Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Favorite Film now on Netflix!

chisag

... Just popped up on Netflix! Walter Hill made what I considered to be a masterpiece in 1984 that was supposed to be a Rock N Roll Fable Trilogy and Streets Of Fire was the first of the three. A visual and audio feast it is set in a time that seems to be a combination of the 1950's and the future with a mesmerizing Ry Cooder soundtrack. Killer cast with Diane Lane, Bill Paxton, Amy Madigan, Michael Pare and the first time I ever saw Willem Defoe who just blew me away. 

... The film is filled with one cliche on top of another delivered with gusto as if they were being uttered for the very first time. Just genius and soooooooo many critics completely missed the intentional dialogue. Panned almost universally other than a few that recognized the brilliance, I have probably watched it 15 times and it surprisingly still holds up. Very rare for an 80's film. As an aside Diane Lane really wanted the role of the lead rock n roller but Walter Hill saw her as the cute, sweet girl she had played so far in her career and refused to give her an audition. Diane showed up at Walter Hills house in character, never breaking into herself, gave him a hard time and left. Hill was impressed enough to give her the role. 

... Streets Of Fire will not be to everyone tastes but I have never seen another film that is in it's category and I think by the first 15 minutes you will either be completely enthralled or ready to turn it off. Sadly Hill never produced the other 2 parts of the trilogy after such negative reviews. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I have always liked Streets of Fire .... watched it several times.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

• 2 months later...

Several of my favorite Netflix films lately have been foreign language offerings,

but I'll only watch the subtitled ones, never the dubbed ones.

Whether I can understand it or not, I want to hear the original performance, not some fly-by-night voice-over artist.

And if the film does get boring, not being able to understand the dialogue without reading the subtitles makes it easier to nod off and fall asleep.

I think that I'll check out chisag's suggestion, though.  If "sag" means what I guess it does, he's a good source for suggestions

The forum site is slow on weekends.

The people who still work for a living are all out playing.

Edited by BostonSal

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

• 2 weeks later...

I was just browsing through Netflix and stumbled upon The Dig staring Ralph Fiennes and Carey Mulligan. It’s based on the true story of the Sutton Hoo Anglo-Saxon burial site excavation in Suffolk, England during the lead up to WWII. I really enjoyed the movie. Worth a watch.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+