Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Mokom Golf Glove

Tom the Golf Nut

Mokom Golf Glove
The summers get hot and humid in Tennessee. I went on a search to find a golf glove that would hold up better. My goal would be not to have to go through two or three gloves a round due to soaking through. Then you have to stay on top of them so they don’t get hard once the leather dries.
So I came across the Mokom golf glove. Its claim to fame is “Continuous glove removal and donning no longer required” Just what I was looking for but visually not what I expected. This glove has 132 holes laser cut into it. The larger holes are strategically placed to allow finder pad contact with the golf club grip or to allow the knuckles to protrude slightly through the glove thus not stretching the leather as a normal glove would. The smaller holes are for ventilation.

2026323519_Mokom1.jpg.1b5c9d850eaa1268ee14159a02163f8d.jpg
I went to the Mokom site for sizing and it said they run a little small. I normally wear a Cadet ML in other brands so I went with a large. This wound up actually being a perfect fit for me. The materials are interesting. The white parts of the glove are a soft Cabretta leather. The black part is a textured polyurethane coating on a stretchable polyester knit. I will add that this feels very grippy compared to a normal glove. There is also a thicker black leather patch sewn in on the palm by the heel of your hand for wear. 
As you flex your hand as you would to grab your club the pads of your fingers extend through the holes to create contact with the grip on the golf club.  Putting the glove on does not fell much different than a regular glove. Gripping a golf club does feel very different due to the fact that now you are actually making contact with the grip.  I did a little tugging on one of the holes expecting it to deform or tear but it went right back to its original shape.

1661000390_Mokom3.jpg.51f612e46b2274ebccb4784f65b6d114.jpg                 199830630_Mokom2.jpg.ac1bd6cf7c4b5c49cde6bca4ca2bfd5d.jpg

First on course testing will be tomorrow. Its supposed to be 86 degrees and sunny. 

Edited by Tom the Golf Nut

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Great write-up and hopefully the Mokum will live up to your expectations. They're definitely one of the more interesting golf gloves I've ever seen. I don't know how the humidity is supposed to be in your part of the state tomorrow, but if it's anything like down here, it should be the perfect day to put it to the test. Are you planning on wearing it all day tomorrow without taking it off? 

Have fun out there tomorrow and I can't wait to hear how it works for you!

I will keep it on for all 18. I usually keep a glove on the entire time including putting.

I remove my glove after the drive, then after the approach so I can putt bare handed.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Looks interesting! My hands, of course, also sweat when it gets really hot and humid .. sounds like this one could be helpful, so curious to hear the on-course impressions and also how it holds up over time.

As an FYI... I think it was in here but I read about the Claw Daddy glove which has a ridges on the palm of lines of silicone (kinda like on an oven glove) and a ventilated mesh back. Picked one up to try during my indoor lessons - where I seem to be getting a good workout and start to sweat! - and range sessions, and after maybe close to two dozen uses (or more by now?) there's just one wear spot towards the heel of the palm.

20210613_100932.jpg.c1bbf9ce47d2ef7812cb1803b9628a6a.jpg

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

First round with Mokom Glove went ok.  After the round was complete my actual finger pads were a little red and sore. It was the first time they really made contact with the grip compared to a full glove. My hand remained pretty cool compared to a regular glove. The weather was 81 degrees, full sun and 55% humidity. 

The only thing that got wet was the white Cabrera leather on the back of the hand. You can see the sweat ring around the velcro.

IMG_1625.jpg.d91fb66b9947db2e9876a9351125516e.jpg

The grip on the club felt good throught the round. No slipping what so ever. The glove inspired a lot of confidence while gripping the club. You knew this was not slipping no matter how damp it got. I think after a little calus build up on the finger pads the glove would be fine. 

I'll give it a few more rounds before I give it the play it or not vote. Right now I can say it's good but not the perfect solution I was looking for. 

Round two with this glove shows no signs of wear. The glove is comfortable and my hands got used to the different feel rather quickly this second round. The pads on my fingers were not red as in the first round after 18 holes. There are no visible signs of the holes wanting to tear. The grip on the club is much better than a normal Cabretta leather glove due to the material and texture. Almost a tacky feel and texture. Other than this just being a rather odd looking glove I'm getting used to it. One of my playing partners yesterday wants to get one after seeing it. 

My hands stayed dry and comfortable and it was 88 and humid. The only damp spot was in the same area around the Velcro closure. You do get so much more feel due to the finger pad contact directly to the grip. 

• 1 month later...

Time for an update. I have used this glove every round since mid June. There have been no signs of wear. None of the holes have torn or deformed. Even when the white Cabretta leather gets wet and then dries the glove does not get that crusty, hard leather feel. I have found that the black material (textured polyurethane coating on a stretchable polyester knit) is giving superior grip even on hot humid days. I am able to keep the glove on the entire round. Although it took a couple of rounds to get used to, I think I have found my new summer glove. This seems to be a keeper. I have about 12 rounds on this one glove and some minimal range time. 

I am starting the Maxfli ball testing and this will put a lot of swings on the glove. Stay tuned for another update after testing.

• 4 weeks later...

So I have played all summer with the same glove. It has held up well. The only change I would make to the glove is to keep the center pad of the index finger solid. This area is a major contact area. I built up a pretty large callus from that area where the hole is. All the other holes were fine.

IMG_1710.jpg.40998a8734c012abd2bd1ffaae4e7d85.jpg

I think if I keep using this glove for the next few weeks I'll have to put piece of tape around my finger in that spot. 

• 4 months later...

For the final review / update. The glove held up all season and is still playable for next season. I had to stop using it in September due the the callus build up shown in the previous post. It took from September until late December for the callus to not be annoying when I clenched a fist with my hand.  So going forward if I use this glove in hot humid weather when sweaty hands are the norm I suggest you tape your pointer finger in the location of the hole.