Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Bag set for the season ahead.

So my 1st season back after a lengthy break and I've tried a few odds & sods to get me going. As a lefty with very little local stuff to try I've been scouring eBay for clubs to try with the knowledge that, if I don't get on with it, I should be able to shift it on without too much cost.

So for the 1st proper season I'm going with:

• Driver: King Cobra F6+ Matrix Black Tie Stiff Shaft 

• 3-Wood: Titleist 913F Diamana Stiff Shaft 15°

• Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1 21° Fubuki Stiff Shaft

• Irons: Mizuno MP32 4-PW True Temper S300 Stiff Shaft 

• Gap Wedge: Cleveland CG12 52° Wedge Flex Shaft

• Sand Wedge: Cleveland CG15 56° Wedge Flex Shaft

• Lob Wedge: Cleveland CG15 60° Wedge Flex Shaft

• Putter: DStar Golf Custom KBS CT Tour Shaft

• Ball: Titleist ADX

I'm starting to hit the driver fairly consistently now and seem to be up around the 300y mark.

3 wood doesn't get much use but goes well when I need it too.

The hybrid is a recent addition and will see a lot of use as the course is not long but quite tight and you need to be hitting the right areas to go for the pin.

MP32's are so good when hit right and my strike is improving and yardages are pretty accurate and reliable.

Wedges have been in the bag since before I stopped playing and was fitted for them and are still working well.

Putter is one of my own and the feel and distance is getting better but these are some of the hardest greens, locally, regarding speed and undulations. 

Started at 22.8, now down to 17.7 and hoping to get to 14/15 by the end of the summer.. 

Edited by DStar

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

7 minutes ago, DStar said:

So my 1st season back after a lengthy break and I've tried a few odds & sods to get me going. As a lefty with very little local stuff to try I've been scouring eBay for clubs to try with the knowledge that, if I don't get on with it, I should be able to shift it on without too much cost.

So for the 1st proper season I'm going with:

• Driver: King Cobra F6+ Matrix Black Tie Stiff Shaft 

• 3-Wood: Titleist 913F Diamana Stiff Shaft 15°

• Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1 21° Fubuki Stiff Shaft

• Irons: Mizuno MP32 4-PW True Temper S300 Stiff Shaft 

• Gap Wedge: Cleveland CG12 52° Wedge Flex Shaft

• Sand Wedge: Cleveland CG15 56° Wedge Flex Shaft

• Lob Wedge: Cleveland CG15 60° Wedge Flex Shaft

• Putter: DStar Golf Custom KBS CT Tour Shaft

• Ball: Titleist ADX

Great to hear your getting back to it. Also seems like you like the putter you made yourself. How is that putter working for you.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

4 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

How is that putter working for you.

The putter feels great, really pleased with it so far and getting more consistent.

The greens at my course are fast but they get seriously fast as the temps increase and there's a lot of undulations so I'm learning to read them better. 

I've got a 304SS & carbon steel so trying to use both to work out which I prefer and which one works better. I think the carbon one will be better as the greens speed up as it is just a tad softer but they're both set up with the same grip & shaft so it's an easy swap 👍

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

6 minutes ago, DStar said:

The putter feels great, really pleased with it so far and getting more consistent.

The greens at my course are fast but they get seriously fast as the temps increase and there's a lot of undulations so I'm learning to read them better. 

I've got a 304SS & carbon steel so trying to use both to work out which I prefer and which one works better. I think the carbon one will be better as the greens speed up as it is just a tad softer but they're both set up with the same grip & shaft so it's an easy swap 👍

That's great nice to have a couple options on it to.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3