never had a mask mandate for church services - didn’t have to - most people wore them and those that didn’t stayed distanced - never passed a case on in church. 

I was always furious when the CDC claimed that church was dangerous - it would have been had we done what we usually did but we changed to keep people safe - every other pew, no contact, etc. etc.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

All,

Give the situation, it is impossible not to talk COVID in this thread. Here's your regular reminder to keep politics out of the Forum. We can talk about the Tour's response, but let's not broaden it out to bigger discussion of how we think things need to be handled. Thanks.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Good info, thanks for sharing 👍.

Here’s Rahm’s response. Very classy IMO

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Rahm’s response was much more classy than most would have been, think about it, that decision cost him $1,674,000 not to mention 550 FedEx  cup points which would have moved him into 1st place in the standings.

Plus 68 points in the Official World Golf Rankings which I think would have moved him back to #1 in the World

I guess the biggest thing is his quarantine ends 2 days prior to the start of the US Open on 6/17

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

30 minutes ago, TBT said:

Rahm’s response was much more classy than most would have been, think about it, that decision cost him $1,674,000 not to mention 550 FedEx  cup points which would have moved him into 1st place in the standings.

Plus 68 points in the Official World Golf Rankings which I think would have moved him back to #1 in the World

I guess the biggest thing is his quarantine ends 2 days prior to the start of the US Open on 6/17

Rahm has always been a class act, but if he chose not to be vaccinated before this, and it seems like that is the case, I can’t feel bad for him. 

7 hours ago, revkev said:

You know that I have great respect for you so don’t interpret this as anything but a disagreement because I have lived with managing the risks of COVID spread for well over a year.  In this regard I know what I’m writing about as I’ve literally been responsible for the COVID health of 1,000 people every day for 15 months - 

The simple rule is to be a layer ahead - at all times. We had exactly one minor outbreak in the entire time because an employee assumed the a couple of 2 year olds with the sniffles had an allergy problem.  That resulted in 7 COVID cases and a two day school closure. The health department commended us for our safety procedures because we limited exposure to others beyond the initial outbreak.  The employee works elsewhere.

Allowing someone who has been exposed to COVID to be out in public is not staying ahead.  It’s putting people at undo risk.  48 hours after exposure he could be contagious symptoms or not.  In fact, now we know that he was. 

It’s not automatic that because you live with someone you will get it but your odds go from 1/10 when things were at their worst to 50/50. 

Also I understand why Rahm may have decided not to be vaccinated. That’s his prerogative - my job is to keep people safe, not make them do stuff they don’t want to do. We never had a mask mandate for church services - didn’t have to - most people wore them and those that didn’t stayed distanced - never passed a case on in church. 

I was always furious when the CDC claimed that church was dangerous - it would have been had we done what we usually did but we changed to keep people safe - every other pew, no contact, etc. etc.

He played with Cantlay and Sheffler yesterday. Neither of them have been vaccinated. They will still be allowed to continue to play under daily testing protocols. 

1 hour ago, LICC said:

He played with Cantlay and Sheffler yesterday. Neither of them have been vaccinated. They will still be allowed to continue to play under daily testing protocols. 

That would be normal according to most health guidelines at this time. They were outdoors and distanced. 

But its a good question or concern.

I’m be more concerned for his caddie who will also now loose a big pay day. I would imagine that he will be considered quarantined for 10 days due to exposure unless he’s been vaccinated. 

Also for Rahm quarantine means he can’t go practice at the US Open sight - he should have a range that he can get to in order to hit balls and practice. 

additionally that’s assuming he doesn’t develop symptoms - if he does the clock starts over but is different - it becomes 72 hours after his symptoms diminish. So….. he could have a fever and cough today, no fever and less of a cough tomorrow and the 72 hour clock has started and he’s done sooner.

Again this is according to most health department protocols. 

I also want to be clear that I’m not stating my opinion. That’s irrelevant - I’m stating what local or state governments in the US have recommended as best practice in the interest of public safety.   Sure the tour policy is based on that.  They have egg on their face today because they developed a policy that was different from what was recommended. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

A lot of really good points here and frankly, I tend to agree with all you guys. 

My only takeaway is this. If JR chose not to get vaccinated, he knows that this was an eventual consequence of his own choice. 

Hope you guys all have a great Sunday!

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

12 hours ago, sixcat said:

I truly feel bad for Rahm, but if the above is accurate (as it appear it is **) he has no one to blame but himself for not getting vaccinated at his earliest opportunity. Anyone who waits to get their first vaccine until they’ve been in traceable contact with a Covid positive person is taking their chances - solely his choice, his responsibility. The PGA has a published Covid protocol for players and others, updated periodically as needed, that all players have access to. They’re not making this up as they go along. Players can’t and shouldn’t be able to make up their own rules on testing, eligibility to play or anything else, as some have suggested in this thread.

Has to hurt to miss out on finishing off with a 6 shot lead on Sunday. Rahm’s statement was as it should be, live to fight another day.

** “Levinson would not disclose whether Rahm had received the COVID-19 vaccine. But under tour protocols that align with CDC guidelines, players who are fully vaccinated are no longer subject to weekly testing. Levinson also said that vaccinated players would not be subject to the contact tracing that Rahm was part of this week.”

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

4 hours ago, revkev said:

Here’s Rahm’s response. Very classy IMO

Unbelievably classy move! 

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

I’m still stunned he wasn’t vaccinated already. I assumed the tour “strongly encouraged” players to be vaccinated. Isn’t that what all those TV commercials were all about? Getting everyone back to normal sports! I would have loved to seen him finish today. 

:callaway-small: Rogue LS 9° Driver, X stiff KuroKage
:ping-small: G410 17° & 19° hybrid, X stiff
:mizuno-small:  JPX-921 Tours 4 iron thru PW, Modus 105 X stiff
:mizuno-small:  S18 50°, 56° & 60°
 :bettinardi-1: Single Stock #3 34.5" putter

2019 MSG Forum Tester- Bridgestone e12

2021 Callaway Epic Max LS Driver Test