TESTERS WANTED! ×

What do you want to talk to MGS staff about?

Interesting! I’ll jump in....

what is their favorite aspect of the forums?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I want to see a full on debate between MGS team with the No Laying Up crew about the distance debate with golf equipment. 

NLU especially Soly has some good points that started to sway me that a roll back is needed. 

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

This is a going to be a great thread with I am sure a lot of great ideas that come from it. That being said I am having a hard time pinpointing anything specific... that could be in part is that over the years their articles and content has covered so much of what I would like them to speak on. 
At the same time I would love to know more about how the last year has changed golf for us regular golfers. I know numbers have gone up a lot in participation, stock is back logged like crazy across almost ever OEM as well. However what about other new things that have come to golf because of these changes. TXG is doing a push on virtual fits, will that start to become more of a trend and how accurate can they potentially be? Do we see more people walk courses because of some of the restrictions that were in at the time and what other on course things are likely to stay? Raised cups, ball washers being removed and all that which I noticed in Canada and is still there for many. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

15 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

I'd like them to do a "what's in their bag" and include the ball they game.

They have been doing that on no putts given but they also list their clubs on the our team page. 

https://mygolfspy.com/our-team/

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Another idea would be to get some the pros who are not signed to an equipment deal and do an interview with them centered around equipment. Along those same lines would be to highlight some of the "dated" clubs still being played on tour (Brooks nike driving iron, Dahmen's ping hybrid, etc.)

What are the best off the beaten path courses you have found? Low cost, great shape, great people. Growing up in northern Wisconsin I have seen a couple really nice 9 hole courses. Botten's Green Acres, Norwood GC and in McGregor MN Minnesota National GC just to name a few. Now living in Oregon I have found decent off the beaten path , Sunset Grove GC, Elkhorn Valley GC. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

I know we all really want to know how much a non concentric core or layers in a golf ball effects the ball flight. I realize the last thing you need is more testing. Can there be a salt water test to pick out a few bad balls with different rates of rotation. Then hit those balls to get the amount of yards off center to the fairway. Then they can be cut open and measured. This would be beneficial in the ball lab reports. Face it everyone wants a perfect ball but we have no clue on how much non-concentric makes it unplayable. This would allow you to change the percentage of non concentric to either playable or non playable. I think this would mean more. Then we would know if that particular model is worth consideration or not.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Would it be possible to post transcripts of the No Putts Given podcasts? I really prefer reading to listening. So much so that I don’t listen to NPG. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

At what speed do you start loosing distance from a regular flex shaft for a driver? Also, a specific app for mygolfspy would be wonderful that includes all the articles, reviews and forums. Maybe include a course GPS function and develop virtual challenges/virtual tournaments with MGS members. 

Bag - :Ogio: Cart bag

Driver:cobra-small: - Cobra F8+  Tensei CK AV Blue 55

3 Wood :taylormade-small:-Taylormade RBZ 15 degree

4 hybrid -:taylormade-small: Taylormade RBZ 22 degree

5-p Irons -:titelist-small:Titleist AP2 714 - S300 Shaft

Approach Wedge -:taylormade-small: Taylormade Burner 2.0 

52, 56, 60 - Kirkland Wedge Set

Putter - Kirkland Putter or Odyssey White Hot Dart 

Ball - Kirkland v2

Pushing - :CaddyTek:  3 wheel swivel 

25 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

I was wondering if there is a way to add more banners to the forums?

What banners did you have in mind? I can recall when we introduced them we had people request different ones and suggestions on ones to potentially make or have. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golfball test: Test same brand/model new ball vs. one that was fished out after a year or longer, i.e. a 2019 Prov1 and test it against one fished out - preferably after at least one season where the pond was frozen over.  Measure for weight, diameter, compression and bounce.  

p.s. that way i can show the results to all my friends who pull out an old water ball to go over the water. I keep telling them it's a self fulling prophecy when they do that 😄

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I would like to know more about what @Tony Covey MGS's WITB and what he is trying out, since he seems to be the guy at MGS always trying new stuff.  It would be great to hear more average golfers around the MGS team we can all relate to and see what new clubs or tech they are trying out and how's its going.

Harry's Dingers are great, please keep that up on IG, really fun to watch as well.  I would like to see Harry play a couple of holes with a ProV1x vs a cheaper Vice or Costco ball and see if it makes a difference for him side by side for each shot.  I suspect it makes a difference, but if he has a GC Quad with him for the holes we can see how the ball makes a difference or not.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

How about compile all the iron Most Wanted data and give us the Most Wanted iron regardless of the category the irons fall into. It would be interesting to see what performs the best regardless of SGI, GI, etc...

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I'd like to see a comparison of a driver (or iron) fitting for 8-10 different golfers that span the handicap range from scratch to ~20 where they are fitted from the manufacturer's no-charge shaft options and then a "tour" level fitting like that offered at a Club Champion or True Spec where everything under the sun is on the table.  

Then do a comparison of the performance results, distance, dispersion, etc between the two fittings to see what kind of impact some of these $200 or $300 shafts make for various golfers of different skill levels.  Does a scratch golfer see a 5 yd improvement, 10 yds? or a significantly tighter dispersion?  What about a 10 hdcp or a 20? 

My hunch is that at some skill level or swing speed we're going to see that one of these "premium" fittings isn't worth it or that you might be paying $4-500 extra between higher fitting fees, build fees and shaft upgrades for 3 yards off the tee.  I think this would be a valuable topic for the "Buyer's Guide" section to help readers determine when they might need to consider a premium fitting compared to the type their local club pro might offer using the mfr fitting cart.

I'd also like to see an article where you publish/analyze the measured specs on irons/wedges/putters, etc vs. the manufacturer published values.  One of the supposed benefits of Club Champion or True Spec is that they build the clubs to the exact proper specs opposed to what the manufacturer sends out when they build them.  

I've always been skeptical that this service is really worth the premium prices they charge to "build" your clubs when the manufacturer will do it for free.  Obviously the manufacturer's have a tolerance due to manufacturing processes and building hundreds or thousands of clubs a week, but how loose are they?  Are my 1° flat clubs from Ping really going to come 2° upright if I let Ping build them?  What's the average difference?  How do each of the manufacturer's stack up against each other?  Is Taylormade better than Callaway, etc?  I see it as kind of like a "ball lab" for clubs but you don't need any fancy new equipment to do this.  A simple loft/lie machine and a club ruler should be good enough and I imagine you get enough demo/sample clubs coming through the office that this wouldn't be very costly.  

How about a YouTube video of Tony, Chris, Harry, and Adam playing a round together.  On course commentary provided by Miranda.  

Arccos Tracking

Bushnell Tour V4

Driver: Ping G410 Max 

Fairway: 5W 0341X Proto  | 7W Taylormade M2 

Irons: 0311P GEN3 IRONS 

Hybrid: Taylormade GAPR 21 Mid 

Weges: 54 and 58 SM8 Vokey

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rball 34"

Ball: Pro V1X

Discuss clubs that are not name brand. Mura, PRG I think they are called, Sub 70 for instance. I know there are some Japanese brands I know nothing about as well as clubs from around the world. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

This would never happen with the big brands but I would love for the group to sit down with an OEM and go over the data they collected during their testing. The group could have a discussion about how they may have missed the mark or how they had to sacrifice in one area to improve another, etc. 

It would probably have to be a couple of generations back so they wouldn't trash their marketing campaign of current clubs. I recognize this is not very realistic too haha.

why aren't any Taylormade products ever tested?

why hasn't there been a test for any Mizuno products in the last 3 years?

why aren't any Callaway irons ever tested?

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

2 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

why aren't any Taylormade products ever tested?

why hasn't there been a test for any Mizuno products in the last 3 years?

why aren't any Callaway irons ever tested?

I might be able to shed some light on that one - the short answer is priorities. The longer answer is that the OEM's have decided to shift their priorities to other sites/forums, or to stop the marketing segment all together. Believe me when I say it's not for a lack of trying from our side! Rob used to hound the OEM's continually for test gear and some were 100% for it, and others were not or didn't understand the value prop. 

We'll continue to stay on TM, Mizuno, Callaway, and numerous others to ensure we bring you guys the best gear we can!

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

I might be able to shed some light on that one - the short answer is priorities. The longer answer is that the OEM's have decided to shift their priorities to other sites/forums, or to stop the marketing segment all together. Believe me when I say it's not for a lack of trying from our side! Rob used to hound the OEM's continually for test gear and some were 100% for it, and others were not or didn't understand the value prop. 

We'll continue to stay on TM, Mizuno, Callaway, and numerous others to ensure we bring you guys the best gear we can!

stop the marketing segment? huh? what kind of company stops marketing their products?

I've seen numerous tests on the "larger" forums of these OEMs so I def agree that they have decided to go where a larger audience is. Why? increased exposure? unhappiness with the review process here? 

for some reason I cannot figure out why there has never been a TM test. Not a putter, driver, ball, irons, etc. Like someone high up in the org forbade it.

all due respect - I'm interested in an answer from the staff and not a part time admin/mod. I know how hard Rob worked with the OEMs, I was once on the other side.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

6 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

stop the marketing segment? huh? what kind of company stops marketing their products?

I've seen numerous tests on the "larger" forums of these OEMs so I def agree that they have decided to go where a larger audience is. Why? increased exposure? unhappiness with the review process here? 

for some reason I cannot figure out why there has never been a TM test. Not a putter, driver, ball, irons, etc. Like someone high up in the org forbade it.

all due respect - I'm interested in an answer from the staff and not a part time admin/mod. I know how hard Rob worked with the OEMs, I was once on the other side.

Yes I would be curious if there was a specific test they didnt see value in here maybe?

Maybe TM (who clearly crushes marketing without sites like this) decided they have the media output specifically from their tour players. Granted you are paying them top dollar and are not getting thoughts from average joes.

Either way interesting question.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!