Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

UV Arm Sleeves

mikeanthony

I've been using the Nike arm sleeves for several years and they work great and don't slide down.   After a routine dermatologist appt, he found melanoma on my forearm.  Had a big chunk removed from my arm and luckily it hadn't spread.  That got me wearing the arm sleeves whenever I golf, Dr likes them also.  

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

I have used the adidas sleeves to prevent sun exposure. They were too tight for my arms, and I could never get comfortable. I may try Nike or SParms, I don't have huge arms, but it is to the point where I have been looking at long sleeve shirts. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

Still a fan of these. Wore them in 100* round a couple weeks ago and had no issues. Didn’t worry about them Fallon down, they weren’t soaking wet and still felt cool. They also have multiple Pga players and caddies wearing them 

https://www.ourstoryi.com/

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 3 weeks later...

I really like using sleeves, except I don't use them for sun protection. I use sleeves as something I can easily put on or take off for a touch less/more warmth while on the course. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 w/ LA Golf DJ Signature Series (65-4)

3w: :srixon-small: ZX MKII w/ Graphite Design AD DI-7 XS

5w: :srixon-small: ZX MKII w/ Graphite Design AD DI-7 XS

7w: :srixon-small: ZX MKII w/ Graphite Design AD DI-7 XS

4i-GW: :mizuno-small: JPX921 Forged w/ Nippon Modus Tour 105 S

54º: :vokey-small: SM9 D Grind w/ Nippon Modus Tour 105 S

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5vB w/ LA Golf P-Series SOHO 

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x  play #45

Ball mark: Kraken Golf - Revolver, Weight Plate, Turntable

Tracked and scored by :Arccos: 

I live in AZ so I wear them every time I play.  The best sleeves for me are Foot Joy, they keep their shape and come in black, grey , and white. Nike do not hold up , I will not buy them anymore.  

Edited by 10Hockey

Srixon Irons

Cobra Driver

Volkey Wedges

Evenroll putter 

3 hole in ones so far ( Ohio, Hawaii, Australia )

As stated in earlier post, the FJs are awesome.  Honestly cannot wear anything with sleeves in the summer.  When our heat index get up around 110 my arms need to breathe.  Have been very lucky, maybe it is my DNA.  My dermatologist tells me that at my age (75) I have the softest skins and cleanest she has come across.  I still like the FJ sleeves in the cool mornings so I can peel them off as the day gets warmer.  I tired some SA fishing sleeves but the are really tight.  Seems that FJs are the best fitting and stay in place.  Have seen some some of the cheaper brands my buddies get to say a dollar or two and they sag and fall down.  You want them to fit snug.  

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

I have tried several brands this year.  My take:

1.  Columbia OmniFreeze Zero - the most obvious cooling “tech.”  These were my first purchase.  They work well but are loosest fit around bicep so require most frequent adjustment - a minor annoyance but enough so that when playing 18 holes I prefer other brands.  Also a bit short in sleeve length.

2.  Nelson (nwgolf) - the longest in sleeve length, upper arm fit is closest to arm pit.  Also work well, good upper arm grip without squeezing.

3.  SunDay Afternoons - good fit, adequate job.

4.  SParms sleeves - really like the way they work but sleeve length is a touch short; stay up well.

5.  SParms shawl - function great, no worry about slipping due to wrap around shoulders but length is too short for my liking.

6. Solbari - good function and fit but some slippage around bicep.

7.  Tough Outdoors - from Amazon.  Worked okay but had to roll top down a little to prevent bicep from being squeezed to tight (felt like blood flow was being cut off).  The only sleeves to leave deep marks after wearing them for only 9 holes.

All the sleeves I tried are sized- I deliberately avoided one size fits all.  I didn’t find any of them to restrict my swing.  You will know you are wearing them, especially when walking on calm, sunny days but it is not so intrusive for me that I would go back to slathering on sunscreen (just had my annual appointment with my dermatologist after have some cancer removed a while back and he was very pleased).  Riding or on days with some breeze you will feel a noticeable cooling effect.

As with all MSG forum comments, YMMV.

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

On 6/12/2021 at 7:35 AM, mikeanthony said:

Has anyone tried the UV arm sleeves during a round? I've been on the fence on purchasing a pair and was curious if any of you bought a set and regretted it afterwards. 

Get them. Your dermatologist will love you. I have two different brands. Both are from bicycling brands - Voler and Pearl Izumi. Voler is a Direct to Consumer brand. Pearl can be bought from Performancebike.com. 
You can wet them with water in mid summer to cool yourself. You must put them on before you are outdoors sweating. It will take a few rounds to adapt but you will not need sunscreen ever again. It’s useless after 6 holes anyway. 

Sub 70 irons and wedges. Epic Flash sub zero driver and 3 metal. Callaway rescue 18 and 22 degree. 

I've used them and found Footjoy the best, as they do not slide down from your shoulder blade. Nike are crap, UA and Sun Mountain almost as bad. The problem is when you swing the sleeves by your shoulder blade begins to slide down your arm. Footjoy doesn't. I have them in grey and white and also use them during the winter months.

Edited by HDTVMAN

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

I bought a pair earlier this year and have used them almost every round.  They were advertised as cooling as well as UV protection.  I am not so sure the cooling aspect is very accurate.  It may help a little but they certainly don't make me any warmer with the moisture wicking.  However, the ability to avoid greasy sunscreen is a big plus.  I did buy ones that were sized but were not the most expensive.  They have a light elastic band at the top which helps them stay in place.  It might take some getting used to but I definitely recommend them.

Callaway Driver

Maltby Irons

Ping Putter

13 hours ago, mtaxter said:

Get them. Your dermatologist will love you. I have two different brands. Both are from bicycling brands - Voler and Pearl Izumi. Voler is a Direct to Consumer brand. Pearl can be bought from Performancebike.com. 
You can wet them with water in mid summer to cool yourself. You must put them on before you are outdoors sweating. It will take a few rounds to adapt but you will not need sunscreen ever again. It’s useless after 6 holes anyway. 

Haha … and that I did. Never did follow back up on this thread, but I did go with Sparms and their shoulder wrap versions. 

Ordered both a white and a blue/grey pair from the PGA Superstore over the summer and they’ve been great. I wear many of my shirts/polos in a size M, so I did the same with the Sparms order and as one commenter mentioned, their sleeves run a bit on the short side. It really isn’t too big of a deal for me, but the sleeves stop about an inch above my wrists. I’ll grab a photo and post after my morning round tomorrow. 

I also coach a h/s golf team, which has me outside even more, and I do need to order more and may try a size up to L. 

The shoulder wraps were a bit of an adjustment from a sensation standpoint, but they weren’t an issue at all. 

Appreciated all the suggestions! 

Edited by mikeanthony

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

Weather in Charleston is ☀️ and spectacular. Here’s how my sleeves looked post round … def getting a L size in my next order  

8F717652-A02E-456A-B950-7C5E941B257F.jpeg.6d24a6579c2864ed5cd4d78e870439bc.jpeg

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

image.png

... You guys can't pull your Sparms down a little? I keep mine at wrist length and just keep them shorter under my sleeves. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

20 hours ago, chisag said:

... You guys can't pull your Sparms down a little? I keep mine at wrist length and just keep them shorter under my sleeves. 

Aah, I see what you’re saying, the individual sleeves per arm … I got their shoulder wrap version that connects and comes across your upper back. 

image.png

2 minutes ago, mikeanthony said:

Aah, I see what you’re saying, the individual sleeves per arm … I got their shoulder wrap version that connects and comes across your upper back. 

... Doesn't it get in the way of your bra? 😉

6 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Doesn't it get in the way of your bra? 😉

Ha. Fortunately, I do not have man-boobs … so I wouldn’t know. 

image.png

27 minutes ago, mikeanthony said:

Ha. Fortunately, I do not have man-boobs … so I wouldn’t know. 

... J/K of course, but since Sparms are unisex I just figured there is no way a shoulder wrap around would fit men with much broader shoulders than women. 

• 11 months later...
On 6/12/2021 at 1:35 PM, mikeanthony said:

Has anyone tried the UV arm sleeves during a round? I've been on the fence on purchasing a pair and was curious if any of you bought a set and regretted it afterwards. 

I have tried UV arm sleeves during a round, and I did not regret it afterwards. I found that they helped to keep my arms from getting sunburned, and they also helped to keep me cool in the heat. Overall, I would recommend them to anyone looking for a way to protect arms from the sun.

Edited by Buraqoo21

Jim

• 7 months later...

After having many skin spots removed from my Dermatologist, I purchased arm shields from Soul of Adventure (fishing site, but who cares).   Sleeves are needed if you play alot of golf in SoTex in the sun. 

The site offer deals when you sign up and I have like 10 pair that I alternate in and out.  Luv the various colors and patterns that you can mix and match.

I can hack it up on holes from time to time, with glimpses of brilliance on others.

i used some this weekend and can say they did not bother me much at all. i love them for the fact if its cold enough for sleeves but a 3/4 is too much i can throw them on and as it gets warmer in the day i can just slip them off 

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

I don't have any personal experience with this but yes, I know some golfers who have tried UV arm sleeves during a round of golf. In fact, they have become quite popular among players who want to protect their skin from harmful UV rays while still enjoying the game. So if you're considering purchasing a pair of UV arm sleeves or any other for your next round of golf, rest assured that many golfers have tried and loved them.