Golf Shoe Shortage?

Brian A

So now I know what that strange odor is that comes with a southern breeze. It's from all the golf shoe ho's down south's closets! 🤣

• Haha 4

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

24 minutes ago, JeremyD said:

I wear 12 or 11.5 Extra fat foot. I finally found an acceptable pair to replace my 10 year old pair. I kind of get the concern finding shoes, but I'm not willing to spend over $100.

I'm a 16, finding a shoe for any occasion sucks, but luckily there are a few out there that cater to us gun boats - Nike, Callaway, FJ (very limited has to be custom built). Been wearing the Nike's lately.. if you're 16 W good luck, probably FJ only.

6 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

This. That’s a size in any athletic footwear that goes quickly and has a high demand. 

The secondary market for high demand golf shoes like jordans in size 10 is a good 15-20% higher for that size than under size 9. 9/9.5-13 is the range of popular size.

Totally get that, I am a sneaker head off the course and it’s never easy

• Like 1

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

4 hours ago, No3Jacks said:

No more spiked golf shoes for me. They are pain the a$& to maintain. 6 pairs of Ecco’s “spikeless” EU size 47 which is close to a 13.5 US. Hard to find 13.5’s anywhere. 

Yeah I know I wear size 13 US and some shoe brands I need a 13.5

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 5 thru PW 2016 TM TP CBs Steelfiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy2 52* Stock regular shaft--- SW Callaway Mack Daddy PM grind modified to 10* bounce KBS wedge shaft R---- Putter Scotty Sante Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft you seriously think it was going anywhere? Bag Old School Burton Mini Staff non demontional no advertising

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So now I know what that strange odor is that comes with a southern breeze. It's from all the golf shoe ho's down south's closets! 🤣

LOL there aint no shoe ho here--- Club and Bag Ho yes----- I own 2 pairs of golf shoes with spikes but most of the time I play in Chucky T Converse or Sketchers. Lately I am leaning towards the Sketchers. Done wore one pair with nubbies out and my wife ordered some for me just a hour or so ago. 

• Like 2

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 5 thru PW 2016 TM TP CBs Steelfiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy2 52* Stock regular shaft--- SW Callaway Mack Daddy PM grind modified to 10* bounce KBS wedge shaft R---- Putter Scotty Sante Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft you seriously think it was going anywhere? Bag Old School Burton Mini Staff non demontional no advertising

2 hours ago, Brian A said:

Totally get that, I am a sneaker head off the course and it’s never easy

LOL I never knew what a sneaker head was untill they had a discussion over on WRX one night. Even if I am an old fart I thought it was cool. Not my cup of tea but I find it cool

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

LOL I never knew what a sneaker head was untill they had a discussion over on WRX one night. Even if I am an old fart I thought it was cool. Not my cup of tea but I find it cool

My collection is small but I kind of enjoy the bit of personality they show. It’s a crazy world, maybe even moreso than the golf equipment nuts

• Like 1

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I work PT at a running store and there are some shoes we can't get right now. Hiking boots are almost unavailable. I suspect it will take several months to sort itself out. I bought a pair of waterproof trail running shoes-good traction and dry feet. And as others noted, you are a popular size.

2 hours ago, Brian A said:

My collection is small but I kind of enjoy the bit of personality they show. It’s a crazy world, maybe even moreso than the golf equipment nuts

Yep it is whatever one wants to do. I know some guys collect rare putter covers. Me I mess with old antique clubs and like you said some have a personality all of their own especially a Persimmon wood or a beat to heck battle scarred putter

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2021 at 4:31 AM, Brian A said:

Any advice where you e seen them? 

Typically I see them on EBay, however I would highly recommend going to google, and trying their "shopping search". I use this alot when I am looking for specific items that are seemingly hard to find. I just checked today and seems like PGA superstore and dicks have some in 10.5 available 

Right Handed

Taylormade sim2 9 degree ventus black 7x ( velecore) 44.5

Callaway epic flash sz 5 wood 17 degree tensi AV blue X

Mizuno CLK 19 degree tensi av blue X

Callaway x forged 16 4-pw Project x 6.0 +.75

Vokey SM7 black 50/54/58 Project x 6.0 flighted +.5 length 

Scotty cameron newport 2.6 34 length