UV Arm Sleeves

I have sleeves from both Nike and Pearl Izumi.  They are comfortable and work great.  I have worn them on 90 degree F days and I was still comfortable.  As others have mentioned, with skinny arms like mine, they have a tendency to slip down a bit.  I’m curious about ourstoryi sleeves and whether that stretchy, one-size fits all material would stay in place better.  May have to try them.

• Like 1

Yes! Keeps arms cooler and provides UV protection. Lots of good options available these days. Most recently have purchased STORYI - good goods. Super comfortable. 

My bag - assembled based on loft/typical distance:
Putter Odyssey Black #9
Driver 10.5 deg TaylorMade M2
3W 13 deg Nike Strong 3
5W 15 deg TaylorMade M4
H4 24 deg TaylorMade M2
Irons Callaway APEX Pro Forged 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW
Wedges Callaway Mack Daddy 50, 56, 60

I asked the MGS forum about long sleeve shirts a few days ago and a number of responses recommended arm/sun sleeves.  There are a bunch of choices out there.

I ordered from two different companies and tried the first pair today — Columbia Freezer Zero.  They stayed up quite well (the top rolled down a little but nowhere near enough to interfere/annoy — never worried about them sliding down.

When waiting on the group ahead I could feel the heat of the day but not more than I would have with bare arms covered in sunscreen.  When walking or when there was a breeze my arms felt significantly cooler.

Three notes about the Columbia: (1) wide seam on inside of arm — did not leave a mark or become irritating but some might not like the look; (2) there is a definite bluish tinge to the white sleeves due to the cooling technology in the fabric; and (3) large Columbia logo on forearm of each sleeve.  None of these would stop me from buying again but I wasn’t fully aware of these until they arrived

I have a second pair on order from another company and intend to explore some other brands.

And, as if this reply isn’t long enough already, be sure you note whether the product is using UPF or SPF as its standard for UV protection.

• Like 1

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Ping G425 Max (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Ping G410 (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

I started using the SParms sleeves.  They are 50+ protection, plus when I sweat, they actually keep my arms cooler in this Houston heat and humidity.  Reminds me of farmers and ranchers I saw growing up - they wore long-sleeved shirts in the middle of summer for much the same reason.  

• Like 1

Agreed.  Good decision to use sun sleeves.  They are cooler.  I am in South Texas and the sun can be brutal.  I just bought the $12 Amazon ones and they are fine, provided you get the correct size.  First ones were too small and I gave them to my teenager.  Next set are great.  I have the Nike warm sleeves for when it is just cool enough on the first few holes and then pull them off as it warms.  Since i just had skin cancer taken off my head, I am much more serious about the protection now.

• Like 1

These posts have been great, thanks guys! Wouldn’t have known of SParms if not for MGS ... and will likely go with them. Going to try both their arm sleeve and their sleeves that connect across the shoulders. 

Not worried too much about the sleeves slipping down my arm ... but man, when I sweat, I get really sweaty and need them to hold and stay in place. 😂 

The 🙌🏼 ... GO CANES!

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 9*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19*

Irons: post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS2 (5i-6i); TS1 (7i-GW)

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* & 58*

Putter: :ping-small:  Heppler Anser 2

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

5 minutes ago, korsmot said:

Agreed.  Good decision to use sun sleeves.  They are cooler.  I am in South Texas and the sun can be brutal.  I just bought the $12 Amazon ones and they are fine, provided you get the correct size.  First ones were too small and I gave them to my teenager.  Next set are great.  I have the Nike warm sleeves for when it is just cool enough on the first few holes and then pull them off as it warms.  Since i just had skin cancer taken off my head, I am much more serious about the protection now.

I turned 40 in March and felt it was appropriate to start seeing a dermatologist on an annual basis.

Saw one then and got a baseline exam ... oddly enough, the two spots/moles I was most worried about we’re a non-issue. Yet this dark black freckle on my stomach was their biggest concern. They measured, took photos and I’m actually doing a 3-month follow-up on Tuesday with them to revisit that freckle. Grew up in Miami and was a sun worshiper, along with lots of youth sports outdoors year-round  

Think the sleeves will keep my wife happy.  

• Like 2

The 🙌🏼 ... GO CANES!

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 9*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19*

Irons: post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS2 (5i-6i); TS1 (7i-GW)

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* & 58*

Putter: :ping-small:  Heppler Anser 2

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

Footjoy ($30) stay up, Nike, UA do not! They slide down the arm. Both Footjoy white and grey are great!

• Like 1

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G400 Max Driver 10.5° w/Diamona S+ LTD Blue-Board 70 R Flex

Ping G410 5 Fairway Wood Mitsubishi Tensi Orange R Flex

Ping G410 4-5-6 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi Blue R Flex

Ping i500 Irons 5-U w/Recoil SmacWrap F3 Flex (power-spec lofts)

Ping 3.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap F3 Flex

2019 Bettinardi QB6 and 2021 Ping Fetch Putter (depends on the greens)

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Superstroke Cross Comfort Mid-Size Grips

Wearing UV Sleeves is a great idea bc the elephant in the room is Skin Cancer which is a Major Killer of Men... I've looking at wearing UV Shirts e.g. fishing shirts for protection. Check them out on Hook & Tackle and other fishing outlets... 

• Like 1

Irons: Callaway Rogue 5-PW, AW Men's Right Hand, Standard, Shaft: True Temper XP 95 Steel Regular Flex

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815, Shaft: Fujikura Speeder 565, Regular Flex 

Dexterity: right-handed

Live in Fresno, Ca 93270

Current handicap 33.5 and slowly going down... 

Ball: Titleist Velocity Orange & TaylorMade Distance 

Putters: Odyssey O-Works Red #7S Putter; Odyssey Whitehot XG #9; Nike BC 101 Heel-Toe Putter

• 1 month later...

It is an indispensable accessory for me when doing outdoor activities. I use the arm sleeves by B-Driven Sports, which are nice and fit very well, tight to the biceps area, but over all it fits very well; cooling and sun protection. 

Edited by ronaldos

• 1 month later...

I've been using the Nike arm sleeves for several years and they work great and don't slide down.   After a routine dermatologist appt, he found melanoma on my forearm.  Had a big chunk removed from my arm and luckily it hadn't spread.  That got me wearing the arm sleeves whenever I golf, Dr likes them also.  

• Like 1

SIM2 autoflex 505

EPIC 15*

Sub70 hybrids 3,5

Apex 21 5-gw

Vokey SM8  54

Sub70 JB low bounce 58

PXG Operator H 

I have used the adidas sleeves to prevent sun exposure. They were too tight for my arms, and I could never get comfortable. I may try Nike or SParms, I don't have huge arms, but it is to the point where I have been looking at long sleeve shirts. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus 9* @ 8*  :Fuji: Ventus Black 6-X

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 X-Stiff

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* Hybrid Tensei AV White Raw 90 X

:ping-small: G410 22* Even Flow Black 85 6.5 

:Sub70: CB 5,6 Dynamic Gold X100

:Sub70: MB 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 56*,60* Dynamic Gold S400

:EVNROLL: ER5v Short Plumbers Neck 35" 

:taylormade-small: TP5x PIX

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope

:SuperSpeed:

Still a fan of these. Wore them in 100* round a couple weeks ago and had no issues. Didn’t worry about them Fallon down, they weren’t soaking wet and still felt cool. They also have multiple Pga players and caddies wearing them 

https://www.ourstoryi.com/

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1