Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Decade Foundations - my experience

I float between an 8 and a 12 handicap, I heard really good things about Decade, so I thought I would give the “Decade Foundations” app a shot.

I’ve been using the app for 2 months and haven’t seen my handicap plummet yet on course (I play once a week), but my last few rounds have also been with rented clubs or on new courses, or casual/beer rounds (with no game planning), etc.

Where I have recently noticed a difference is in virtual golf. I am lucky enough to have a skytrak and TGC2019. My average scores w 8ft gimmes turned on pre-decade we’re 6-10 over. This past 2 weeks I haven’t hit worse than 4 over (5 rounds on 5 different courses). My swing and physical ability hasn’t changed at all, but my thought process is completely different and with the benefit of the overhead and flyover views on TGC, I’ve been able to apply the Decade concepts really rapidly and my virtual scores reflect it.

In the first 2 months of Decade, the content really hammers home the importance of controlling putting speed, and target selection. I’ve put work in on the putting speed drills the app recommends which has sharpened up my ability to get into the “gimme” zone on TGC. Decade shows you the dispersion patterns of pros, and has made me realize my physical ability to hit the golf ball to a target isn’t terrible, but my golf iq for how to get around a golf course absolutely was up to this point. In the past I was trying to solve what I thought was “accuracy” problems by forever working on my swing or trying new equipment. What I realize now is you can never be accurate enough if you are picking stupid targets, which I was, even Tiger wasn't accurate enough to be able to “force shots” and aim at every pin. 

I’m really curious to see what happens to the handicap once I get back to more familiar courses that I’ve game planned for. So far, I would absolutely recommend Decade Foundations, it’s changed my mindset and made golf less stressful and frustrating.

I’ll post an update here as I progress w the app!

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

Month 3 is the biggest release of info on how to actually pick targets and month 4 expands on tee shots. It’s mostly concepts up to that point and not much of the actual system. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

Just the concepts have been a game changer so far, I’m excited!

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

Sounds great, but 8 ft gimmes? There isn't anyone I know that qould give me a putt at 8 feet.

Is that term supposed to mean anything inside 8 feet is going in, like it was a gimme?

10.5 Epic Flash

TM 3 Wood

Titleist 20* 5 Wood

Apex Pro Irons

58 TM and 60 Callaway degree wedges

Odyssey Sabertooth Putter

41 minutes ago, JoshDay said:

Sounds great, but 8 ft gimmes? There isn't anyone I know that qould give me a putt at 8 feet.

Is that term supposed to mean anything inside 8 feet is going in, like it was a gimme?

Generally with virtual golf putting is not done vey well.  So instead of trying to putt everything he just turns on that feature.  Basically he is focusing on everything but the putter when playing on the simulator.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG