TESTERS WANTED! ×

Memorial third round leader did NOT withdraw.

Dokex

He did not commit a rules infraction therefore he was not disqualified.  He was required to officially withdraw from the tournament.  But that is simply a terminology issue; either way he was unable to play the final round. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

And to be clear, Mr. Rahm would not have had to withdraw had he chosen to be vaccinated sometime in the past six months, based on the description of the COVID policy I've read.  It was extremely unfortunate that it happened to him, or really that it has happened to anyone over the past year, but at this time its preventable.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

3 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

And to be clear, Mr. Rahm would not have had to withdraw had he chosen to be vaccinated sometime in the past six months, based on the description of the COVID policy I've read.  It was extremely unfortunate that it happened to him, or really that it has happened to anyone over the past year, but at this time its preventable.

So, that sounds like they aren't even testing those that have been vaccinated...is that correct?

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

(CNN)Spanish golfer Jon Rahm was withdrawn from the Memorial Tournament Saturday after testing positive for Covid-19, the PGA Tour announced.

I didn't see anyone who claimed Rahm withdrew, he was withdrawn by tournament officials. Not disqualified that I've seen reported anywhere. But he was out regardless, that's all that really matters. Hopefully everyone learns from this, I suspect any tour players who haven't been vaccinated already are seriously reconsidering their choice. It's free.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

1 minute ago, M. Parsons said:

So, that sounds like they aren't even testing those that have been vaccinated...is that correct?

from what i understand, being vaccinated and showing no symptoms leaves you off of the tour’s testing protocols. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

4 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

That is what is stated in this, and other reports, from a couple months back:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pgat-tour-covid-vaccine-protocols

and in this, talking specifically about the Rahm situation:

Levinson would not disclose whether Rahm had received the COVID-19 vaccine. But under tour protocols that align with CDC guidelines, players who are fully vaccinated are no longer subject to weekly testing. Levinson also said that vaccinated players would not be subject to the contact tracing that Rahm was part of this week.

6 minutes ago, Middler said:

I didn't see anyone who claimed Rahm withdrew, he was withdrawn by tournament officials. Not disqualified that I've seen reported anywhere.

As I understand it, Tour policy is that anyone who tests positive is required to withdraw.  I don't really know whether Rahm had to withdraw, or whether the Tour withdrew him.  But he definitely wasn't DQed, that's a specific penalty under the Rules of Golf, separate from administrative procedures like the Rahm case.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I feel no sympathy for Rahm being withdrawn from the tournament.  He had several months of opportunity to prevent this from happening.  I find it distasteful and appalling in the way the Tour chose to inform him.  I didn't see any of it live as I was watching the women's US Open.  But seeing the video several times last night, left me feeling like surely someone should have known how that was going to look on camera.

I find it hard to believe the results came back as he was finishing up on 18. The better response would have been to do  this behind closed doors with Rahm being handed a mask prior to entering. I hope his playing partners and caddies were all made aware he was in the contact tracing protocol so they could take the necessary precautions to limit their Exposure 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

I’ve heard a lot more about this today - l still think the tours policy is flawed but it’s better than I feared at first.

Under their policy he could not engage in any indoor activities, he and his caddie practiced social distancing and all of his playing partners knew what was going on regarding his exposure. 

All of that certainly minimized the chance of additional spread. 

Additionally he has had 1 vaccination - we have to remember that every state is different. For example a non medical person or non educator 20 something would not have been eligible for the vaccination in Florida until a month ago. If he lives here and is traveling it may have been difficult to arrange for the vaccinations earlier - I don’t know when he had that first vaccination BTW - it could have been very recently. Like last week - right around when he was exposed. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

9 hours ago, revkev said:

Additionally he has had 1 vaccination - we have to remember that every state is different. For example a non medical person or non educator 20 something would not have been eligible for the vaccination in Florida until a month ago. If he lives here and is traveling it may have been difficult to arrange for the vaccinations earlier - I don’t know when he had that first vaccination BTW - it could have been very recently. Like last week - right around when he was exposed. 

According to several sources, including a couple of shows on PGA Tour Radio on SiriusXM, every member of the PGA Tour has had access to the vaccine since early April. Rahm chose to get the first dose last Monday only after being notified of exposure through contact tracing.

50 minutes ago, sixcat said:

According to several sources, including a couple of shows on PGA Tour Radio on SiriusXM, every member of the PGA Tour has had access to the vaccine since early April. Rahm chose to get the first dose last Monday only after being notified of exposure through contact tracing.

Thanks for the further update - 

Still doesn't explain why the Tour allows people who have been exposed to participate in tournaments.  Maybe this will prompt a lot more of the players to get vaccinated.  Certainly Rahm accepted his fate far better than others have.  He knew the rules and knew that he was done as soon as he heard the news.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

3 minutes ago, revkev said:

Thanks for the further update - 

Still doesn't explain why the Tour allows people who have been exposed to participate in tournaments.  Maybe this will prompt a lot more of the players to get vaccinated.  Certainly Rahm accepted his fate far better than others have.  He knew the rules and knew that he was done as soon as he heard the news.

I do hope this precipitates some change.  Both in Tour policy as well as player mindset in getting vaccinated. 

Probably an unpopular opinion but the members of the tour are in the age groups that have greater than 99.9% chance of surviving the virus. The 3 vaccines are still under Emergency Use Authorization and not actually approved by FDA. The process for this skipped any lab testing on animals and other typical processes. Still lots of unknown about the vaccines and long term negative affects. There are lots of individual accounts being posted across various social media platforms of complications from the vaccine as well as medical professionals posting their personal experiences and what they have seen from patients.

I have had family and friends that have had the virus with varying symptoms and most recovered including several elderly with underlying conditions. There have been a few I know that passed away because of the underlying conditions that combined with the virus caused complications.

I’m not surprised there are players who haven’t or won’t get the vaccine. Plenty of athletes across the various sports are also declining it despite the fact it would help loosen the restrictions their leagues have. MLB has several teams that are below the percentage of vaccinated players and are still subject to the various protocols in place. 

Unfortunately there’s been a lot of politicization of the virus on both sides of the aisle, information that’s been kept from the public or downplayed as part of the politicization. Depending on what scientist or medical professional you hear there’s conflicting information. 

in short too many unknowns still and each person should do what they feel is best for them health wise.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

agreed: an unpopular opinion.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

...and I will add - why is this thread even up? 

this will only lead to a bad place with strong opinions on both sides of the issue and comes very close to violating moral codes 2 and 3.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

58 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

...and I will add - why is this thread even up? 

this will only lead to a bad place with strong opinions on both sides of the issue and comes very close to violating moral codes 2 and 3.

That and much of this has been discussed or posted on in the Memorial Event thread. At the very least merge it in...

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 6/8/2021 at 9:48 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but the members of the tour are in the age groups that have greater than 99.9% chance of surviving the virus. The 3 vaccines are still under Emergency Use Authorization and not actually approved by FDA. The process for this skipped any lab testing on animals and other typical processes. Still lots of unknown about the vaccines and long term negative affects. There are lots of individual accounts being posted across various social media platforms of complications from the vaccine as well as medical professionals posting their personal experiences and what they have seen from patients.

I have had family and friends that have had the virus with varying symptoms and most recovered including several elderly with underlying conditions. There have been a few I know that passed away because of the underlying conditions that combined with the virus caused complications.

I’m not surprised there are players who haven’t or won’t get the vaccine. Plenty of athletes across the various sports are also declining it despite the fact it would help loosen the restrictions their leagues have. MLB has several teams that are below the percentage of vaccinated players and are still subject to the various protocols in place. 

Unfortunately there’s been a lot of politicization of the virus on both sides of the aisle, information that’s been kept from the public or downplayed as part of the politicization. Depending on what scientist or medical professional you hear there’s conflicting information. 

in short too many unknowns still and each person should do what they feel is best for them health wise.

Please post these accounts and experiences of long-term serious problems with the vaccines. As no studies or reports show any of this. 

The issue isn't as much the individual person's risk, it is about putting others at risk. 

Yep, we're not going to debate vaccine efficacy here. As with politics and religion, there are lots and lots of websites for discussing that issue.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures