Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What’s your Approach?

Today was another lightning in a bottle round of golf.  Checking our my club usage I used my 58 on 16 of 18 holes.  

1 of them was a rocket at 125

1 of them was 105 off the tee

4 of them were in the 80-105 range

1 of them were in the 60-70 range

3 of them were in the 40-60 range

2 of them were in the 30-40 range

3 off them were in the 20-30 range

1 of them was under 10

Even if I moved back a tee, I would have a 52 or PW into the greens unless I hit a short iron off the tee.

Morale of the story is I need to go get a super fit 58° wedge.

Anyone else keep track of this?

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Today was another lightning in a bottle round of golf.  Checking our my club usage I used my 58 on 16 of 18 holes.  

1 of them was a rocket at 125

1 of them was 105 off the tee

4 of them were in the 80-105 range

1 of them were in the 60-70 range

3 of them were in the 40-60 range

2 of them were in the 30-40 range

3 off them were in the 20-30 range

1 of them was under 10

Even if I moved back a tee, I would have a 52 or PW into the greens unless I hit a short iron off the tee.

Morale of the story is I need to go get a super fit 58° wedge.

Anyone else keep track of this?

Yup, this is one of the best things about Arccos.  I was considering dropping a wedge and going to a 52/58 or 50/57 setup.  When I looked at my club usage, I realized that my wedges are by far the most used clubs in my bag and sacrificing a spot in my wedge slot would be extremely foolish.

Yes I do. my 56* is rarely used and 99% of the shots I could use it for I opt to use the 52* which is my most heavily used club. I have debated replacing it recently with something higher end of the bag but we will see.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

7 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I don’t know what to do.  Definitely need to take a look at the bag.  I like swinging for the fences.  I may have to add a 62/64 wedge for the shorter shots.

take out the 2 hybrid, 3 iron, and 4 iron… add a 2 wood… I have no idea.  Or just leave it alone cause it ain’t broke.

Yea its tough if you like to consistently take those full shots. The 52* for me I can use 100 yards and in. Shortside pin along the fringe I cannot but I use the 60* in lieu of the 56* typically. I have learned to love 1/4-3/4 swings lately. All in what ya like buddy!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

11 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I don’t know what to do.  Definitely need to take a look at the bag.  I like swinging for the fences.  I may have to add a 62/64 wedge for the shorter shots.

take out the 2 hybrid, 3 iron, and 4 iron… add a 2 wood… I have no idea.  Or just leave it alone cause it ain’t broke.

How do you see usage in your 2 hybrid/3 iron.  Is one barely used?  Do they overlap in utility or yardages?  I am a big believer in every club needs to have a job.  If a club ends up having a job that is so narrow in scope that I barely use it (ie a driving iron), I look to replace it with a club I would use more often.

I rarely use the 2 hybrid, and I switch it out with the 3 iron depending on the wind.  4 iron is my “fairway finder”, but I can sacrifice it if need be.

the 2 hybrid, if stuck well goes far.  It is a tee club only for me.  Not something I would hit into the greens. 240-260 depending on wind. 

4 iron is a 220+ club now apparently.  I did hit a 5 iron today 220…. 

these T100•S are stupid hit off the face.

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I rarely use the 2 hybrid, and I switch it out with the 3 iron depending on the wind.  4 iron is my “fairway finder”, but I can sacrifice it if need be.

the 2 hybrid, if stuck well goes far.  It is a tee club only for me.  Not something I would hit into the greens. 240-260 depending on wind. 

4 iron is a 220+ club now apparently.  I did hit a 5 iron today 220…. 

these T100•S are stupid hit off the face.

Sounds like you have the opportunity to optimize the top of your bag to free up a club to use lower in the bag (maybe go 52 56 60, 50 54 58 or 50 55 60 depending on your gapping preferences)

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Yea its tough if you like to consistently take those full shots. The 52* for me I can use 100 yards and in. Shortside pin along the fringe I cannot but I use the 60* in lieu of the 56* typically. I have learned to love 1/4-3/4 swings lately. All in what ya like buddy!

I can finesse the wedges.  I used to practice 3-4 hours a day with them…  that’s how I get such a variance out of the 58, but one more wedge could never hurt…. Right?

13 minutes ago, silver & black said:

If I  could hit a 58* 125 yds. it would be the only wedge in my bag. 😂

This one is due for retirement… it’s a PING Glide 1.  Kind of scared to get rid of it.  Like the 3 wood… if I “upgrade” will it perform the same.

I of all people never thought I’d say that I like a CB wedge, but this thing has been a workhorse.  Definitely earned its place in my club HOF.

You can always try a 62 or 64 and see if you like it and revert back if you don't. You can also just replace your Glide with another Glide wedge as I'm sure you can probably find another if your is close to stock. 

I would say that it appears you play a course where a lot of the holes are probably of a similar yardage. This is a little off topic but I really wish course would get more creative with their tee placement. This is one of the downsides of the course rating handicap system as it really locks in certain tees in certain areas. Playing from the back tees should be the longest on the course but there is no reason that they have to be at the tips on every hole every day. Same goes for the other tees. If I were to own a course, people would be confused when they would see the "back" tees sometime being in front of other tees on certain holes. Yes, I would have that much variation. I remember helping with some national MidAm tournaments and golf association setting up the course actually had some of the tees on the ladies (sorry forward) boxes to change things up. It was really eye opening at the time but there is logic to it. You can make some par 4s and par 5s real risk vs reward holes from the forward tees. Unfortunately, the golfers that play lots of handicapped events get all pissy when superintendents are the slightest bit creative because it could throw a wrench in their handicap. Lots of a course's characteristics are lost when tees don't move. Sure, some course have ratings for blended tees and this helps but it still isn't the best. end rant

I use a 49 53 57 61 in Edison wedges.

I use one wood or one 2 iron 

Ping G 400 Max 10.5   
willwood irons 4 to pitching wedge Edisonwedges 49 53 57

taylormade big toe 60

Toulon design Las Vegas 

•