Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Smart sensors like Arccos or golf pad tags -- what would you recommend?

You can now purchase the Golf Pad Tags for $99 for a set of 15 sensors. Are these any good?

What sensors do you use and do you like them? Do they work well or not worth it?

Interested in your user experience with any of these smart sensor type of products.

MN Hacker just trying to improve 1 stroke at a time.

Hey, Welcome to the forums!  

I'm not familiar with those sensors, but the bigger part of the equation is the software that they run on.  Companies like Arccos and Shot Scope continue to innovate and add new things to the software which really increased the value of the sensors.  With Arccos having a lot of OEM integrations now I feel comfortable that they will continue to develop the software which will make it even better in the future.  

From the amazon reviews of the Golf Pad Tags I wouldn't be expecting much in support with the software if it wasn't working well, or draining your battery quickly.

Of course this is just my opinion.  For $99 and with amazon's return policy's it might be worth a try to see if it gives you what you're looking for in shot tracking.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Yes, welcome to the forums!  I'm not sure what clubs you are hitting, but if you have any PING club from 2017 and newer (I think G400 & newer) you might be able to contact PING and ask about getting the Arccos sensors.  That's what I did, because I had PING irons and the G400 driver at the time when PING announced that they were going to start putting Arccos in their clubs.  I have a buddy that uses Shot Scope and he held one of my irons the last time we played and he said he didn't like the way the Arccos sensors felt, but I don't have a problem with them, I just have to keep making sure they stay screwed into the grips.  I do know that the Shot Scope sensors are a lot thinner and may not get in your way as much.  Also, before I got my Arccos sensors, I was using Game Golf, which is an app, and you can buy sensors or go with no sensors and just tell the app which club you're about to hit.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

I like the shot scope, the tags work without having to tap them on anything, just pull the club and hit the ball

the V2 watch is $99 and comes with the tags and gps so you can use it for yardages and track you game

Three, Albatross'

Three Holes in One

Plus, when I was 5 the first ball I ever hit on a golf course went in the hole, so I have that going for me.

My bag is a mish mash of Srixon drivers, cobra and adams fairways, TA1 irons and Hopkins wedges, plus a Cure putter.  

I've tried a few, but have no experience with Golf Pad. I am tempted to try Garmin now that I have a compatible watch, but right now just have a 3pack trial that I haven't tested yet. Of the ones I've tried:

• Shot Scope: would be my top choice if they had a Garmin watch app instead of their own hardware. I found this to be very successful, but hated the watch - I have not tried the newer model that has a watch that looks way more comfortable. Customer service was good in my limited interaction.
  • Arccos: my current system (with Link). Going reasonably well. Misses shots here and there, but easy to correct within the app. Most common miss is number of putts, but that's true of others (Shot Scope has you tell it number of putts when you finish the hole; Arccos tries to automate it, and each round I have a handful of holes that are off in each direction). Customer service has been great. 
  • Game Golf Pro: unless they've made a ton of progress since release, avoid it. Didn't work at all for me (some rounds only picking up 5-6 shots total). Customer service seemed stretched thin and was not able to help much (back in 2019). 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

Currently using Arccos with link. Overall, excellent system particularly with the data it provides you to improve your game. It will miss the odd shot, but is easy to correct. The link is okay, but I got used to having phone in front pocket. Link does not work well when wearing a jacket or coat in colder weather as it can’t be covered up. Shotscope is another good alternative. 

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: Evnroll tour, stability shaft, Evnroll gravity grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

I started out with Game Golf Live and I loved it's software for sharing your round live and using satellite graphics for the holes. Then the Beta for Game Golf Pro came and I was invited to beta test that. I liked the idea of not having to "tag" a sensor to the sending unit but the hardware was awful. So I sold all of it and bought a Garmin S62 and 14 (now 20) of the C-10 sensors. While this is pricy it works great. Now to track shots I only have to remember to start the round on my watch and the rest takes care of it's self. Golf is hard enough and not having to mess with your tracking equipment is worth a lot. Also and being able to see the yardage as I walk to my ball. Why is that important? If you have your clubs gapped and you hit a shot and don't know where it's gone you look at your watch and when you get to that yardage you go left and right until you find your ball. But as always YMMV. 

-ckeller52

What's in the bag? This is....
IRONS         Srixon ZX5 5-AW fitted with Elements Recoil 806 F2 Shafts
WEDGE's     Vokey SM9 54* 14 Fitted with Elements Recoil 806 F2 Shafts and A 60* Jean Carlo Golf Wedge (Amazon)
DRIVER       default_taylormade-small.jpg M6
3 WOOD     default_taylormade-small.jpg M6
HYBRIDS     cobra King F9 Speedback 3&4  KBS TOUR HB GRAPHITE 75 R
PUTTER       cobra WideSport 35" 
Lamkin       Sonar+ Tour Calibrate Standard Golf Grips
I also use Garmin Approach S70 and a Bushnell V3 (no slope)
And a Full Swing Kit launch monitor for the three times a week or so when I practice. 

I received a free set of Arccos sensors for my clubs but have not been able to utilize them yet... hand surgery, don't ask!!!

I will start using them this weekend. Any hints to ensuring that they work properly, sync properly, etc...? Also, my putter has the Super Stroke with counter-balance, so I will need to purchase the putter sensor separately. Is it worth using a putter sensor, other than having data points for putts per round?

I am currently using the Shot Scope V3 ($199 on sale now) and am liking it for the tracking and data it provides.  The V3 watch is much smaller than the V2 as ChiefMikeOfficer noted, and is comfortable to wear.   Tracking Tabs are small and don't interfere off the edge of the grip.  You do have to edit your round at the end, as it does miss a couple shots, but overall I think it's a great app.  I used Hole19 and my phone before, and it was a PIA having to input everything on the phone during the round.  Shot Scope takes care of everything, you just play. 

Good luck in your search!

Edited by Silverhorn43

PXG 0811 9° w Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Shaft

Wishon Single Length 6-AW w/ Veylix Alpina Wildeye shafts

Wishon 929 4w/ Acer 7w /11w w/ LAGP Reign Silver Shafts

Wishon 775HS 27° Hybrid

Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 54° / Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 58° 

Sub70 Sycamore 03 Mallet

Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag / Bag Boy Nitron Cart 

CaddyTek Caddyview V2 

State Director  (NM)  Bugles Across America - Proudly and Humbly Sounding Live Taps for our Nations Hero's. 

NMDVS Military Honors Patch Email.jpg

The shotscope v3 is small and does not get in the way. It also has gps features on the watch which arccos would have to use the phone. I like it doesn't require a subscription either unlike some other brands. They have been really good at updating the app and have seen a lot of advancements in last year. It's been very accurate and only requires mild edits (less than 5 min usually) at the end of the round (only issues I notice are having to modify distances on green). Highly would recommend the v3.

19 minutes ago, Tlb34 said:

The shotscope v3 is small and does not get in the way. It also has gps features on the watch which arccos would have to use the phone. I like it doesn't require a subscription either unlike some other brands. They have been really good at updating the app and have seen a lot of advancements in last year. It's been very accurate and only requires mild edits (less than 5 min usually) at the end of the round (only issues I notice are having to modify distances on green). Highly would recommend the v3.

Arccos does have the GPS option on the Apple Watch, and maybe the other watches too, but I don't have those so I don't know for sure.  Honestly, I have only used it on my Apple Watch once, but I'm the guy that just starts the round on my phone and then leaves it in my pocket the entire round, and then make edits (if needed) after the round in the comfort of my home.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

I used shotscope V3 for the first time last season. Like @Tlb34 mentioned, it did miss an occasional shot, but I bought the upgraded watch band (~$35.00) and now it captures nearly 100% of my shots.  I’m now learning how to mark “Positional” shots, so they do not count against the full-swing average.  For example punching out below some branches with a 7-iron is a a “positional shot.”  You were simply trying to punch out 30yards to the fairway. This way the 30-yard shot does not count in my stats

The V3 watch isn’t a pain to wear. You get used to it quickly. It’s nice that the watch, and not the phone or belt device captures each shot

SW: Cleveland CBX 2 56 degree, 12 bounce

GW:  Cleveland CBX 2 52 degree, 11 bounce

6 - 9 irons: Callaway RAZR X HL Irons,  True Temper M-10 XP steel shaft

5H Callaway RAZR X HL 27 degree, 60 lie, 38.75" length

4H: Taylormade 22 degree,   60.5 Lie    40.25" length

3W Callaway Diablo Octane 15 degree, 56 lie, 43"

Taylormade Rocketballz 10.5 degree 46"

I've been using Arccos for a couple of years and I'm a fan.  It did take a little learning to get started, but I've had very few issues using both an iphone and the link.  I've only used an apple watch once and have not learned how to use that within the flow of the round.  My son uses a samsung phone and definitely has ore missed shots and shots on the incorrect holes, but I've never had that issue with an iphone. I typically check my phone between holes, mostly to adjust pin placements and add correct number of putts.  It is not accurate with putts for me (sometimes too few, sometimes too many).  I'm definitely a better player because of the data.  Now you don't just feel like you were driving is better a few weeks ago, you have data to support your hunch.

WITB
8º Calloway Epic Flash Driver
13.5º Calloway Mavrik Fairway Wood
20º Calloway Epic Hybrid
4-GW Mizuno JPX 900 Irons
56º Titleist Vokey Wedge
60º Titleist Vokey Wedge
Odyssey O-works 2-Ball Fang Putter
Snell MTB Black Ball
Arccos Caddie & Link

I am using arccos and really like it, especially since switching to an iPhone. With Android I definitely had more issues, and there are some features not available on Android (such as the ability to follow friends, see their rounds, etc). I also have the link, so I don’t have to keep my phone in my pocket, which also works so much better with the iPhone. I am a data guy, so I love being able to look back over a round, see my stats, what I did well, what I am improving on, etc. 

Driver:   :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX LS, 10.5, stiff

:taylormade-small: BRNR MiniDriver, S-Flex

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Rouge ST MAX 3 wood, stiff

Fairway:  :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX 3 hybrid, S-flex

Irons:   New Level 902 OS, 5-PW, S-Flex

Wedges: :taylormade-small: hi-toe 50, 54, 58,  DG S300 S-flex

Putter:  :EVNROLL: Zero

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour/Z Star

Grips:  Golf Pride Z Grip midsize

14 minutes ago, Mark Ceder said:

I've been using Arccos for a couple of years and I'm a fan.  It did take a little learning to get started, but I've had very few issues using both an iphone and the link.  I've only used an apple watch once and have not learned how to use that within the flow of the round.  My son uses a samsung phone and definitely has ore missed shots and shots on the incorrect holes, but I've never had that issue with an iphone. I typically check my phone between holes, mostly to adjust pin placements and add correct number of putts.  It is not accurate with putts for me (sometimes too few, sometimes too many).  I'm definitely a better player because of the data.  Now you don't just feel like you were driving is better a few weeks ago, you have data to support your hunch.

Did you notice a significant improvement in reducing the missed shot rate with the Link? I used arccos with my phone and it felt like it missed nearly 50% of shots at times.

Also, I got arccos when I bought a used club that came with it…so I downloaded the app and scanned it. When you do, they send you a free set of sensors (14 total) for all your clubs with a 3 month trial. After that it is $119 a year.

Driver:   :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX LS, 10.5, stiff

:taylormade-small: BRNR MiniDriver, S-Flex

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Rouge ST MAX 3 wood, stiff

Fairway:  :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX 3 hybrid, S-flex

Irons:   New Level 902 OS, 5-PW, S-Flex

Wedges: :taylormade-small: hi-toe 50, 54, 58,  DG S300 S-flex

Putter:  :EVNROLL: Zero

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour/Z Star

Grips:  Golf Pride Z Grip midsize

I've used Arccos before and Garmin now (no tags). I honestly wish I could combine the two. I don't mind the manually club selection after every shot on my watch, and it never misses a shot. However, the interface and software for Garmin is super disappointing. Arccos though, I had trouble with missed shots and the sensors on the ends of clubs are kind of big, but their app and software is amazing. Their strokes gained calculations are so insightful and they use actual GPS images of the holes for the shot mapping, where as Garmin has a Microsoft Paint rendering of the hole. Honestly I'd pay the $100 a year subscription if to Arccos  to just ingest the data from my watch and provide their software interface for it.

As a new customer of Arccos and long time user of Golf pad app ( with out sensors ) and user of Sky Caddie. I have been blown away by ease of use for Arccos. I love the tech side of golf and the idea of looking inside my numbers for how to improve my handicap. ( currently a 12 handicap ) Arccos is not the cheap answer but the information and game improvement has blown me away. I bought the link belt clip $ 150.00 so I don't have to keep my bulky phone in my lead pocket, and after 3 rounds wearing the belt clip i forgot I had it on. the post game review of my club distance and GIR and putts is short of outstanding. After a small learning curve and the price point I feel this could help any player understand where their game is and where they need to work to improve. I'm excited to unlock the caddie A.I feature that can be used before you play a course and during. assisting you in club selection and taking into account where you miss the most.

I tried the Arccos twice, first with a Cobra driver which came with the sensor, second when Ping sent me sensors for all my clubs. First experience never happened because Arccos doesn't work with all phones. You need a gyroscope and accelerometer built into your phone or it won't work. My first phone didn't have the accelerometer. My new phone has both and I set up the sensors. I would rate them ZERO! First, they fell off the clubs. Second, the distances measured were way off...if they registered at all. Third, having to have the phone in my front pocket to properly register a shot, was a pain. My personal opinion of Arccos...DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

I'm using arccos and like them overall.  There was a sale on some cobra F9 irons over the winter and they have the arccos sensors built into the grips, which included a free registration to try it for 3 months.  To use the app, they sent free sensors for the rest of the clubs my bag as well which is really nice for getting people into trying out their system.

I've found that their support is very quick in answering request (updating courses, inquiries, etc), usually like 2-3 days at most if you e-mail, but they also have phone support.  The app works pretty well at measuring shots and giving out statistics, and I was able to use a samsung watch I had laying around to get quick distance reading without having to pull my phone up.

I feel like the recommendations/tips for improvement could be more in-depth. I don't feel like I've used their recommendations much for the improvements I've been making myself, I usually watch golf videos on youtube and have been working on my game from there.  The shots gained analysis does help in respect to where in your game you may want to look at next for the best improvement.

The only downside so far is that 2 sensors have died after a 3 month period (putter/driver) almost at the same time, and it's taken a little while to get the replacements shipped out, so I'm temporarily unable to track shots.  Seems like the items are being shipped from the UK according to the tracking info (I am in canada) so that factors into usability of shot tracking, but yardage to the flag can still be used.

TL;DR Overall I like them a lot, 4/5 stars, they'd get 5* if replacements were quicker and the improvement tips were more in depth.

I have the Arcos sensors and have not had a lot of success with them.  they miss alot of shots and without paying a second $100 for a belt sensor I have used myy iphone in my front pocket

I've had constant problems with overall missed shots.  phone is in front pocket microphone up.  I've spent a lot of post round time fixing errors

I've had Shot Scope since 2018, all sensors still work. Having checked stats using both systems, the amount and depth of data with Shot Scope is significantly greater than Arccos. No subscription for SS and I wonder if the putting data on Arccos is even useable without detailed review. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

I use ShotScope and love it.  Tried Arccos but much prefer ShotScope.

Clubs:

Mizuno JPX 800 irons 6 to 9 plus four Mizuno wedges 48, 52, 56 & 60

Krank Element Driver 12.5 degrees

Krnak 3 wood

Tittlest 910 5 wood

Ping 23 degree hybrid

Ping 23 degree hybrid

Ping Ketsch Putter

Snell My Tour Balls

Right handed

Live in Chicago IL Area

19 Handicap

Since no one is chiming in about the Golf Pad Sensor system I will jump into this conversation. I’ve used the Arcoss system, the GameGolf Live system, and now the Golf Pad Sensors.

The Golf Pad sensors themselves are fine but the app on the iPhone is just downright annoying. I’m around the 10th game with them so far and I’ve tried to find some way that makes them enjoyable. The main problem with the Golf Pad system is that your phones screen needs to be active for it to scan your tags.  I can’t speak for an Android phone but with the iPhone you can scan shots without being in the app with the screen on but it adds a few extra steps. Let’s just say I’ve been that idiot on the course who looks like he just spent 3/4s of the round on the phone. This is because the screen with shut off in your pocket or something else will interrupt the app. Obviously with the phone in your pocket you don’t know your phone isn’t in the right mode to scan so you end up trying 2 or 3 times before you give up or tag the shot some other way.  

The only way I can see these being remotely useable is if you have a belt clip for your phone so that you can put the app in the appropriate mode to scan. I’ve ordered a cheap one from Amazon and I’ll report on its effectiveness next week once I get it out on the course. 

You can use the Apple Watch app to track shots but that makes the need for the sensors nil. I’m pretty sure the Arcoss and GameGolf systems can both do that so Golf Pads $29.99 a year for their premium app features seems a bit high. 

I must say the Game Golf Live system was by far my favourite. The thing that forced me to switch was the battery lost charge around the 15th hole by the end of the 1st season with it and Game Golf wasn’t too supportive at the time to help me fix it. They then appeared to be going out of business and I started looking for another product. 

Hopefully that all made sense. I am, after all, the guy who will spend 3/4 of a round trying to track shots…..

3 hours ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

I've tried a few, but have no experience with Golf Pad. I am tempted to try Garmin now that I have a compatible watch, but right now just have a 3pack trial that I haven't tested yet. Of the ones I've tried:

• Shot Scope: would be my top choice if they had a Garmin watch app instead of their own hardware. I found this to be very successful, but hated the watch - I have not tried the newer model that has a watch that looks way more comfortable. Customer service was good in my limited interaction.
  • Arccos: my current system (with Link). Going reasonably well. Misses shots here and there, but easy to correct within the app. Most common miss is number of putts, but that's true of others (Shot Scope has you tell it number of putts when you finish the hole; Arccos tries to automate it, and each round I have a handful of holes that are off in each direction). Customer service has been great. 
  • Game Golf Pro: unless they've made a ton of progress since release, avoid it. Didn't work at all for me (some rounds only picking up 5-6 shots total). Customer service seemed stretched thin and was not able to help much (back in 2019). 

I have used Garmin CT for the last couple of years. It’s solid, but I find it’s analytics are note even on the same level as Arccos. The shots gained and other analysis is very detailed on Arccos.  

However if you want avg distances for each club, analysis of each shot taken, etc. Garmin is pretty good.  The rough analysis of shots gained and the analysis of dispersion for tee shots, fairways hit, GIR, basic pitching / sand stats, number of putts, etc  on the Garmin is really more than I need right now.  

Also Garmin doesn’t charge annual fees or supplemental fees for its use, so it’s a cheaper alternative. Also no need to wear an iPhone, Apple Watch or the Link which is a bonus too.  I just have to wear the Garmin watch which I like since it’s relatively small and light and is fairly accurate. I supplement it with a Bushell v4 around the greens. 

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

I have the Arccos and it work pretty well.  Out of the box, I didn’t like the fact that you had to keep your phone in your front pocket for it to identify your shots.

I added the Arccos Caddie adapter for another $130 and it’s much better.  It’s a adapter that you connect to your phone via Bluetooth and clip onto your belt. The clip is in need of  a redesign as it’s too tight and will either break if you force it on your belt or it will fall off because you can not position it securely to your belt and you will lose it.  Another potential issue that you may have is attaching the sensor to your putter if you don’t have a standard putter grip. Think about grips like the Flat Cat or other grips that don’t have an opening on the top of the grip.

The Arccos app is great, it’s intuitive and easy to use.  The gps course mapping and course selection seems pretty comprehensive.  Great application for understanding your game and improving.

Ping G410 SFT 10.5*

Callaway Apex 2019 Combo irons 5-PW

Cleveland RX4 56, 50 

Maverick 3 Hybrid 

Epic 4 Hybrid 

Scotty Newport 2 Notchback

Bridgestone RX and Snell MTB-x (thanks to Mygolfspy)

7 hours ago, shankapotomus said:

Did you notice a significant improvement in reducing the missed shot rate with the Link? I used arccos with my phone and it felt like it missed nearly 50% of shots at times.

Honestly, I didn't notice a difference with the phone or link.  Both pick up nearly all my shots and neither were better or worse picking up putts.  Phone in the left pocket always worked for me, but I'm sure there are differences between models of phones.  

WITB
8º Calloway Epic Flash Driver
13.5º Calloway Mavrik Fairway Wood
20º Calloway Epic Hybrid
4-GW Mizuno JPX 900 Irons
56º Titleist Vokey Wedge
60º Titleist Vokey Wedge
Odyssey O-works 2-Ball Fang Putter
Snell MTB Black Ball
Arccos Caddie & Link

I’ve used ShotScope and Arccos. They both are great and provide useful info. I like ShotScope’s ability to distance hazards and their pin set function.

Arccos added the pin set recently and works on my Apple Watch, so I can track my heart and shots. One bad thing for me with Arccos is that I can’t use my hearing aid while using them. I need to wear my Apple Watch, so wearing two watches was funky.

These gizmos give a wealth of information and are worth it. The tags that don’t need batteries are nice (you could replace the batteries in Arccos V1). They aren’t fool proof and have their communication/tracking issues, but worth it. Give them a try!

Chasing my ball around the cow field, trying to avoid the “ruff.”

16 hours ago, mbjusa said:

I have the Arccos and it work pretty well.  Out of the box, I didn’t like the fact that you had to keep your phone in your front pocket for it to identify your shots.

I added the Arccos Caddie adapter for another $130 and it’s much better.  It’s a adapter that you connect to your phone via Bluetooth and clip onto your belt. The clip is in need of  a redesign as it’s too tight and will either break if you force it on your belt or it will fall off because you can not position it securely to your belt and you will lose it.  Another potential issue that you may have is attaching the sensor to your putter if you don’t have a standard putter grip. Think about grips like the Flat Cat or other grips that don’t have an opening on the top of the grip.

The Arccos app is great, it’s intuitive and easy to use.  The gps course mapping and course selection seems pretty comprehensive.  Great application for understanding your game and improving.

Here is how I fixed the "Link falls off" issue

66D48767-BC2D-4030-8A5D-DAA3CFDCF6AD.jpeg