Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Changes to your bag since the beginning of the season

Since the start of the year I have changed my wedges from the Cobra Kings to Cleveland RTX zipcores. The Cobras were just not spinning the way I wanted and they were set 2* upright which is not good for me now.

A spur of the moment purchase was a Rife Barbados putter as a back up to the Rife two bar Hybrid. The Barbados is in the bag and rolling really well.

As some of you may know I am in the process of looking for new irons. I thought I had found them but thanks to supply chain issues and obviously the demand for them it looks like its not to be (unless I am willing to wait till next year for them). I need to go to stiff shafts again and standard lies thanks to successful hip replacement surgery. I have a fitting day booked for Titleist on the 25th and I'm quite keen on the T100s but we shall see. 

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

My TS3 hybrids, 19 and 21 degree, have come out and been replaced by TaylorMade DHYs!  Other than that, same set up so far, although I continue to investigate re-shafting my irons.  Might postpone that to "offseason" though.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Swapped my TM M3 driver to a Titleist TSi3.  Still need to play around with the new weight in the back its set to neutral.  Switched to new GP MCC Midsize grips.  Put the heaviest SuperSpeed Golf red into my bag for warmups before the round.

Tried adding a less lofted TM FW wood, but gave up on it since it wasn't as consistent as my old Titleist FW.  Will try lowering the loft on the Titleist to get better launch angles.

Lastly, put in an 18" plastic ruler ($7 from Amazon) into my side pocket of my bag to check alignment on the practice green before my round.  Golf.com did an interview with Aaron Baddeley and he got this drill from Butch Harmon.  Using it for 10 ft straight putts with the ball starting in the middle on top of the ruler.  Its been working great for me.  Strokes gained in putting from strokes lost last year.

For style points got a new FW cover and a putter cover from Stitch.  Will have to do the WITB at some point.  

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

Since 2017 I had a Titleist 718 Irons with Callaway Rouge SZ Driver and 3 woods with a Cameron Studio Design Laguna putter. During pandemic I sold all my stuff on ebay and recently acquired a PXG 0211 Irons 5-W, PXG 3 wood and a 19° Hybrid   Callaway MackDaddy Tactical wedges 50°, 56°,60°with Odyssey black #7  putter carried on a PXG fairway black camo stand bag. 

On 6/9/2021 at 10:38 PM, Nunfa0 said:

Since the start of the year I have changed my wedges from the Cobra Kings to Cleveland RTX zipcores. The Cobras were just not spinning the way I wanted and they were set 2* upright which is not good for me now.

A spur of the moment purchase was a Rife Barbados putter as a back up to the Rife two bar Hybrid. The Barbados is in the bag and rolling really well.

As some of you may know I am in the process of looking for new irons. I thought I had found them but thanks to supply chain issues and obviously the demand for them it looks like its not to be (unless I am willing to wait till next year for them). I need to go to stiff shafts again and standard lies thanks to successful hip replacement surgery. I have a fitting day booked for Titleist on the 25th and I'm quite keen on the T100s but we shall see. 

My friend, you will not go wrong with the Titleist T100s irons. I absolutely love mine!!!!!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

What a cool thread to read through.  Good luck to you all on thew changes, I hope everything works out for everyone.  

Changes to my bag this year would be Dust. Haven’t been able to play since early March due to shoulder surgery. 

That said, changes coming will be a new 7 iron Callaway XHOT, 4 iron Callaway XHOT, 1 iron Titleist U15 due to an unfortunate bad fall and these 3 plus my driver shafts breaking. 

Once I get back I’ll have to asses if I want to spend the money on re-shafting the irons or bite the bullet on a complete new set later this summer or early fall and be ready to roll next season. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

The only changes I made were the shafts in my Honma TR20 Tour P irons, going with Nippon Modus 130 stiff. I’m telling y’all right now, best move I’ve made in three years of changes. 
Coming soon are the wedges with the Vegas (that’s plural, not the city in Nevada) moving out, and the Edel SMS taking their spot. Build started yesterday….. Driver HEAD starts its battle this week!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Oofta this was a big year (and a half or so)for changes for me. Irons went from a box set to jpx 921 Forged, Driver went from Nike vaporfly (blue crown) to Sim2 max w/ rogue silver 60x. 
Also, recently picked up some close out Cleveland RTX-4 wedges in 54 and 58 last summer. As well as a new 3 wood last summer- Cobra F9 hzrds black 70x. 
So far loving all the changes. Got fit for the first time for the irons and driver, and it makes such a huge difference! 

:taylormade-small:Driver- Sim2 max; 60x rogue silver 

:cobra-small:3wood- cobra F9; 70x hzrds black 

:taylormade-small:Hybrid- taylormade burner 

:mizuno-small:4-G- JPX921 Forged; Nippon tour 120s 

:cleveland-small:54,58- Cleveland RTX-4

:ping-small:Putter- Ping anser 2 cadence TR

:ping-small:Bag: Ping Hoofer CL

:Snell:Ball: MTB-X

Oh! Also forgot the newest addition.. the bag itself. Just picked up a Hoofer CL, as I’m going to start walking courses a little more and plan on carrying for the time being! 

:taylormade-small:Driver- Sim2 max; 60x rogue silver 

:cobra-small:3wood- cobra F9; 70x hzrds black 

:taylormade-small:Hybrid- taylormade burner 

:mizuno-small:4-G- JPX921 Forged; Nippon tour 120s 

:cleveland-small:54,58- Cleveland RTX-4

:ping-small:Putter- Ping anser 2 cadence TR

:ping-small:Bag: Ping Hoofer CL

:Snell:Ball: MTB-X

No changes since the START of the season, but switched to an M5 and new RTX Zipcore wedges in the off season. I'm cautiously optimistic that the M5 will be ousted by an Epic Speed in the next few weeks.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

On 6/9/2021 at 5:47 PM, Fieldrj said:

I added a Mavrik Pro AW to replace my 50* Vokey SM6. The AW matches my irons set so I get more consistency and a few more yards. Its been one of my best decisions this season, shot my 2 lowest rounds recently, dropped my handicap by about 4!

I did the same thing, dropped my 50 degree Vokey for the AW to match my set. So much more consistent on approach shots. 

:ping-small: Driver: G425 Max 10.5*
:ping-small: Wood: G425 Max
:titelist-small: Hybrid: TS2 23*
:titelist-small: Irons:  6 to GW, T300 
:titelist-small: Wedges:  Vokey SM8 50F, 54S, 58K
:cameron-small: Putter: 1998 Tei3 Newport Long Neck
:titelist-small: Ball: Yellow Titleist VG3
:nike-small: Bag: Nike Air Hybrid Golf Bag

I Love the Art of Putting!

2 hours ago, Nateyeight said:

I did the same thing, dropped my 50 degree Vokey for the AW to match my set. So much more consistent on approach shots. 

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

20 minutes ago, MattF said:

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Oi Oi Oi! hahaha

:ping-small: Driver: G425 Max 10.5*
:titelist-small: Hybrid: TS2 23*
:titelist-small: Irons:  6 to GW, T300 
:titelist-small: Wedges:  Vokey SM8 50F, 54S, 58K
:cameron-small: Putter: 1998 Tei3 Newport Long Neck
:titelist-small: Ball: Yellow Titleist VG3
:nike-small: Bag: Nike Air Hybrid Golf Bag

I Love the Art of Putting!

Well since I'm a "budget" golfers I rarely get new clubs but this year I did get a new to me Calaway BBA and a set of Bombtech wedges which for the price are surprisingly nice clubs... I also polished up my old Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II so that's kind of new... 

20210617_235445.jpg

20210617_235541.jpg

From Wisconsin

Playing Calaway BB X-12s standard length and steel shaft standard

Calaway BBA 9.5°/ stiff flex

Average about 105 on 18 but getting better!

I replaced my driver from a TaylorMade M6 to a Sim2 Max.

Replaced my 22* Ping G500 hybrid with 19* G425 Max.

Finally, I replaced my Ping i500 irons with a Titleist split set. 4-6 T300 and 7-P T200.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max

3 Wood: Ping G410 15*

5 Wood: Ping G425 19*

4-6 Irons: Titleist T300

7-PW: Titleist T200

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0, 50* 56* and 60*

Putter: TaylorMade Spyder

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 1:56 PM, nv00021 said:

I am a Titleist hardcore loyalist but I have to say that I moved the T100s out of the bag for Mizuno JPX Tour with my trusty C-Taper 120 shafts and they have been incredible. I messed around with the lofts (2 weak) and the lie (2 Flat) on the T100's and wanted to go back to standard....now they just felt off to me. 

Rest of the bag:

TSi4 Driver, TSi2 3 and 5 wood. Vokey 50-54-58 and Futura 6M Custom (Mid-Long) used as an Arm lock. 

Update....got the lofts and lie's re-done on the T100s by a professional that knew what he was doing and they are back to normal....feel amazing. Pic of the bag in it's current state 

IMG_2632.jpg

Really the only change is the big stick, swapping back and forth between D7, R1, and Bertha Mini. My goal is to continue to gain more consistency with the D7 so it can stay there permanently for the remainder of the season.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game