Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

MaxEntropy's Progress

Good luck and i always find it interesting to hear what other people are doing to improve 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

33 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Once she's done, I plan to sign up for some lessons.

I can't recommend Randy at Windmill Training Center enough.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

8 hours ago, MattF said:

I can't recommend Randy at Windmill Training Center enough.

I'm back to see Randy next Friday. The big stick needs a lot of help - it's the most inconsistent club in my bag.  @MaxEntropy I highly recommend Randy, however, be forewarned he's booked far in advance. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 2 months later...

New work responsibilities have had a bad effect on my participation here (that and the mobile browsing being a terrible experience that last few months). It occurred to me that I should have been providing some updates to this thread.

Over the last couple months, my handicap has been bumping between 6 and 7 (currently a 7). While I was in some mind-numbing training a couple weeks ago, I did look at my scores for the last two seasons a little more closely. Last year I averaged 42.9 on the front and 46.1 on the back. This year, through last week, those averages are now 42.4 and 44.6. I am encouraged by the fact that scores on both 9's are dropping and the difference between the two 9's is also dropping. Historically, across the whole league the back is 5 strokes harder. On paper, it doesn't really seem that much harder, but I guess the scores don't lie when you are talking about two years worth of scores with 16 guys.

Tonight is the last "official" league round, then we have 2 weeks of playoffs followed by fun days until the time change makes it too dark to play. My team is not really in the running for anything (other than making sure we don't end up in last place making us the planning committee for next year's outing), so the next few weeks are about padding personal stats for me. We award a "league MVP" that is the highest point total for the entire season. For each match, we have 9 hole points, 4 stroke play points, and an adjustment for how many strokes are were over/under our handicap. As of right now, I am in the lead for league MVP with second place 17.5 points behind me, so not quite locked up mathematically, especially since MVP points are tracked during payoffs and I will be on vacation next week, so I'll get 0 and I'll have to hope my nearest competitors have down weeks.

So what's the difference between this year and last? Just a hunch, but it has to be off the tee. Starting the season with a better fitting (but not fitted) driver seems to have helped. The Epic Speed test, with a properly fitted shaft, seems to have helped a lot. I don't want to give away too much from that review, but if you have followed that thread, you know that something about this club/shaft combo has helped "eliminate" the left side for me.

image.png.785ac9c3dca9629a568a72163c19edd4.png

OK, not eliminate entirely, but it is way down and the left misses tend to be less tragic than they were. If you read my Epic Speed intro, you saw this as my baseline:

image.png.528c7d268f6bdef2951779fca59d4a93.png

It's hard to pick a target with that kind of distribution.

I still have issues with the right but I think I have identified the primary drivers behind those high flares that no course is going to contain. The nice thing is I now feel comfortable aiming to the left side again now that the two-way miss is more like a one and a half way miss.

Anyway, I'll make a point of updating after the season ends.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Hmmm, so apparently I was wrong about MVP scoring during the playoffs. Even though I plopped a turd on the course last night, my lead was big enough to end up winning I. I don't know what it gets me, beyond bragging rights (maybe a few $ and/or a sleeve of cheap balls), but I'll take it.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges