What do you want to talk to MGS staff about?

I guess I'd be curious to ask Adam and/or Tony, what's next for MyGolfSpy?  In other words, what are some areas or uncharted waters MGS can wade into to further help golf  consumers?  Maybe another way to put it, how do they see MGS growing and expanding in the next 3-5 years?

I'd also suggest that MGS dive a little more deeply into training aids.  The SuperSpeed forum testing has been invaluable to a lot of us, but there are a lot of other training aids out there.  Granted the nature of that kind of a test would have to be more long term, but I think it'd be invaluable if MGS could debunk or affirm the value of the different tools that are out there.  PlaneMate, Rypstick or the Stack System, Orange Whip, the list goes on.  If MGS could help a golfer discern what aids out there can really help him/her play better golf it could really be beneficial.  Forum testing, but also a Most Wanted Training Aid would be great.  (Granted, that's likely to be a lot of apples and oranges comparisons...)

• Like 3

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: SIM DHY 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL:ER7B 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

3 hours ago, jlukes said:

The ads on mobile (iOS using chrome browser, so no ad block option)

theyre friggen ridiculous 

now there are ones that animate , shrink the screen and you can’t click anywhere until they are done animating. 

Give us an option to pay a yearly fee have an ad free experience or make it so a certain donation gets no ads 

they are becoming more and more intrusive and have led to me browsing and posting less because they make the experience less enjoyable 

Try Brave. It's built off of chrome but with more privacy in mind. Any time I can avoid giving my data to Google, FB, etc. I try to do so.

On topic, not sure if it's the forum software, or the added functionalities, but performance is pretty awful in comparison to when I joined. Maybe it's the amount of ads, and I just don't see them, lol

• Like 6

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Ventus Red

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

3 hours ago, jlukes said:

The ads on mobile (iOS using chrome browser, so no ad block option)

theyre friggen ridiculous 

now there are ones that animate , shrink the screen and you can’t click anywhere until they are done animating. 

Give us an option to pay a yearly fee have an ad free experience or make it so a certain donation gets no ads 

they are becoming more and more intrusive and have led to me browsing and posting less because they make the experience less enjoyable 

That screen shrinking thing kills me every time…..

• Like 7

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

My favorite are the ones that have an "X" button and but still won't disappear when I click it. Frustrating, but I get why the ads are here. 

• Like 2

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies (15*) 

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

18 hours ago, yungkory said:

Try Brave. It's built off of chrome but with more privacy in mind. Any time I can avoid giving my data to Google, FB, etc. I try to do so.

On topic, not sure if it's the forum software, or the added functionalities, but performance is pretty awful in comparison to when I joined. Maybe it's the amount of ads, and I just don't see them, lol

Eh I am all up in the google ecosystem so that wouldn't make a difference.  Plus i like having everything synced across devices.

10 hours ago, HeathS16 said:

My favorite are the ones that have an "X" button and but still won't disappear when I click it. Frustrating, but I get why the ads are here. 

Yup and  when you finally click the magic spot to get them to go away they reappear midway through making a long post and cover what you are typing.

Great user experience!

It's painfully obvious the ones making the advertising decisions aren't actually using the forum

• Like 3

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:EVNROLL: ER1v #CustomER

:titelist-small: ProV1

2 minutes ago, jlukes said:

It's painfully obvious the ones making the advertising decisions aren't actually using the forum

So if they're part of an ad network as a way to generate revenue, they may have no say as to what's actually being displayed on the mobile version of the site since the network brings in the ads and just displays them on a rotating basis. 

That being said - I 100% agree that there should be a way for donors or "paid" members to not have to deal with those mobile ads. I shouldn't have to change to a whole new browser on my phone to make the forum experience better. I am all about supporting the site thanks to everything it provides, but once we've done that, we shouldn't have to deal with those ads which are a giant PITA.

• Like 6

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

4 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

So if they're part of an ad network as a way to generate revenue, they may have no say as to what's actually being displayed on the mobile version of the site since the network brings in the ads and just displays them on a rotating basis. 

That being said - I 100% agree that there should be a way for donors or "paid" members to not have to deal with those mobile ads. I shouldn't have to change to a whole new browser on my phone to make the forum experience better. I am all about supporting the site thanks to everything it provides, but once we've done that, we shouldn't have to deal with those ads which are a giant PITA.

They don’t necessarily get to choose the exact ads, but they absolutely get to choose where the ads are located and how they interact with the site

• Like 4

17 hours ago, HeathS16 said:

I'm right there with you and have alerted our contact at HQ about the issue. I thought it was resolved as the ads went away, but now they are back! I've already sent a followup note about the glitch. 

• Like 4

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Evenflow Black 65 6.0

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

TESTING:  :titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue

:wilson_staff_small:  D7 4-GW, KBS 105

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

This is friggen awful and bush league. 

766C6BB2-D6C4-477E-9568-F9169AB6219B.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, jlukes said:

That. Is an abomination. It’s also a really accurate personification of the ads closing in on us over the past year. 

• Like 5

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

2 hours ago, jlukes said:

The one that shrinks my screen is always Delta Airlines.

Here’s a pic of trying to type this response. Notice the text isn’t visible?879A4D6F-ECDF-4A0E-916D-0538DC679E8A.png.5aa3a8895f94b6015569928778b3e905.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

In your ball test there is a stat called "Shot Area".  Can you explain shot area please?  

As I am looking a few different balls one really stood out.

Srixon Q Star Tour with a shot area of 1870. 

Vice Pro  487

Titleist Pro V1x  384

just curious as that seems to be a very big discrepancy but I can only at what Shot Area means. 

Thanks 

Epic GBB driver 10.5 turned down to 9.5 Hzruds 6.5 smoke shaft. 

Titleist U15 1 iron 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

9 hours ago, JFish350 said:

In your ball test there is a stat called "Shot Area".  Can you explain shot area please?  

As I am looking a few different balls one really stood out.

Srixon Q Star Tour with a shot area of 1870. 

Vice Pro  487

Titleist Pro V1x  384

just curious as that seems to be a very big discrepancy but I can only at what Shot Area means. 

Thanks 

Note,  you are looking at the 2019 test; shot area wasn't published in the 2021 data.   That said,  shot area is defined in the article:

Please note: we call our dispersion metric Shot Area. For this test, it represents the area (measured in yards2) of a 2-sigma confidence ellipse. In simple terms, it’s a measure of how tightly grouped the shots hit with each ball are. A smaller number represents tighter dispersion.

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

15 hours ago, cnosil said:

Note,  you are looking at the 2019 test; shot area wasn't published in the 2021 data.   That said,  shot area is defined in the article:

Please note: we call our dispersion metric Shot Area. For this test, it represents the area (measured in yards2) of a 2-sigma confidence ellipse. In simple terms, it’s a measure of how tightly grouped the shots hit with each ball are. A smaller number represents tighter dispersion.

Thanks for the info. I didn’t even look at the date this was published. Probably the reason I could find a couple newer balls.

• Like 1

Epic GBB driver 10.5 turned down to 9.5 Hzruds 6.5 smoke shaft. 

Titleist U15 1 iron 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any experience with golf scooters or the motor bike style golf carts

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 * Accra Tour Z TZ6 55 M3 pure 

Fairways: Callaway Maverick 15*  Accra FX 2.0-100F M3 pure  

Hybrid: PXG 0317x 19* Gen 1 Aldila NV 85H

Hybrid: Callaway Maverick 4 Hybrid Accra FX 2.0-100H60 M3 pure  

PXG Gen 3 0311 P 5-Gap  Fujikura Pro 75 pure

Cleveland CG 12 RTG DSG  54/10 & 58/10  Refurbished with raw faces and legal grooves

Putter: Positive Putter P2  Custom

Ball: Pro V1

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

• 2 weeks later...

Can we get a ball lab of the 2021 Maxfli Tour X ?  

I find it interesting that the regular Maxfli Tour (2019 & 2021) is one of the highest scoring balls you have ever tested, but the Tour X version tested from 2019 has the lowest score recorded to date.  There was no review of the Tour X either, just the score so I'd be very interested to see the 2021 score and the write-up assuming that it hasn't improved much.  I'm guessing it has something to do with the 4 layer construction, but it would be nice to know for sure why 2 balls from the same Brand and family essentially bookend the entire golf ball rankings.

• Like 1

I saw Tony post about the RZN ball a number of times but it has hardly been mentioned since.  I loved the old Nike RZN golf balls, and still have some stashed away.  I may be one of the only interested, but would love to talk or hear more about the restart of RZN golf balls.

• Like 2

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

1 hour ago, JohnSmalls said:

I saw Tony post about the RZN ball a number of times but it has hardly been mentioned since.  I loved the old Nike RZN golf balls, and still have some stashed away.  I may be one of the only interested, but would love to talk or hear more about the restart of RZN golf balls.

I for one would be really interested in a "We Tried It" kind of article that explores just how good or bad Nike equipment actually was.  We keep hearing about why Nike failed in the golf equipment space, and one reason I keep hearing was it was just bad stuff.  I think Rick Shiels put out a video that was really critical of it.

It would be interesting to have a Covert and some VR Pros put through their paces and see if they actually were that bad.  Granted, no utility or usefulness out of an article like that, but I'd definitely be interested.

• Like 3

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: SIM DHY 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL:ER7B 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

collaborations on future projects

• Like 1

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg ACCRA tour Z GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - 33" 3 deg loft 70 lie, lrg slight line slightly toe hang

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.