Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Full Face RTX

Shankster

I just purchased a 50* full face Zipcore and it went straight into the bag after 1 round.  I tried hitting all the shots with it and it impressed every time. I was able to lay the 50* open and hit a flop shot as well as close it down for a bump and run. It also helps my slight toe miss that creeps in occasionally.  I was planning on getting a 56-58* if the 50* worked out but I don’t think I need to. It does everything I want the higher loft for. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

My PM Grind wedges with the full face grooves have save me a number of times. Full-face grooves is a trend that I hope continues picking up steam. They may look a little ugly but I can't think of any function or performance reasons why full face grooves would be a bad thing on a wedge. I don't think I would want full face grooves on an iron as I don't know if I would want the ball to hit grooves if I absolutely toed an iron but I don't think it would make much of a difference. 

I have put the 58* ZipCore full face in the bag. Very satisfied with this wedge. Easy to use, great around greenside shots. Very good performing wedge. Worthy of your consideration, if your in the market.

Edited by Puttingmatt

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2021 at 6:57 PM, Kansas King said:

My PM Grind wedges with the full face grooves have save me a number of times. Full-face grooves is a trend that I hope continues picking up steam. They may look a little ugly but I can't think of any function or performance reasons why full face grooves would be a bad thing on a wedge. I don't think I would want full face grooves on an iron as I don't know if I would want the ball to hit grooves if I absolutely toed an iron but I don't think it would make much of a difference. 

Wilson are the latest to introduce a full face high toe. Wonder if Vokey will get involved?

Driver: Titleist TSi2 10 / Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue Raw 65 S

3 Wood: Titleist TSi3 15 / Project X RDX Smoke Black 70 6.0

Hybrid: Titleist TSi3 18 / Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Red 7 S

4 Iron: Titleist U500 / Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85 S

5 - 9 Irons: Mizuno 921 Tour / Nippon Modus 3 120 S

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 46F, 50F, 54S & 58M / Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Select (2016) / BGT Stability Tour

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

On 6/15/2021 at 10:57 AM, Kansas King said:

I love my PM Grind wedges.  They save me many times, especially on shots near the green where the ball is in the rough well below my feet (a standard feature on my golf course).  When I make an OK shot onto the green and look at my wedge, the grass marks are well out off the toe.  

I agree that full face grooves on wedges would be a good thing.  Takes getting used to the look, but I don't even notice it anymore.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”