Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Blue Tees Series 3 max Rangefinder - accuracy issues?

So back in April I left my Precision Pro NX7 Slope mag clipped to my golf cart and it was never turned in to lost and found. Recently replaced it with the new Blue Tees Series 3 Max. Anyone else gaming the new Blue Tees yet? The optics are way better than the NX7, but I do find I have to shoot the target 3-4 times to get a good number. The first couple readings are about 25-30 yds longer (maybe background tree interference?) before I get a number that is more in line with what I see on my garmin watch. Just curious if anyone else has experienced a similar issue with their rangefinder?

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

On 6/12/2021 at 9:52 AM, RDel90 said:

So back in April I left my Precision Pro NX7 Slope mag clipped to my golf cart and it was never turned in to lost and found. Recently replaced it with the new Blue Tees Series 3 Max. Anyone else gaming the new Blue Tees yet? The optics are way better than the NX7, but I do find I have to shoot the target 3-4 times to get a good number. The first couple readings are about 25-30 yds longer (maybe background tree interference?) before I get a number that is more in line with what I see on my garmin watch. Just curious if anyone else has experienced a similar issue with their rangefinder?

I have the same issue and does seem like it picks up the behind the green tree line, have been doing an angle on the flag now and that seems to work better for me.

9 hours ago, ShawnPic said:

I have the same issue and does seem like it picks up the behind the green tree line, have been doing an angle on the flag now and that seems to work better for me.

what do you mean by an angle on the flag?

I emailed Blue Tees CS and this was their response…

To lock onto your target press the power button once, aim at the flag, and press the power button again to lock on the flag.”

I’m playing Tues so will try a few different things out to see what works better.

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

• 1 year later...

I just accepted the fact I have to shoot the flag 3-4 times. I really wish it was a little better for intermediate targets as well but just have to use phone gps to get a rough idea and have a ballpark what I should expect to see in the rangefinder.

• 5 months later...

I have been having the lock on issues with a recently purchased Blue Tees 3 Max.  With anything over 100 yards it picks up back ground objects the first few attempts.  Then I will get an accurate log on of the flag.   On measurements of 175 or more sometimes I never get a lock on.  Very frustrating.  What did you mean by "doing an angle on the flag"?

When I called Blue Tees and talked to someone, they suggested trying to lock on to the flag stick instead of the flag.  This hasn't really helped much.

Don Ulrich

I’m still having the same issues. Next round going to try just using my Arccos GPS data on my iPhone Lock Screen for data to front/middle/back of green.

When I get rid of Arccos and look to upgrade rangefinder I’ll most likely stop looking at the budget products and just invest in the latest hybrids like the Garmin z82.

image.jpeg.c08266db3be87fe1d30beb3f63216d14.jpeg