TESTERS WANTED! ×

Forum Tips: Setting Up a Custom Stream

GolfSpy MPR

I wanted to post a brief tutorial on a Forum feature that I find essential: custom streams.

If you just open "forum.mygolfspy.com," it takes you to the Forum home page, which defaults to showing the organizational categories of the Forum. But if you're a regular member, you don't want to see the structure: you want a stream of the most updated content. So start by clicking the "Recent Posts" button in the upper right of the screen:

image.png

At the top of the Recent Posts page, you'll find this tool bar, which is where the magic happens:

image.png

Here, you can customize how you want the content posted in the Forum to show up for you. My stream, for instance, is set to group everything by threads, organized by those with the most recent post. I show all the threads, whether I've read them or not (unread threads remained bolded). A big tip: I just checked the "tests_tests_pl" (not the most elegant name, and I'll look into changing that) to my "Content Types" options, and that now includes all the posts made to the new 2021 Official Testing threads to my feed!

If you want to check out my feed, you can do so at this link: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/discover/26/

I think it's really cool that, if you create a custom stream and save it, it creates a static link that you can reuse and share.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

8 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

A big tip: I just checked the "tests_tests_pl" (not the most elegant name, and I'll look into changing that) to my "Content Types" options, and that now includes all the posts made to the new 2021 Official Testing threads to my feed!

Great addition;  this is what I have been looking for.   It even takes you to the most recent posts!!!!    The only issue/bug is that after I read the post it doesn’t mark it as read until I utilize the mark site read functionality.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Great addition;  this is what I have been looking for.   It even takes you to the most recent posts!!!!    The only issue/bug is that after I read the post it doesn’t mark it as read until I utilize the mark site read functionality.   

I'll check that out further. For me, after I opened the Edel thread I just posted in, when I re-opened my "recent posts" feed, it was marked read. If you just hit "back" in your browser, it often won't show it as read.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

22 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I wanted to post a brief tutorial on a Forum feature that I find essential: custom streams.

If you just open "forum.mygolfspy.com," it takes you to the Forum home page, which defaults to showing the organizational categories of the Forum. But if you're a regular member, you don't want to see the structure: you want a stream of the most updated content. So start by clicking the "Recent Posts" button in the upper right of the screen:

image.png

At the top of the Recent Posts page, you'll find this tool bar, which is where the magic happens:

image.png

Here, you can customize how you want the content posted in the Forum to show up for you. My stream, for instance, is set to group everything by threads, organized by those with the most recent post. I show all the threads, whether I've read them or not (unread threads remained bolded). A big tip: I just checked the "tests_tests_pl" (not the most elegant name, and I'll look into changing that) to my "Content Types" options, and that now includes all the posts made to the new 2021 Official Testing threads to my feed!

If you want to check out my feed, you can do so at this link: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/discover/26/

I think it's really cool that, if you create a custom stream and save it, it creates a static link that you can reuse and share.

This is awesome and a great solution to let those testing threads show up in an easier location so we can follow along easier.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

19 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I'll check that out further. For me, after I opened the Edel thread I just posted in, when I re-opened my "recent posts" feed, it was marked read. If you just hit "back" in your browser, it often won't show it as read.

Normal thread disappear after I read them, both when I hit the back button, and when I reload my “unread posts”.   The test threads stay in the unread state for me.  

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

wow ... I've been doing this for over a year now. Thought everyone knew about it. - https://forum.mygolfspy.com/discover/127/

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

8 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

wow ... I've been doing this for over a year now. Thought everyone knew about it. - https://forum.mygolfspy.com/discover/127/

I’ve been doing the custom stream for a long time.  I am glad that they added the new testing threads; that’s what new

@GolfSpy MPR, you might want to edit the title.  I thought it was going to be about a building a steam room😉

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Gimme Some Steam!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to Forum Tips: Setting Up a Custom Stream
  • 2 weeks later...

Not only does this deserve a bump as it was super helpful, but also a quick heads up for those that we are working on placement for the testing opportunities section. We hope you understand we are taking feedback from the membership and trying to both integrate the new system and make it as fluid as possible for all. 
That being said we have moved the section out from under reviews to its own tab which will send you directly to all the testing opportunities. Hopefully this helps and we will continue to try and update you with any other changes that may come up.

Screenshot 2021-06-29 07.40.43.png

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Not only does this deserve a bump as it was super helpful, but also a quick heads up for those that we are working on placement for the testing opportunities section. We hope you understand we are taking feedback from the membership and trying to both integrate the new system and make it as fluid as possible for all. 
That being said we have moved the section out from under reviews to its own tab which will send you directly to all the testing opportunities. Hopefully this helps and we will continue to try and update you with any other changes that may come up.

Screenshot 2021-06-29 07.40.43.png

That is a nice change. Thanks to all the mods for all your hard work continuing to improve the site.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3