TESTERS WANTED! ×

A playing partner's review of the Stewart X1O : Shoot me now

Okay, fairly irreverent, but golfed with someone who had the Stewart X10 golf trolley.  I have had a electric trolley for 10 years.   I did not realize until yesterday's round how important QUIET trolleys are.  My two electric trolleys make no unnatural noises (unless i crash them into something as i walk behind them).... The Stewart X10 is unbearable to people not owning that thing.  It whirs like a wind up car when it moves... but worse, it whirs /runs to catch up to the person it is following, then slows to a crawl, then speeds up, then slows down, up/down/up down..... all the while the motor whirs as it gains speed, up/down/up down.... UG

So, imagine listening to that while you swing -- and your partner walks over to their ball?  Yep, maddening.  

Also, your partner cannot move to check out things (l asked him at one point to check if people where off green on a dogleg) - as to have to turn off the follow mode takes a few seconds (dig out remote, turn off, etc)... I could have done it by that time.  (oh and the size of that remote lol)

And, the thing creaks and sounds like a GEO - about ready to fall apart while moving..

While I normally dont review other peoples stuff - this trolley must be banned from all courses - or approval consent forms from playing partners... Just saying..

Note : person who had this was nice, no issues there... just this device was enough to make me want to jump in a lake or throw it in there 🙂

Quite as a mouse!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

... Yup, MGI ZIP is very quiet but I NEVER move mine once any of my playing pards address their shots. Golfers have been known to look for excuses after hitting a bad shot and I once had a guy say he would never play with a Remote Cart again because it was so distracting when he was trying to hit his shot. Thankfully his playing companion knew him well and immediately jumped in and said while laughing "He never moved his cart when you addressed your shot. Not even for your practice swings. You just suck at golf" LOL. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I have had several brands. Play desert courses so not smooth and hard. They have all made noise, not a lot but some creaking, whatever. Not really noticed engine noises. I'm a retired Marine so think the things should be able to go over river rock and other hazards. Maybe explains why I have had several. I don't move them when people are playing. I guess my first one annoyed a friend because he offered to take it home and I don't know, oil it or something. If I can't fix it with a hammer and/or duct tape, I am at a loss. But I like a little, repeat little, noise because I don't have to watch it 100% of the time. 

The Stewart brand is huge oversees and the follow me mode version is like $2500, so am surprised that they are that loud. Good review, thank you.

Don

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

Ive had the bat caddy X8R and now getting the Zip Navigator A.T. 

Everyone better get ready because we are about to have an invasion with electric caddies here in the USA. It's been way over due.

Edited by RWATTS
Spelling

Mizuno JPX EZ Forged. Taylormade M6 on Graphite Tour AD/DI. Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Black.  

Talking, cart noise,or just about  anything else  doesn't bother me. There was a time when anything and everything  bothered me. I made it a priority to learn to play this way. It's really made a difference.  Although, I can't imagine what tour players go thru with spectators. Especially the drunk ones. 

Another happy user of an MGI Zip Navigator here. Minimal amount of motor noise, and really only noticeable if walking right next to the cart.

Also the group doing the Moto Caddy reviews all seem pretty pleased with them.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Incredibly happy Alphard eWheels user here.  It's absolutely silent.  Couldn't ask for anything better.  Sorry you had to endure that craziness!

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Very interesting….I have watched every video Stewart has and none of the trolleys made noise. I believe you played with an outlier.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 7 months later...

Hi CrazyLegs87, 

While the X10 Follow may generate a small amount of noise when in use, due to its dual motors (the reason why it is more powerful than conventional carts), we would not expect this to be at a level that would be a distraction out on the course. It is unusual for one of our carts to make the amount of noise you have described, which indicates that your playing partners' cart may need servicing, as this is not performing as expected. 

Additionally, we would always recommend following course etiquette whilst using the X10 (or any electric cart), and stopping while your partner plays their shot. When in Follow mode, the user can simply step backwards towards the cart to enter the neutral zone, stopping all movement of the cart. 

Stewart Golf