All Good Things Must Come To and End

Congrats on overseeing another course ! Glad you will be still assisting on some things 

• Like 4

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

18 minutes ago, Shankster said:

You have to quote the application announcement post, twice, with no less than 16 meme’s.  Make sure to apply for the US Only tests, and make sure to jump on the Odyssey Putter opportunity when it arrises.

Make sure to reply on the main website, blog comment section for extra entries!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

4 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Actually Make that All Great Things--

After almost 4 years of serving as Moderator, Forum Director and Staff Admin.  It's unfortunately come time that I need  to re prioritize my time commitments. I'm stepping away from my day to day activities/duties of Forum Director and taking on more of advisory role and doing some odds and ends things to help out the moderators and of course @GolfSpy_THV and @GolfSpy MPR as they continue to lead the forum.

I've taken on the responsibility of overseeing another course in our portfolio and it's going to require a lot more of my time and attention.  As such I won't have the time needed to properly serve as a day to day Staff Admin.  You'll still see me around doing some things here and there like running the final two Majors Contests Pools.  Posting any newsworthy releases I get from the OEM's and of course just posting my usual club buying and testing adventures.   

I'm not going away, I promise you that. The staff is in good hands now with THV and MPR and the new additions of @GolfSpy_TCG and @GolfSpy_CS  I'll just be watching from the practice squad ready to fill in if needed and available. 

As I've said, many times over the years, this forum is so great because of the members, you guys made this job easy. We have had to do so little moderating that it allows us to do other cool fun things and not have to worry about what's being posted where.  That is so unusual in this day and age of forums.

Lastly, I have to give a huge thank you to @GolfSpy Barbajo @hckymeyer and @GolfSpy_X for giving me this opportunity several years ago, and for supporting the Admin staff in everything we do, in more ways than you guys will ever know.   Adam is an awesome owner, and Barbs is one the best and most professional dudes I've ever had the chance to "work" with if you call this work!    

Now, I've got a new update to my driver challenge to post soon, so as Miranda would say  "We Out!" 

Thank you for being a really great forum leader and congratulations on the new assignment!

• Like 6

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

Rob, thank you for all you have done and brought to the forum over the years. It has been great to get to know you and engage with many of your different golfing adventures along the way.

Big congrats on the new position and wish you the best of luck with it. Sounds like a exciting and fun challenge which is what we often need in life! 

Glad this isn't a good bye and looking forward to following along with this new chapter in your life.

Thank you again!

• Like 5

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

Thanks for the time Rob! May your future endeavors be as fruitful as you were to us here. You will be missed in your old roll but will be looking forward to having you around still!

• Like 5

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S [back up and on life support Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5" ]

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (may dabble in proV1 at some point)

:Arccos:

Rob, it's always been a pleasure being involved with things you've organized, 3ven the ill fated Myrtle attempt where you said you'd pick up a young me for transportation off a train. One day we'll meet up, I promise, and hopefully you won't even regret it!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Projext X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

🤮⛳   Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

Rob, thanks for all you do on the forum and best of luck going forward. 

• Like 6

TaylorMade Supreme Hybrid Stand Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5° w/HZRDUS Smoke Black

PXG 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

Ping G30 Hybrid 3 19° w/Ping TFC 419H

Ping G410 Crossover 4 23° w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

PXG 0211 Irons 5 - Gap w/True Temper Elevate 95

Callaway Mack Daddy CB 54° W-Grind w/KBS HI-REV 2.0 105

Evnroll ER7 34”

Kirkland Signature V2.0 3 piece 

Mileseey PF210 Laser Rangefinder

Clicgear 3.5+

Thanks for all your efforts over the years Rob. I’ve enjoyed reading about your club hoing, sorry, quest for better equipment for a long time, even prior to your moderator role.

Enjoy the challenge of your expanding day job, different stresses and hopefully you will get to play more often.

As has been previously noted, big shoes to fill, and that’s not related to your stature!

Hopefully I’ll get to tee it up with you one day

• Like 5
  • Love 1

:ping-small:  G400 SFT Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

8 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

In addition I often used him a sounding board on a PM to a “misbehaving” member that I was about to send.

giphy.gif

All kidding aside, Rob, thanks for everything you've done for the community and the laughs you've given us as a true club ho. All the best mate and hopefully we can get together again for another round.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Rob - congrats on the expanded role managing another course. Hopefully that comes with a raise so you can buy even more golf stuff!. Thank you for doing what i consider a tough job as a mod - your exemplary performance in this role has made this site even more special. Wishing you the best And DON'T BE A STRANGER! 

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Welcome to the retired forum directors club!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I'm very happy for your new position my friend - what a year you've had.  I'm also honored to be posting after Mr. Theo - miss having you around bud.  Let me know if ever you make another Florida stop.

Each moderator has added something unique to the mix.  I hate when they go and disappear and am very thankful when they step back but remain as active forum members.  I also understand that often the reason for stepping back is that their life got a bit more hectic.  That's usually a good thing.

Best wishes Rob - I'm still saying you need to add the SIM2 to your driver mix. 🙂

• Like 5

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

51 minutes ago, Mr_Theoo said:

Welcome to the retired forum directors club!

LOL..Thanks, when do I learn the secret handshake 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

15 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Ah man Rob. I only know you as ”CG2” what was your non-MGS handle?! 

I don’t think we can say thank you enough for everything you contributed as a moderator and admin for this site.     From regular posts, private messages, and testing threads you’ve been nothing but great to talk to and work with. As sad as it is to lose you there it sounds like you’re getting a great opportunity at work and I’m glad to hear you won’t be leaving us.  

Thank you Rob for everything you’ve done for MGS. Looking forward to your future unofficial posts and continued conversations!

Rob initially was MGS Rob when he promoted just to confuse the heck out of all of us because he was GC2 before that. We were all happy when he changed it even though we knew who we was it was nice to see his original name back. 

Rob you’ve done great at your job and everything you’ve done has been great. It was nice to talk to you on here before you came a mod and as you were a mod. I definitely need to make the drive down your way and get a round in with you and some others at some point.

• Like 4