Dick's/Callaway Driver Giveaway

1 hour ago, doodah12 said:

I'm also waiting anxiously on the winning email. Not sure which driver to choose.  Being that this is a Dicks/Golf Galaxy promotion, if I walk in with my winning email, do you think I could get a free fitting to figure out which driver works best? 

I doubt they will give you a full fitting for free.  The promotion was for people who bought the club from them, we're basically a loop hole and our club will be supplied through the Callaway site so they won't make any money off you at all.

You could try going in at an off hour time and see if someone who is there will spend some time helping you out but that would depend on what else they have to do.  

8 hours ago, G man said:

The rules say "WINNERS WHO PARTICIPATED BY MAIL-IN ENTRY shall receive one (1) Callaway Epic Speed driver, Epic MAX driver, or Epic MAX LS driver of their choice, subject to availability; winner’s specifications not guaranteed.   They also say "Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion."  So they could decide to give you $530 worth of last year's XXXL shirts that are still in inventory.......

All of why I only remain cautiously optimistic.....

I'm not too worried about then substituting sometime else.  My guess is that is just CYA terms they put in there in case something happened where they couldn't fulfill orders.  If the clubs are still available for purchase on the site, it would be difficult to say they aren't available.  It would be a PR nightmare.

Recvd email update today from Links Unlimited on behalf of Callaway. See email text below.

"You have won a $586 Dick’s Sporting Goods gift card by correctly picking the Callaway pro to win the U.S. Open! 

We are processing the shipment of the card and you can expect to receive it within 2-3 weeks. 

You will receive an email notification with tracking details once it ships."

• Like 2

Nice, now you need to figure out what to buy with $586 worth of credit at Dick's.  Maybe a new fairway wood and a putter to go with your Epic driver?

I've got nothing yet but the gal I spoke with said the no purchase necessary winner info was going to Callaway and it would be Monday before emails were sent out.  Makes sense that Callaway would send those out as the drivers get fulfilled by Callawaygolf.com

g

G-man

Anyone who sent in a winning paper entry received an email ?  I’ve not seen anything yet, starting to wonder. Thanks

I bought an Epic Speed driver begiining of June, filled out the online form, picked Rahm, and have heard nothing. Called the 877-884-0048 number. They have my form, but it is considered invalid because the picture of the receipt did not come through. The form asks for a picture of the receipt, and a picture of the neck of the club. The site only accepts one photo. I need to retake the photo of the receipt, and send it again, by Friday to become valid. Just sharing this info in case someone else is in the same situation.

• Like 1

Paper entry, everything perfect following rules.  Took it to the post office on the 14th to be sure I got a good in time stamp.  5 friends also entered and picked Rahm.  Nobody I know has heard a word.

G

G-man

I think it's probably still a little early.  If the contest company didn't transmit the winners list to Callaway until Friday, then I wouldn't be surprised if it takes them a week or so to generate 3000 promo codes and get them sent out.  They're probably populating some giant database/mailing list and we'll all get them at the same time.  Also, it probably isn't someone's full time job so they got the list on Friday afternoon and said "I'll deal with that next week".  They aren't nearly as eager as we are.....

• Like 1

I got impatient and called the contest company.  She told me Callaway started sending out the emails this morning and they are doing it in small batches and may take up to 48 hours for them to get them all out.

She was able to confirm that they did receive my entry and I was indeed a 🎉 winner 🎉 so my email should be coming in the next 2 days.....

• Like 1

Just got my email.  It is indeed a coupon code and you just go on the website and configure a driver like you are going to buy it on your own.  We have until Aug. 31st to redeem it.  

21 minutes ago, doodah12 said:

Now the only problem is which one to choose? 

Go get fit.  Your getting a free $530 driver so the $120 you're going to spend on a fitting is a small price to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

Got fit today.   Max, Hazard smoke, stiff, 50g, 44.5".  10 yds longer and tighter dispersion than my current driver.  Thanks John rahm and Callaway! 

• Like 2

G-man