Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Dollar Driver Club

LeftyHawk

Just wondering if anyone out has ever tried this service. I can see where it would be a good thing, being able to try a driver in a real world situation, but at the same time I'm not sure how legit this is.

Chris

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX

15 hours ago, LeftyHawk said:

Just wondering if anyone out has ever tried this service. I can see where it would be a good thing, being able to try a driver in a real world situation, but at the same time I'm not sure how legit this is.

Chris

The service is legit. You pay $30.00 a month and you have to sign up for a year. Your allowed to try three drivers per year. They will only send you new drivers. The ones you return go to a used seller like a 2nd Swing or similar outfit. If you like and want to keep a driver you pay the difference from the retail price. In the end you are still paying full price. So if by chance some retailer has the driver on sale you still pay retail. If you don't decide to purchase you are still on the hook for $30.00 a month for a year. 

If you went to a fitter you would know what works best and if you buy the club through them usually the fitting is free. If your like me and just want to try other clubs I would just go to a demo day that is at a golf club so you can hit them outside.  Then go on a used club site and find a mint condition club.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

8 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

The service is legit. You pay $30.00 a month and you have to sign up for a year. Your allowed to try three drivers per year. They will only send you new drivers. The ones you return go to a used seller like a 2nd Swing or similar outfit. If you like and want to keep a driver you pay the difference from the retail price. In the end you are still paying full price. So if by chance some retailer has the driver on sale you still pay retail. If you don't decide to purchase you are still on the hook for $30.00 a month for a year. 

If you went to a fitter you would know what works best and if you buy the club through them usually the fitting is free. If your like me and just want to try other clubs I would just go to a demo day that is at a golf club so you can hit them outside.  Then go on a used club site and find a mint condition club.

Thanks for the info. It answers all the questions I had about them. For me a fitter is at least 2 hours away.  Not sure if I'll ever pursue Dollar Driver Club or not, but now I know how it works.

Chris

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX