TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golf Shoe Shortage?

Brian A

Is it me or is anyone else having trouble finding shoes right now? I’m a size 10.5 and no one seems to have the ones I like in stock. (Specifically looking for Adidas Tour 360, but other shoes I kind of like no luck either) 

Or is there something I’m not tuned in to and they just haven’t released and it’s still old stock?

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I remember last season seeing a ton of 360s for sale at steep discounts. It could be that adidas is trying to push people more into the ZG1.

As far a supply, golf was huge last season so it's likely that a lot of new golfers bought 360s on discount or golfers getting back into golf did. I have still seen quite a few of the tour 360 XTs around in 10.5. 

Right Handed

Taylormade sim2 9 degree ventus black 7x ( velecore) 44.5

Callaway epic flash sz 5 wood 17 degree tensi AV blue X

Mizuno CLK 19 degree tensi av blue X

Callaway x forged 16 4-pw Project x 6.0 +.75

Vokey SM7 black 50/54/58 Project x 6.0 flighted +.5 length 

Scotty cameron newport 2.6 34 length

5 hours ago, Flip4000 said:

I remember last season seeing a ton of 360s for sale at steep discounts. It could be that adidas is trying to push people more into the ZG1.

As far a supply, golf was huge last season so it's likely that a lot of new golfers bought 360s on discount or golfers getting back into golf did. I have still seen quite a few of the tour 360 XTs around in 10.5. 

Any advice where you e seen them? 

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

No shortage of golf shoes at my house:  FJ Dryjoys Tour-2 pair, FJ Contour BOA-2 pair, FJ Pro/sl, FJ Superlite, Ecco Biom, Addidas 360, Puma Ignite Hightops, Puma spikeless-2 pair, Etonic spikeless, Ecco Fred Couples.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

10.5 is one of the most popular sizes. That could explain some of it.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

48 minutes ago, MattF said:

This. That’s a size in any athletic footwear that goes quickly and has a high demand. 

The secondary market for high demand golf shoes like jordans in size 10 is a good 15-20% higher for that size than under size 9. 9/9.5-13 is the range of popular size.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, MattF said:

I get all stoked when I see a listing for a great looking shoe on clearance... then see only size 8 available in the drop down menu 😐.  Size 12 is pretty dang popular too.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

2 hours ago, fozcycle said:

No shortage of golf shoes at my house:  FJ Dryjoys Tour-2 pair, FJ Contour BOA-2 pair, FJ Pro/sl, FJ Superlite, Ecco Biom, Addidas 360, Puma Ignite Hightops, Puma spikeless-2 pair, Etonic spikeless, Ecco Fred Couples.

Welcome...we've been waiting for you...the True OG Shoe Ho 🤣

I have these same issues...and my wife calls me Imelda...I have 11 pairs in all, and 5 that I've bought in the last year and a half

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

2 hours ago, fozcycle said:

I know you have ankle problems Foz, but this looks like someone that hasn't found the right shoe yet and stuck with it.  

I wear size 12 in most shoes, and I haven't noticed a shortage unless there is a closeout, then the only size available seems to be a 7 or 8.  😂

I generally stick with one shoe until the sole wears out or it looks too shabby to wear on the course.  I'm currently wearing the True Original in white, but I'm not fond of the sock liner; make it hard to get the shoe on for this old guy.  Once on, they are great!

My previous pair were Skechers which were nice.  The nubs on the soles are worn, so I wear them when I go to the course for short game and putting practice.  I can still play in them, but I don't when it's early in the morning after the sprinklers have been on all night.  I will probably get another pair when the Trues need replacing.

I also have a pair of the original Adidas Tour 360 for spikes.  I haven't worn them in years, because the spikeless shoes are more comfortable.  I should get them out and see if they still fit.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I'm currently wearing the True Original in white, but I'm not fond of the sock liner; make it hard to get the shoe on for this old guy.  Once on, they are great!

I think they changed this up slightly with the True Original 1.2.  The last 5 pairs of shoes I've bought have all been from True Linkswear, and I don't think I'll ever wear another brand again.

• :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

25 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

I think they changed this up slightly with the True Original 1.2.  The last 5 pairs of shoes I've bought have all been from True Linkswear, and I don't think I'll ever wear another brand again.

I have worn True Linkswear shoes for years, starting with their first Original shoe.  I love the zero drop.  Then they went through a period where the quality of their shoes sucked.  I sent them pics of what my shoes looked like after a couple of months, and they sent me a coupon for $150 which I eventually used for the shoes I have now.  If the sock liner has changed, I might get another pair.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

Welcome...we've been waiting for you...the True OG Shoe Ho 🤣

I have these same issues...and my wife calls me Imelda...I have 11 pairs in all, and 5 that I've bought in the last year and a half

I think @fozcycle is a charter member 😂

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

28 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Oh yes, I'm very familiar with that thread, but it's been a while since I've seen anyone post there.

In fact, I was the last person to post in that thread...over a year ago.

Edited by M. Parsons

18 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

BTW, I left off 2 pair of Nike TW’s......

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

No more spiked golf shoes for me. They are pain the a$& to maintain. 6 pairs of Ecco’s “spikeless” EU size 47 which is close to a 13.5 US. Hard to find 13.5’s anywhere. 

Bag full of old Ping stuff (K15 irons and hybrids)

Cameron Squareback Select

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I know you have ankle problems Foz, but this looks like someone that hasn't found the right shoe yet and stuck with it.   

You are correct.......I have only one pair of Hightops, Puma Ignites.  I had a second pair of Pumas, but the cleat system failed.  I am always looking for another pair.

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I have worn True Linkswear shoes for years, starting with their first Original shoe.  I love the zero drop.  Then they went through a period where the quality of their shoes sucked.  I sent them pics of what my shoes looked like after a couple of months, and they sent me a coupon for $150 which I eventually used for the shoes I have now.  If the sock liner has changed, I might get another pair.

I bought a pair of FootJoy Pro S/L a few months ago.  I love the lower drop. I have less joint pain, can walk 18 holes without getting tired feet and legs. My wife was the one to suggest the connection between the lower drop and increased comfort.  "After all, we weren't born with one inch heels" as she would say. I know pediatrists claim increased drop helps keep things in alignment and strongly discourage the use of zero drop shoes, but I can't help but trust the way my body feels after walking 18 holes.  The older I get, the more trusting what my body is telling me and ignoring the talking-heads seems to be the case!

As a result, I have been seriously considering the True OG Premium not only for the course, but for the office as well.  

Try finding shoes for a size 13 1/2 foot.  ECCO is about it unless I find a small 14.

Started playing late in life, but as I got older I found that golf is a much better activity than a lot of things old folks get into, plus I meet some of the nicest most interesting people!

I wear 12 or 11.5 Extra fat foot. I finally found an acceptable pair to replace my 10 year old pair. I kind of get the concern finding shoes, but I'm not willing to spend over $100.

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

16 hours ago, Brian A said:

Is it me or is anyone else having trouble finding shoes right now? I’m a size 10.5 and no one seems to have the ones I like in stock. (Specifically looking for Adidas Tour 360, but other shoes I kind of like no luck either) 

Or is there something I’m not tuned in to and they just haven’t released and it’s still old stock?

https://www.carlsgolfland.com/search/go?ts=custom&w=adidas+tour+360#/filter:shoe_size_filter:10.5

So now I know what that strange odor is that comes with a southern breeze. It's from all the golf shoe ho's down south's closets! 🤣

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

24 minutes ago, JeremyD said:

I wear 12 or 11.5 Extra fat foot. I finally found an acceptable pair to replace my 10 year old pair. I kind of get the concern finding shoes, but I'm not willing to spend over $100.

I'm a 16, finding a shoe for any occasion sucks, but luckily there are a few out there that cater to us gun boats - Nike, Callaway, FJ (very limited has to be custom built). Been wearing the Nike's lately.. if you're 16 W good luck, probably FJ only.

6 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

This. That’s a size in any athletic footwear that goes quickly and has a high demand. 

The secondary market for high demand golf shoes like jordans in size 10 is a good 15-20% higher for that size than under size 9. 9/9.5-13 is the range of popular size.

Totally get that, I am a sneaker head off the course and it’s never easy

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

4 hours ago, No3Jacks said:

No more spiked golf shoes for me. They are pain the a$& to maintain. 6 pairs of Ecco’s “spikeless” EU size 47 which is close to a 13.5 US. Hard to find 13.5’s anywhere. 

Yeah I know I wear size 13 US and some shoe brands I need a 13.5

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So now I know what that strange odor is that comes with a southern breeze. It's from all the golf shoe ho's down south's closets! 🤣

LOL there aint no shoe ho here--- Club and Bag Ho yes----- I own 2 pairs of golf shoes with spikes but most of the time I play in Chucky T Converse or Sketchers. Lately I am leaning towards the Sketchers. Done wore one pair with nubbies out and my wife ordered some for me just a hour or so ago. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 hours ago, Brian A said:

Totally get that, I am a sneaker head off the course and it’s never easy

LOL I never knew what a sneaker head was untill they had a discussion over on WRX one night. Even if I am an old fart I thought it was cool. Not my cup of tea but I find it cool

G

I have 2 pairs of Footjoy, 2 pairs of Addidas, 3 pairs of Nikes, and 1 pair of Ashworth. I'm looking at some Reebock but haven't pulled the trigger.

Titleist irons, Cobra Driver,Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey putter

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

LOL I never knew what a sneaker head was untill they had a discussion over on WRX one night. Even if I am an old fart I thought it was cool. Not my cup of tea but I find it cool

My collection is small but I kind of enjoy the bit of personality they show. It’s a crazy world, maybe even moreso than the golf equipment nuts

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I work PT at a running store and there are some shoes we can't get right now. Hiking boots are almost unavailable. I suspect it will take several months to sort itself out. I bought a pair of waterproof trail running shoes-good traction and dry feet. And as others noted, you are a popular size.