Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Decline in Taylormade customer service ????

Scotland blue

I just called the customer service department at Taylormade with concerns over a Sim driver head that is now sounding funny and has lost about 30 yards in comparison to my M4.  I was told that the CS turnaround time would be 5-6 weeks.  Our local golf store is a joke with teenagers basically running the store and taking turns in the simulator, pass on their review.

Anyone else have these challenges ???

SIM2 Max Driver 10.5* Ventus 5-S

Cobra Rad Speed 3W 14.5* Evenflow Riptide CB Stiff

Ping G  4W 17.5* Ping Alta Reg

TM Ti  5W 19* Diamana FW 65 Reg

Titleist T-300 5-PW Amt Red Stiff

Vokey SM7 Wedges 46*  56*  60*

Ping Zing/Anser putter  85020/85029// TM Spider SR#9 Flo Neck

Titleist Pro V-1x 

Well there is a backorder of components across the board so a 5-6 week delay is pretty standard right now. Has nothing to do with staff at a store or customer service of a brand

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I'm not following your connection with a backorder of components to the staff of a local store.  

Titleist Pro V-1x 

4 minutes ago, Scotland blue said:

I'm not following your connection with a backorder of components to the staff of a local store.  

It was a general comment that regardless of how good the staff is at a store the delays Arne their fault. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

3 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It was a general comment that regardless of how good the staff is at a store the delays Arne their fault. 

Like people who don't tip because the kitchen messed up, and the server gave perfect service

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

28 minutes ago, Scotland blue said:

I just called the customer service department at Taylormade with concerns over a Sim driver head that is now sounding funny and has lost about 30 yards in comparison to my M4.  I was told that the CS turnaround time would be 5-6 weeks.  Our local golf store is a joke with teenagers basically running the store and taking turns in the simulator, pass on their review.

Anyone else have these challenges ???

It seems as though you have two separate complaints? One being the driver which sadly how things are 5-6 weeks does sound about right and most oems are backed up as stated above. 

The second being with the store. That I don't see having a direct connection to your driver, but more often local shops still have to go through TM reps, maybe there could be a demo they can lend you while you're is either replaced or fixed? Either way if it's the kids you don't like ask for a manager or someone who can assist you better with your problem and there you can always let your frustrations with their service be known... However I still dont see the connection to the driver based off what you wrote.

Regardless hope it all gets settled for you and you get your 30 plus yards back!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

29 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

The second being with the store. That I don't see having a direct connection to your driver, but more often local shops still have to go through TM reps, maybe there could be a demo they can lend you while you're is either replaced or fixed? Either way if it's the kids you don't like ask for a manager or someone who can assist you better with your problem and there you can always let your frustrations with their service be known... However I still dont see the connection to the driver based off what you wrote.

I interpreted it as he would go to the local store to get it resolved but they don’t have competent staff and couldn’t evaluate the driver.   I think the expectation wa s that the store would give him one off the rack.   We know they wouldn’t do that, they would call TM CS and be told the same 5-6 weeks. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I interpreted it as he would go to the local store to get it resolved but they don’t have competent staff and couldn’t evaluate the driver.   I think the expectation wa s that the store would give him one off the rack.   We know they wouldn’t do that, they would call TM CS and be told the same 5-6 weeks. 

Most likely that is correct and the case, but as you said the store cannot just give one off the rack. Warranties go through manufacturers as you say and unless they have a demo program or something where they can lend one out during that time we know it will be a while to get one as a replacement through TM. Either way hope it gets sorted for him and maybe he can get some help from another store or directly through TM. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Scotland blue said:

Follow up to the Sim Driver situation

I took the driver into the LGS that I had my reservations about and they had one of their guys hit it in the demo bay.  He was at 105 mph which is a wee bit faster than me at 103 and he took 6-7 swings with it and pronounced it solid and good to go.  I did break up their party time to have them look at it and feel bad about that.  Their service level and courtesy was at the level that I expected.

I wasn't satisfied with that answer and procedure so I drove to another town and went into the LGS there.  The manager wasn't in but the assistant manager was the guy that waited on me.  He was very pleasant and courteous all the time.  I asked him if he could look at this head and/or test it and see if there was something amiss or a crack.  He took the club and looked at it for about 15 seconds and said "There is a crack in the crown here".    He said that if I could wait for about 10 minutes he would call Taylormade and see what could be done.  I was surprised and said that I would wait whatever time it took.  After about 5 minutes he returned and asked me my name and said that Taylormade had approved it for a replacement with a Sim2 from the store's inventory and upon receipt of the Sim driver Taylormade would replace the store's inventory with whatever Sim2 driver I choose.  

It was surprising and a pleasant task then ahead of me to choose a replacement from their ample inventory.  I choose a Sim2 10.5 head on a Hzrdus RDX Smoke Hexcell 60g in a 6.0 as they did not have any Ventus shafts available.  The Asst. Manager then offered to remove the grip from my Sim shaft if I wanted to keep it and if I wanted to try another shaft in the Sim2 to return and they would accommodate me from their inventory.  He also said if I wanted to change out the shaft in the Sim driver that they were sending in, "just bring it in within the next 5 days with any shaft that fits and we'll change it out for you".  After that apparently they send off a batch of warranty clubs to TM.

I have bought a few minor items from this store but that is going to change going forward.   Good job Taylormade.

Glad to hear you got things figured out. Your story is not surprising to me at all. The level of competence and service, across the entire spectrum of goods and service industries, varies widely.  Further, it has been my experience that the customer service, as a whole, has declined as the years roll along...ymmv.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

• 2 weeks later...

Second Follow Up:

I needed to have a couple of SM7 wedges bent a wee bit and took both of them into the OTHER LGS in the other city I used last time. I also took the new replacement Sim2 (it was replacing a Sim driver with a crack in the head) back to the second LGS in another city as mentioned in my last post.  The head was making a  dull thud upon impact sound and very different from any other TM driver that I've owned.  I didn't know if the Sim2 replacement was just sounded that way as the head was designed or if there was a problem with the head itself.  Could it be that I was just missing the sweet spot on almost all the swings ??? I know that with my swing speed I could not have damaged it playing and it hasn't been dropped or damaged any other way.

Different staff this time but just as polite and professional.  I had a young sales guy hit my Sim2 and another off the rack  and see if we could hear or discover a problem.  This young guy also had a similar swing speed to mine and after hitting it 4-5 times said that the ball reacted the same on all shots and he could not tell from that demo if there was anything wrong with the head.  Another young salesman was watching the demo with me and said that the driver off the store's rack sounded different than my Sim2.

The demo hitter said that he would send the club into TM and they would run analysis on it to see if there was a problem and let me know.  I said fine as it was not in my bag due to the sound and the falloff in performance.  I was bagging my older M4.  They also mentioned that it would be a 5-6 week turnaround.

This morning I got a call that my wedges were ready to pick up and that TM had been contacted and was willing to replace this driver ALSO!!!!!  This call was from the store manager and he said that I could have the damaged Sim2 back to play with until the replacement arrived or just have them hold it until the replacement arrived.  I mentioned to him that it wasn't in the bag and I would wait the 5-6 weeks that he also mentioned.  He then said when the replacement came in that they would change around any combo of SIM2 head and shaft to get what I would want.

I looked over the store's inventory and it is more than enough to choose a good combo from.  I'm thinking about moving to a Sim2MAX head this time with a Ventus made for shaft, either a 50g stiff or a 60g stiff. 

Good news on the warranty side but........ a long wait for a second try at a replacement. 

Titleist Pro V-1x 

what are you doing to these poor drivers?

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

32 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

what are you doing to these poor drivers?

It's probably due to my powerful and furious swing speed of 101-103 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Titleist Pro V-1x 

• 2 weeks later...

I dealt with Taylormade customer service earlier this year and could not be happier. I received quick responses from the same guy, they warrantied my SIM driver and replaced it for me.

I'm a hockey player playing golf today.
TSR3, Ventus Blue Velocore 7X
JPX 921 Tour Irons
Evnroll EV5.1
ProV1x

• 2 weeks later...

THIRD FOLLOW UP:

I got a call a couple of days ago that TM had approved a replacement for the second Sim2 driver head to come from this store's inventory.  They also allowed me to switch out a Diamana shaft that I had in the driver going back to TM with a lesser TM shaft.

I went into the store and again the staff was super cool and helpful.  After thinking it through, I opted for a Sim2 Max head at 10.5 and a Ventus Blue shaft(non premium version).  I changed out the grip and next day played 18.  This combo is great and after getting use to it was producing some great drives.  The sound from this Max head was so different from the other defective heads.

Hope this one holds up to my powerful 100mph+- swing. 😁

Titleist Pro V-1x 

• 1 month later...

My Sim OG cracked this year and I received a new one from Taylormade through warranties. It took 1-2 months this spring but I was allowed to keep my cracked sim until the new one came in.

I don't think there is any decline in customer service, I simply think given the current market conditions it's pretty tough for any brand to get you a new driver quickly outside of telling the store to replenish. I dont think that really has anything to do with their customer service as it sounds like Taylormade was willing to take care of you both times.

Right Handed

Taylormade sim2 9 degree ventus black 7x ( velecore) 44.5

Callaway epic flash sz 5 wood 17 degree tensi AV blue X

Mizuno CLK 19 degree tensi av blue X

Callaway x forged 16 4-pw Project x 6.0 +.75

Vokey SM7 black 50/54/58 Project x 6.0 flighted +.5 length 

Scotty cameron newport 2.6 34 length

On 6/19/2021 at 2:04 AM, Scotland blue said:

Follow up to the Sim Driver situation

I took the driver into the LGS that I had my reservations about and they had one of their guys hit it in the demo bay.  He was at 105 mph which is a wee bit faster than me at 103 and he took 6-7 swings with it and pronounced it solid and good to go.  I did break up their party time to have them look at it and feel bad about that.  Their service level and courtesy was at the level that I expected.

I wasn't satisfied with that answer and procedure so I drove to another town and went into the LGS there.  The manager wasn't in but the assistant manager was the guy that waited on me.  He was very pleasant and courteous all the time.  I asked him if he could look at this head and/or test it and see if there was something amiss or a crack.  He took the club and looked at it for about 15 seconds and said "There is a crack in the crown here".    He said that if I could wait for about 10 minutes he would call Taylormade and see what could be done.  I was surprised and said that I would wait whatever time it took.  After about 5 minutes he returned and asked me my name and said that Taylormade had approved it for a replacement with a Sim2 from the store's inventory and upon receipt of the Sim driver Taylormade would replace the store's inventory with whatever Sim2 driver I choose.  

It was surprising and a pleasant task then ahead of me to choose a replacement from their ample inventory.  I choose a Sim2 10.5 head on a Hzrdus RDX Smoke Hexcell 60g in a 6.0 as they did not have any Ventus shafts available.  The Asst. Manager then offered to remove the grip from my Sim shaft if I wanted to keep it and if I wanted to try another shaft in the Sim2 to return and they would accommodate me from their inventory.  He also said if I wanted to change out the shaft in the Sim driver that they were sending in, "just bring it in within the next 5 days with any shaft that fits and we'll change it out for you".  After that apparently they send off a batch of warranty clubs to TM.

I have bought a few minor items from this store but that is going to change going forward.   Good job Taylormade.

I’m happy to see Great Customer Service 👍. Hit it well!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

TaylorMade has been perfect whenever I've had to deal with them.   They make the best woods, far and beyond anyone else.  Their wedges are the best too.  I think I will sell all my Callaway gear and buy a full bag of TaylorMade.  My scores will drop by at least 5 strokes by doing this.

Golf is so much fun.

TaylorMade SIM2 woods, PXG 5 wood, TaylorMade Wedges, Mizuno irons, Scotty Cameron putter and TP5/ProV1x golf balls. 

Club Champ and Long Drive Champ.  

I damaged my 8 iron about 6 weeks ago (rock under leaves not good) and when I contacted them they agreed to replace the club and said it would be the first of October before they could get it replaced. So I was very surprised when my replacement club arrived the very next week. I don't know if you would have the same luck, but you can always prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Needless to say I was extremely pleased. Good luck. 

Driver: :titelist-small:TSi3 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-6 X-Flex

3 wood :titelist-small: HZRFUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.5 Flex

5 wood :titelist-small: TSi3 Graphite Design Tour AD HD-7 X-Flex

7 wood :titelist-small: TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 X-Flex

5-7 iron :taylormade-small: P-770 KBS C-Taper Stiff

8-9 iron :taylormade-small: P-7MB KBS C-Taper Stiff

46-50-54-58 Wedges :vokey-small: SM8 Custom KBS C-Taper 46-50 : KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 54-58

Putter :cameron-small:  Phantom X 11.5