TESTERS WANTED! ×

Dick's/Callaway Driver Giveaway

Not sure if someone else already posted it and I just missed it, but in case not, Dick's is running a promo where if you buy a driver before 6/16 and then select a Callaway pro who wins the US Open, you get that driver for free (in refunded store credit...but still). So not exactly a deal if you weren't in the market BUT if you are in the market for a driver and were looking at Callaway, might as well give this a go and see if you can get it for free.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/s/callaway-epic-golf-clubs-new-tech#informationalsBlock81

Driver: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi2 9.0* w/ Tensei blue stiff shaft // 3 Wood: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi3 15* Tensei white stiff shaft

Hybrid: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e85cafcb95032f919dfafeb5fd18ac1e.jpg GAPR Hi 3h

Irons: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg T300 4-PW + 48* & 53*w/ KBS tour stiff

Wedge: default_cleveland-small.jpg.5931429dde47ec5093bb94bc9d38f8b5.jpg CBX2 58*10

Putter: KS1

Ball: Srixon Z-star // Bag: default_ping-small.jpg.2da16be6ff3360b3177f4439c6c6288b.jpg DLX

• 3 weeks later...

A little late in posting this, but I just saw this thread.  The better deal with this contest is that there was a no-purchase necessary option.  Write your name and contact info and your choice of winner and mail it in and if your guy wins you get the store credit gift card.  I sent mine in earlier this week once I was sure Rahm was going to be able to play.  Needless to say I'm a big Jon Rahm fan this weekend.

Callaway actually did this same contest a decade ago or so back when Phil was their only real tour pro.  If Phil won the masters then you got your driver for free and they had the same no-purchase necessary option (I think this is required by law in a lot of states).  I filled it out 2 years in a row and then forgot the next year and that was the year Phil won the masters 😥.  

So no whoever picked rahm  won!!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Super excited to see Rahm win as he is who I picked with my no-purchase necessary contest entry.  Re-read the rules again since I have in theory "won" and my previous post was incorrect.  The mail in entries don't get a gift card, they're going to send me a driver of my choice.  This will make the full bag fitting I had scheduled for next week a little more interesting.  I really want to know what the best driver for me is, but I also have 30 days to pick one of the Epic drivers and shaft combos that I'm getting for free.  So I need to find the best driver and then the best Epic driver/shaft combo for me.  

I guess that is irony since driver is the one club I wasn't planning on replacing since I got fitted for a PXG 0811 XF last season but it was way cheaper to get the full bag fitting compared to irons, hybrids, FW, etc that I actually do need to replace.  

Congrats to those who chose Rahm

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

18 hours ago, John Galt said:

I did the same! Will they be reaching out to us soon to ask for which one we want? 

The rules are not very clear about what will happen next.  It says that all prizes need to be claimed by July 15th, but I'm assuming that only applies to people who purchased a driver and entered via web form.  My assumption is based on the fact that it also says that people who entered via mail-in will be sent instructions via email within 30 days of being verified as a winner.  Obviously, 30 days from being verified is going to be well after July 15th since entries can still arrive up until tomorrow 6/23.  Giving them a reasonable amount of time to go through all of the entries and verify winners, I'm guessing we won't be seeing anything for several weeks.  My presumption is that they took all of the mail-in entries and put them in a box/storage with the intent on just throwing them out if a Callaway staffer didn't win.  Being a 3rd party company running this for a profit, there would be no need to process the entries if there wasn't going to be a winner so they probably didn't.  Since Rahm did win, they need to go through all of them now and sort the winners, etc.  My guess is it will take a couple of weeks to do that and then get everyone who won entered into the computer system and coordinate on discount/promo codes with Callaway for the emails to go out.  We'll probably be lucky to get the club by August, but free is free so I'll wait.

It's not in the rules, but is on the entry website that mail-in entries will be fulfilled through callawaygolf.com.  My hope is that means we will be able to just configure the driver however we want (head, loft, shaft, flex, grip, etc.) as you can on the site and then they will give us a promo/coupon code to apply in the cart that takes the price to $0.  

image.png.07b158e5ec51e11603b07ee5f62e7c3b.png

image.png.f6914856e6e0880cf5dfe57011721426.png

image.png.ce3757172b98a892d46e1319d61f5f37.png

I'm cautiously optimistic I'll actually get a driver having selected Rahm  via the no purchase entry.   Trying not to get too excited because it seems like Callaway inserted a lot of wiggle room language info the contest rules.  especially all the language about you sending it in didn't mean we got it.   Still they had to know having a staffer whom was a distinct possibility and not following through would be horrible PR.  Fingers crossed but I'll be reaching out to Callaway and links unlimited if I don't hear something by July 10.  I know 5 guys that all entered and picked Rahm so have more than one data point  about how well they fulfill their obligation. 

G

G-man

yeah, the mail-in entry part is kind of vague on how this will be handled, but mail delivery is remarkably reliable for as much as people joke about it.  I think it's something over 99% of mail gets delivered so if the 3 of us all get the short end of the stick then I'd say something is up.  

I also expect to hear something by July 10th or I too plan on calling the phone number for the contest company

Purchased driver, submitted via online form.  Emailed yesterday to check on redemption status. Below is the email response I recvd.

"Good morning,

Yes, I do see your submission.

Thank you for participating in the “If Callaway Wins, You Win” US Open promotion.   We are currently reviewing all the submitted entries to validate potential winners.   This process may take up to 7 business days.   Once the validation process is complete, you will receive an email confirmation if you have qualified as a winner.   If you qualified for a free driver, we will include instructions for next steps.   We appreciate your patience while we go through the validation process and thank you for choosing Callaway golf!"

I called the 877-884-0048 customer service number just for giggles and after very little wait time spoke to a pleasant young lady.  She said they've have about 3000 non purchase entry potential winners (picked Rahm) and are in the process of validating each person met the eligibility requirements of the contest.  She also said they've received about 2500 calls.  She noted the July 15 prize claim date is likely moving out slightly but they expect emails will go out week of July 12.  So we're getting close but it looks like there's at least a couple more weeks of waiting to get confirmation of being a contest winner.

g

G-man

9 hours ago, G man said:

I called the 877-884-0048 customer service number just for giggles and after very little wait time spoke to a pleasant young lady.  She said they've have about 3000 non purchase entry potential winners (picked Rahm) and are in the process of validating each person met the eligibility requirements of the contest.  She also said they've received about 2500 calls.  She noted the July 15 prize claim date is likely moving out slightly but they expect emails will go out week of July 12.  So we're getting close but it looks like there's at least a couple more weeks of waiting to get confirmation of being a contest winner.

g

Thanks for the update....I figured something like that would be the case.  

Was she able to verify if they had received yours and it's awaiting validation or just that they are showing through them?

She didn't confirm mine just that they were going through all the entries and that it was taking longer than expected and that the July 15 date would be moving out.  Details to be communicated in the email you receive no later than the week of July 12.  So still cautiously optimistic and trying to not get too excited that I've actually won a new driver.

G-man

ok, got impatient and called again.  call was answered on first ring and woman I spoke to said ~ 3000 entries (all hand validated) worth of info headed to Callaway today and winning notification email, requesting driver spec you want should be sent out no later than Monday.  

getting tantalizingly close.  Still only cautiously optimistic.....

G-man

The rules say "WINNERS WHO PARTICIPATED BY MAIL-IN ENTRY shall receive one (1) Callaway Epic Speed driver, Epic MAX driver, or Epic MAX LS driver of their choice, subject to availability; winner’s specifications not guaranteed.   They also say "Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion."  So they could decide to give you $530 worth of last year's XXXL shirts that are still in inventory.......

All of why I only remain cautiously optimistic.....

G-man

26 minutes ago, G man said:

They also say "Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion."  So they could decide to give you $530 worth of last year's XXXL shirts that are still in inventory.......

While that would suck for you guys, it would be funny as hell

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I hope you all get what is rightfully yours! I would be p'ed off and would take this to Twitter/Insta if not

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

1 hour ago, doodah12 said:

I'm also waiting anxiously on the winning email. Not sure which driver to choose.  Being that this is a Dicks/Golf Galaxy promotion, if I walk in with my winning email, do you think I could get a free fitting to figure out which driver works best? 

I doubt they will give you a full fitting for free.  The promotion was for people who bought the club from them, we're basically a loop hole and our club will be supplied through the Callaway site so they won't make any money off you at all.

You could try going in at an off hour time and see if someone who is there will spend some time helping you out but that would depend on what else they have to do.  

8 hours ago, G man said:

The rules say "WINNERS WHO PARTICIPATED BY MAIL-IN ENTRY shall receive one (1) Callaway Epic Speed driver, Epic MAX driver, or Epic MAX LS driver of their choice, subject to availability; winner’s specifications not guaranteed.   They also say "Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion."  So they could decide to give you $530 worth of last year's XXXL shirts that are still in inventory.......

I'm not too worried about then substituting sometime else.  My guess is that is just CYA terms they put in there in case something happened where they couldn't fulfill orders.  If the clubs are still available for purchase on the site, it would be difficult to say they aren't available.  It would be a PR nightmare.

Recvd email update today from Links Unlimited on behalf of Callaway. See email text below.

"You have won a $586 Dick’s Sporting Goods gift card by correctly picking the Callaway pro to win the U.S. Open! 

We are processing the shipment of the card and you can expect to receive it within 2-3 weeks. 

You will receive an email notification with tracking details once it ships."

I've got nothing yet but the gal I spoke with said the no purchase necessary winner info was going to Callaway and it would be Monday before emails were sent out.  Makes sense that Callaway would send those out as the drivers get fulfilled by Callawaygolf.com

g

G-man

I bought an Epic Speed driver begiining of June, filled out the online form, picked Rahm, and have heard nothing. Called the 877-884-0048 number. They have my form, but it is considered invalid because the picture of the receipt did not come through. The form asks for a picture of the receipt, and a picture of the neck of the club. The site only accepts one photo. I need to retake the photo of the receipt, and send it again, by Friday to become valid. Just sharing this info in case someone else is in the same situation.

Paper entry, everything perfect following rules.  Took it to the post office on the 14th to be sure I got a good in time stamp.  5 friends also entered and picked Rahm.  Nobody I know has heard a word.

G

G-man

I think it's probably still a little early.  If the contest company didn't transmit the winners list to Callaway until Friday, then I wouldn't be surprised if it takes them a week or so to generate 3000 promo codes and get them sent out.  They're probably populating some giant database/mailing list and we'll all get them at the same time.  Also, it probably isn't someone's full time job so they got the list on Friday afternoon and said "I'll deal with that next week".  They aren't nearly as eager as we are.....